June 14, 2018, 12:43 PM
ZSMICHAEL
A one mile trip into the wild
Nice set of pics of Alabama swamp.

https://www.al.com/expo/news/e...p_into_the_wild.html
June 14, 2018, 01:19 PM
arfmel
Cool

Not a swamp aficionado, but I enjoyed the tour from my comfy, air-conditioned living room.
June 14, 2018, 01:25 PM
FishOn
I would rather be 10 miles off the coast fishing for tuna, than in the swamp. I have an unreasonable fear of being in the swamp with snakes and gators. I will take the risk of the open ocean any day. But that is just the product of my upbringing, including lots of deep open water fishing and diving....

We are the product of our respective environments, and there is nothing wrong with that.
June 14, 2018, 01:39 PM
jhe888
Looks like a Texas Gulf Coast swamp. Good photos.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
June 14, 2018, 02:11 PM
Some Shot
Cool.

Thanks for sharing.
June 14, 2018, 02:12 PM
Sailor1911
"Called him Amos Moses"

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016
June 14, 2018, 02:30 PM
Southflorida-law
Great pictures, except for the Horse Fly, freaking hate horse flies!

I have spend some quality time in swamps, mangrove forests, sloughs and other muddy places. I have for years wanted to do the Swamp Walk in the Big Cypress at Clyde Butcher's Gallery.
June 14, 2018, 03:04 PM
Rey HRH
Nice clean airy pictures.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.