Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fig Newtons Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Love 'em. Like the Little Debbie brand just as much, maybe a little better.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Nope.

Hate the nasty thangs!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:
Love me some Fig Newtons! Not a fan of other fruited Newtons though. I can easily down a sleeve of the original Fig Newtons with a tall glass of cold milk. Smile

Yeah, I've always liked Fig Newtons, but other flavors are gross.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I love them. Smile

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
I love them! But figs are not good for kidney stones, so I enjoy them very rarely. Frown

Didn't know figs aren't good for kidney stones. Learn something new here at SF all the time!

Luckily for my kidneys, I don't like fig newtons. My husband loves them.

Oh, I know. I have a whole list of things that are not good if you are a kidney stone producer like I am. Just a FYI nuts, especially peanuts are bad to, I can live without peanuts but the others, come on!

Oh, for coffee lovers, bad to! This is the end of today's PSA!

Still love me some Fig Newtons!

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Fig Newtons are the best cookie in the world bar none.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love me some Fig Newtons. The only problem is that once I get started I can not stop eating them.

Front sight...Front sight...Front sight...Only Hits Count.
NRA Life Member
Frank John Boy -Police Lingo

Posts: 126 | Registered: July 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm older than I look
posted Hide Post
https://vimeo.com/145444333

Starts at around 3:50 mark.

Posts: 1939 | Location: San Fernando Valley, CA | Registered: September 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I love them. They're one of my favorite sweet snacks.

The Aldi brand ones are even better than the name brand ones.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
They're OK and I occasionally buy some. Have only had one kidney stone, some years ago, and did not know there was a connection to figs.

My favorite cookie is no longer on any store shelves in my area: Archway soft molasses cookies--the smaller iced version is available but not the big round uniced ones.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
Wow. Yeah, I like them. I just haven't thought of them in a long while. Now I need some. And I need them badly.

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a kid my dad would always buy these when we too k road trips. Still to this day I cannot take a road trip without adding a box (or 2) of Fig Newtons to snack on Big Grin

Posts: 57 | Registered: November 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Love 'em! I'm not so sure about some of the flavors that have been added to the Newton lineup over time - I just want the originals.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan. I'll sometimes refer to them as "Fag Newtons", so when I got some strawberry flavored ones I asked my girlfriend, "You want a Strawberry Queer?" It took her a second to get it, but she got it, and she laughed. This is important.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I like the fat-free ones, but for flavor rather than any health reason. I also found that eating them with walnuts mimics the taste of baklava rather closely.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also found that eating them with walnuts mimics the taste of baklava rather closely.

Hmmm...very interesting. Somewhat similar to our discovery that eating dates with cream cheese was much like eating cheesecake.

Posts: 18067 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Oh, yeah...life time club member.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Yep I like them.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
I love em. Even found the Walmart brand are just as good as the name brands.
I don't buy them that often, but when I do, I get them at Aldi.

A couple of them -- no, not a whole sleeve -- with my morning coffee.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I love Fig Newtons as well. I always feel just a bit weird buying them.

"Let's see here...cookie aisle, Oreo, nah...Chips Ahoy, no....Nutter Butter, hmmm no. Fig Newtons! Oh man!"

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post