SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A one mile trip into the wild
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A one mile trip into the wild Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Cool

Not a swamp aficionado, but I enjoyed the tour from my comfy, air-conditioned living room.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I would rather be 10 miles off the coast fishing for tuna, than in the swamp. I have an unreasonable fear of being in the swamp with snakes and gators. I will take the risk of the open ocean any day. But that is just the product of my upbringing, including lots of deep open water fishing and diving....

We are the product of our respective environments, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Texas Gulf Coast swamp. Good photos.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool.

Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 1351 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
"Called him Amos Moses"

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pictures, except for the Horse Fly, freaking hate horse flies!

I have spend some quality time in swamps, mangrove forests, sloughs and other muddy places. I have for years wanted to do the Swamp Walk in the Big Cypress at Clyde Butcher's Gallery.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Nice clean airy pictures.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post