SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A emergency appeal for assistance from a forum member
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A emergency appeal for assistance from a forum member Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
The following is the text of an email I received early this morning from forum member Tonyny:

Mike...I'm in desperate need of legal and financial help. The cheating woman I married has filed for divorce and I am forced to rely on my ss to live. I am 62 yrs old and currently disabled. I need a divorce attorney asap as a home is involved and I'm scared. of losing every thing. All my family has pAssed away and I'm alone down here. She has also disabled my phone for calls and text since she is the account holder at sprint. So I can only use email for now. If you could start a threAd for me I would greatly appreciate it. I have no one else to turn to but you. I am current in south lake hospital in clermont Florida please find it in your heart to help me. Tony

A followup email from him provides a phone number to a hospital room in Clermont, Florida. Tony hasn't posted since January. I checked the obits and asked him a couple of questions that likely only Tony would know the answers. This appears to be legitimate.

Tony can be reached via email- Tonyny44@aol.com

For anyone who may wish to speak to him, please email me for his contact phone number.

Obviously, this is not something we normally do, but it seems to me it's the right thing to do. Thank you for your consideration.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I am about 15 miles from Tony and know a divorce attorney I can refer him to who is located in Clermont about 1/2 mile from his hospital room.

artslowe(at)gmail.com or aslowe(at)aslowelaw.com. I am the wrong kind of attorney for his problem, but will help as best I can.

I will be happy to provide phone number by email.

ETA: Will send Tony an email to the listed address now.

A

ETA2 from page 4:

quote:
I can deposit checks to my client funds account, and then transfer the money to Tony or his attorney at his direction.

I will also take paypal or Popmoney to my forum email address and transfer it to that account for Tony.

Checks to my client account may be made out to Arthur Slowe & Associates, P.A.

Mailed to:

Arthur Slowe & Associates, P.A.
15502 Stoneybrook West Parkway
Suite 104-223
Winter Garden, Florida 34787

I will donate my time. Any funds sent will be given to Tony or his attorney.

A

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ArtieS,

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para.

Art.

If you go see Tony and find out the best way to help financially, email me. I am willing and able to help with the retainer so he can consult.

Thanks.
sm

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your lightning swift response, Artie. Please check your email. Thank you, sigmonkey, for the reassuring support.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Tony has the attorney's contact information and I have sent both a text and email to the attorney with Tony's information and a brief description of the problem. Tony also has my email and cell number.

Hopefully we can get him some help.

Monkey, that is a most generous offer.

A

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Never practiced in Florida, so I don't know of anyone personally that I could refer for legal help, but the Florida Bar does maintain a referral network (Phone (800) 342-8011). Might be a good place to look if Artie's referral doesn't pan out.

Happy to chip in on the financial end once a method is posted.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will send an email of encouragement.
I have been very blessed lately and would like to assist financially, too.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delmag Tech
posted Hide Post
Im in and out of several airports today, so I cant help much with organizing. If there comes a point i can paypal funds to help with the retainer or whatever he needs financial help for, Im happy to help.

Posts: 743 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
In for a donation if that helps... I am of no help on the lawyer front and not nearby.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
I would like to help Tony. Please let me know where I can send some money.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5908 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ArtieS:
Tony has the attorney's contact information and I have sent both a text and email to the attorney with Tony's information and a brief description of the problem. Tony also has my email and cell number.

Hopefully we can get him some help. [QUOTE]

First I want to thank Para for the quick response. Than I want to thank the forum members.
ArtieS the woman attorney who called me turns out to be the
Same attorney representing my wife Eek

I no longer have a PayPal acct so if a member close to me could accept
Funds that would be great. I believe the hospital will be discharging me
To a rehab facility in ocoee/winter garden. I am truly humbled and
Blessed to hAve this forum

NRA Life Member

Capital punishment means never having to say, "You again?"

Posts: 4135 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Tony, you are in my prayers, brother. I can chip in some cash when we get a method set up.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:

Hopefully we can get him some help.

Monkey, that is a most generous offer.

A

Artie, are there any local law schools or bar associations that have free legal clinics if the referral doesn't work out? In addition, my state bar has a program for limited income people where they can apply and receive legal assistance at drastically reduced prices. Is that an option as well?

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am no where near florida but can help him with a donation of money. All the best Tony.

Posts: 1744 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Said a quick prayer your way Tony and will check in to see where a few $$ can be sent to help.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone near Tony can you please contact me. Email in profile please give me a cell I can call you at.

Posts: 1744 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
Count me in for a financial contribution as well. When I lost my job back in December some members here graciously helped me out and now I will be more than happy to start to pay it forward.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll help too. Let us know when you get the payment details set up.
Good luck Tony.

Posts: 114 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
I too will help out with some money. Also, Para please email Tony's contact info. I'm going to try to head to the range in that area and could drop by for a visit.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Tony, hopefully the rehab/recovery goes well. Can't contribute much but I will send a few shekels your way.

Get well soon, and good luck with the legal stuff.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post