SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bidet Toilet Seats.....
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bidet Toilet Seats..... Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Audioholic:
This scene from a short-lived sitcom comes to mind. Andrew Dice Clay & TV wife are house-hunting with snooty realtor and they check out the bathroom, Dice drinks from bidet like it's a fountain. Whenever I see or hear bidet this image pops into my head.

HA! Big Grin

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I believe we have NOW officially discussed EVERYTHING there IS to discuss.

FN in MT

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Unishot:
And for those of you with an unlimited disposable income, I present the epitome of toilet luxury: The Toto Neorest 750H. It's a bit out of my price range, (cough,cough!) especially since there are three toilets at my house. Eek Check it out:

https://www.totousa.com/neores...8-gpf-with-actilight

Unless it comes with a grinder, I'd bet I could still clog it. Imagine paying $10k and still having to plunge it. That would be stink.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Unless it comes with a grinder, I'd bet I could still clog it. Imagine paying $10k and still having to plunge it. That would be stink.

You might be onto something there: bidet on top, Waste Kang below = WINNING!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
I was in the I ain't never going to use one of those thing crowd......Then the wife wanted one because a friend got a handheld model and loved it. So away to amazon I go and found the below item. After installation and after using it for a try, I'm not sure how I ever lived without it! You just think your clean with toilet paper. And yes I do wipe dry front,well under front and back after a good rinse. Since I'm in a warm State we only used cold water for our use.

"LINK"

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I can't afford them. But I use them when I travel to Japan. Toto is the go-to brand.

I like the heated seat feature in the winter. The washer feature is nice but don't use it all the time.

Not sure what maintenance is like nor product life.

Worth is in the eyes of the beholder. Nice to have but certainly not a necessity.

I lived in Japan for four years and the only toliet I used in Japan I had to squat over. This was back in the 80's so things may have changed.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

You might be onto something there: bidet on top, Waste Kang below = WINNING!

You could call it The Bidang™.

One of the better plumbing threads started with "I need a toilet that can flush a meatloaf!!!"

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
In Iraq we referred to that as the turd squirter.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
LOL, the first time I read this, I read it as
"Biden Toilet Seats". Seems oddly appropriate.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To OP-
If you go with Toto products, be SURE your plumber has installed them before and is familiar with the brand. We remodeled several bathrooms with Toto fixtures (love them by the way), and went through 3 plumbers to find one that understood some of the unique installations they require.

Best of success, Steve

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Unishot
posted Hide Post
Thank you for that advice. I appreciate it.
It's my understanding that the toilets are pretty straight forward, with no special installation requirements. The bidet toilet seats supposedly are just "plug and play" as long as you have an outlet nearby. (That sounds bad, I know! Wink
They shouldn't require any special installation requirements as well, from what I've been led to believe.

Insert your favorite gun-related witticism here!

Posts: 653 | Location: TX | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
If you are looking at seats with a bidet built in, IMO it would probably be wiser to either buy a toilet with the bidet built in, or a bidet unit that isn't part of the seat. Seats break. Bidets with moving parts probably break too. Better to replace only what's broken, when the time comes, in my opinion.

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBTRS:
I lived in Japan for four years and the only toliet I used in Japan I had to squat over. This was back in the 80's so things may have changed.

You didn't have to dig before squatting? Luxury! Smile

Seriously, though, really? Where were you? When I was there in the 80's they had Toto with remote controls already. In public restrooms even. In 4 years, all you used were squatters? Dang, you must be have been deep in country.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post