SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Two US students get life sentences in Italy
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two US students get life sentences in Italy Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted
after being found guilty of murdering an unarmed police officer in 2019.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/2-ca...2kkofezgqbsvhuiqb271

Their Italian vacation is going to last longer than they ever imagined.

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Two US students get life sentences in Italy

The two were into drugs. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Posts: 9041 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they're screwed. They were screwed from the very start of this thing. Guilty or innocent, I'd hate to be subjected to the Italian justice system.

Of course, after the travesty that recently occurred in our American Judicial system, I feel a bit hypocritical saying that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I trust the Italians to get it it right far more easily than I do the DOJ (Democrats Obstructing Justice)

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also agree that the Italian justice system is pretty good, unless dealing with the corrupted upper levels of government.

Those two went to high school in a town of extremely privileged persons, young and adult. I used to live there, it has sort of a mini Hollywood mindset. They got their taste of the real world, you can almost blame their parents for what has happened.

Same place where Max Wade did some crazy Hollywood style crimes, as a teenager.
Stole a Lamborghini, attempted murder of another kid who was dating the girl he wanted, started on a plan to hijack a helicopter as part of a jewel heist, and more.

https://www.sfgate.com/crime/a...ar-theft-4941073.php

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Maybe they'll get some good al dente pasta instead of meatloaf. (Just tryin' to be positive. Smile)

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe they'll get some good al dente pasta instead of meatloaf. (Just tryin' to be positive

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Good idea. You could be their life coach.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Wanted to buy cocaine.

Participants in an illegal drug transaction.

Stabbed an unarmed Police Officer to death.

Life sentence.

Got off to easy.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Don't murder people. Especially cops.

Although I didn't think Europeans were usually life sentence kind of people. Maybe Italians are more hard-nosed.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
They were pretty much fighting for their civilization during the Cold War. Being a lawyer at the time required balls

Posts: 5736 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Although I didn't think Europeans were usually life sentence kind of people. Maybe Italians are more hard-nosed.

Italy convicted seven scientists for manslaughter for failing to warn citizens of an earthquake for chrissakes. Yeah, hard-nosed as you say.

Pretty good justice system, sure. After following a bit of the Amanda Knox trial, I'd never come to the opinion that Italy's justice system is "pretty good."

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I guess they passed murder 101 but failed life 101.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
I also agree that the Italian justice system is pretty good, unless dealing with the corrupted upper levels of government.

Those two went to high school in a town of extremely privileged persons, young and adult. I used to live there, it has sort of a mini Hollywood mindset. They got their taste of the real world, you can almost blame their parents for what has happened.

Marin County, especially the whole of southern Marin county and all its 'towns' is the West Coast slice of the worst of New England college towns. Entire communities occupied by smug, self-righteous, arrogant, self-important, NIMBY assholes. Their spawn, whether they attend Tam High, Redwood, Drake, Marin Country Day...doesn't matter, all privileged, wannabe adults, with lots of financial and familial cover to do stupid shit. The most homogeneous region in the entire Bay Area (actually Northern CA really) but, also the loudest voices when it comes to demanding 'diversity' and 'equity' Roll Eyes

Here's how its playing in the local rag
Marin classmates found guilty in murder of Italian police officer, given life sentences

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
That police officer was stabbed 11 times. Over $100 of cocaine. The only reason they didn't receive the death penalty is that it's outlawed in Italy.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16349 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Italy convicted seven scientists for manslaughter for failing to warn citizens of an earthquake for chrissakes. Yeah, hard-nosed as you say.

Pretty good justice system, sure. After following a bit of the Amanda Knox trial, I'd never come to the opinion that Italy's justice system is "pretty good."

I agree they seemed to screw up the Amanda Knox case pretty badly. I can't say why or what lay behind that.

Charging scientists with failing to predict earthquakes is stupid, and seemed largely political to me. Someone had to be a scapegoat.

It is a different way of doing criminal prosecution as compared to us. I don't know if it is generally worse or generally better. Maybe the same, but different?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

Marin County, especially the whole of southern Marin county and all its 'towns' is the West Coast slice of the worst of New England college towns. Entire communities occupied by smug, self-righteous, arrogant, self-important, NIMBY assholes. Their spawn, whether they attend Tam High, Redwood, Drake, Marin Country Day...doesn't matter, all privileged, wannabe adults, with lots of financial and familial cover to do stupid shit. The most homogeneous region in the entire Bay Area (actually Northern CA really) but, also the loudest voices when it comes to demanding 'diversity' and 'equity' Roll Eyes

Those sorts of places often want liberal feel-good policies, but not in their little enclaves.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Guessing that the two stupidents are about to learn a new subject matter.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
He stabbed the officer 11 times. He's an animal. I hope their time is hard and for their entire lives.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I wish this had happened in a non-EU country. The prison experience would be much more fitting.

Posts: 3535 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post