SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
What makes it legal for LTC Alexander Vindman, to collude with the Whistleblower?

It’ been a long time since I served in the military, but back then we called this Treason.

Ukraine whistleblower may have liaised with Vindman over Trump call

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The Barr speech on the previous page is even better on the video. Originally I read it from the transcript, but then watched the video posted by Chellim

BTW,

"while the president has certainly thrown out the traditional beltway playbook and punctilio"

punctilio - A fine point of etiquette; Precise observance of formalities.

Might be a while before I drop that into my conversations. I'll try to stay within the forum punctilio.

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
Nice to see McCarthy stepping up. Now, if he’d only defend the House against the destruction that’s being allowed... He needs to stick up for more than Republican interests. He needs to gather Democrat House members to join in...

You are assuming there's a decent number of moderates that also have backbone and character, on the Democrat side of the House. I wish you are right, but I think that is a pipe dream.

A true leader in the House would publicly cultivate the numbers - as well as privately.

So far, no one is making that public effort and I think it's needed.

A lot of leadership looks like a pipe dream at first.

I'm just hoping that someone will give it a go.

I see an opportunity here for McCarthy to show himself to be a statesman who seeks goals higher than just being a good partisan.

Pelosi is not leading the whole House and there's a vacuum.

I think turning away from this impeachment charade will, at some point, be good politics.

Having McCarthy giving leadership, saying that this is bad for the institution of the House, would give Democrats a justification they will eventually need, leaving McCarthy as a de facto leader that the public, Republicans and Democrats could all recognize.

In President Trump's hopeful second term there will be a need for House leadership to get squeakers through. I don't think it's too early to show oneself to be that kind of leader.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
So as we watch those associated with President Trump go to jail for lying to congress, why is it that those colluding against President Trump continue to get a free pass?

Concerning Burisma, Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch clearly contradicted her opening statement during her testimony before Congress.

During questioning Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch admitted the Obama White House spent time briefing her on how to respond to congress if questions about Hunter Biden and Burisma were raised. This testimony highlights the concerns by the Obama administration about a clear issue with the Biden family and corrupt Ukraine interests.

All I am asking for is equal application of the law regardless of political leaning.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
The Barr speech on the previous page is even better on the video. Originally I read it from the transcript, but then watched the video posted by Chellim

BTW,

"while the president has certainly thrown out the traditional beltway playbook and punctilio"

punctilio - A fine point of etiquette; Precise observance of formalities.

Might be a while before I drop that into my conversations. I'll try to stay within the forum punctilio.

"God darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore."

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see an opportunity here for McCarthy to show himself to be a statesman who seeks goals higher than just being a good partisan.

Assuming the 2020 election goes well for Republicans, McCarthy is likely to be Speaker.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
And Elise Stefanik ought to be made chairman of a committee.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
A true leader in the House would publicly cultivate the numbers - as well as privately.
A true leader would see the current Dem's for exactly what they are (i.e. the enemy) and would lead them down a path into a canyon when they could be ambushed from above and and eliminated with extreme prejudice. We're way beyond that BS of finding middle ground or compromising. These people want the complete destruction of this country. End of story. As such, they need to be completely wiped from the playing field.

And for the record McCarthy is a buffoon. We'd all be far better off if he simply went to the back of the room, sat down, and kept his mouth shut.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Assuming the 2020 election goes well for Republicans, McCarthy is likely to be Speaker.
And there's no good news for us in that happening. The guy's a low IQ scumbag who bends with the political winds far too much.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
quote:

And there's no good news for us in that happening. The guy's a low IQ scumbag who bends with the political winds far too much.

I'm getting the sense that you don't care much for McCarthy.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
quote:
quote:

His least offensive attributes are that he's a moderate Repub from California. He's a rather dim bulb who lusts for attention.

posted Hide Post
Yes, I’ like #5, the beef & cheese stuffed punctilio with a side of rice & frijoles.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-ukraine-activities/

Eric Ciaramella, whom Real Clear Investigations suggests is the likely so-called whistleblower, received emails about Ukraine policy from a top director at George Soros’s Open Society Foundations.

The emails informed Ciaramella and a handful of other Obama administration foreign policy officials about Soros’s whereabouts, the contents of Soros’s private meetings about Ukraine and a future meeting the billionaire activist was holding with the prime minister of Ukraine.

A primary recipient of the Open Society emails along with Ciaramella was then-Assistant Secretary of State for European Affairs Victoria Nuland, who played a central role in the anti-Trump dossier affair. Nuland, with whom Ciaramella worked closely, received updates on Ukraine issues from dossier author Christopher Steele in addition to her direct role in facilitating the dossier within the Obama administration.

The emails spotlight Soros’s access to national security officials under the Obama administration on the matter of Ukraine.

more at the link

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yea. Put him down in the "iffy" on McCarthy column. Big Grin

Personally, I'm hoping he'll step up to be more than he has been. Time will tell.

There's an open lane for a leader to step up to . . . or into, depending how you see things. Wink

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
A true leader would see the current Dem's for exactly what they are (i.e. the enemy) and would lead them down a path into a canyon when they could be ambushed from above and and eliminated with extreme prejudice. We're way beyond that BS of finding middle ground or compromising. These people want the complete destruction of this country. End of story. As such, they need to be completely wiped from the playing field.

And for the record McCarthy is a buffoon. We'd all be far better off if he simply went to the back of the room, sat down, and kept his mouth shut.

We've had deep divisions before in this country. We, collectively, found a way to eras of better feelings. I said nothing of the type of compromise you're rightly afraid of.

I said we need someone to publicly call various Democrats out to a higher purpose than just resistance. That's NOT the House's constitutional function.

Nobody believes Schiff or Pelosi are either prayerful or somber about what they're doing - even Democrats.

Two Democrats already broke from what is going on.

I suspect that at the end of this unfair sullying, more will follow.

Giving those Democrats rational cover in saying they are breaking with Pelosi to protect the institution of the House could help establish some leader who may gain some currency with the opposition. That may not be McCarthy. If he doesn't have it in him, he doesn't have it in him.

Your thought about unhealthy compromise, respectfully, seems a false alternative and does not address what I wrote.

The point, to me, is President Trump needs help in the House and the circumstance is currently wide open for that person to emerge.

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Three more days of testimony this week.

IG report will be an indictment of Adam Schiff: Rep. Ratcliffe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBrJH55u7C8

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
an oldie , but a good one

Came across this (again)

Hillary Clinton's 2013 speeches to Goldman Sachs were released by Wikileaks in Oct 2016

From one of them:

MALE ATTENDEE: My question is, as entrepreneurs, we risk a lot. And Mike Bloomberg had 30 billion other reasons than to take office. Do we need a wholesale change in Washington that has more to do with people that don't need the job than have the job?

SECRETARY CLINTON: That's a really interesting question. You know, I would like to see more successful business people run for office.

I really would like to see that because I do think, you know, you don't have to have 30 billion, but you have a certain level of freedom.

And there's that memorable phrase from a former member of the Senate: You can be maybe rented but never bought.

And I think it's important to have people with those experiences. And especially now, because many of you in this room are on the cutting edge of technology or health care or some other segment of the economy, so you are people who look over the horizon.

And coming into public life and bringing that perspective as well as the success and the insulation that success gives you could really help in a lot of our political situations right now.

https://www.npr.org/2016/10/15...an-sachs-transcripts

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Enough Calm, Where’s the Storm?

For the past several years, most of us who have been following the seditious Deep State activities against President Trump and many of his close associates have been eagerly awaiting a reckoning. A presidential campaign, then administration, was spied upon by the previous administration, using fabricated domestic and foreign intelligence, with the willing assistance of the mainstream media.

President Trump has been accused of being a Russian agent, a Putin stooge, and a traitor by high level executives of ex-President Obama’s justice and intelligence agencies. A two-year $30 million special counsel investigation, that we were told would unearth “mountains of evidence” of Trump-Russia collusion, was a big dud, exonerating the president of his supposed treason.

Meanwhile these accusations and investigations have ruined the reputations and finances of many Trump associates. Now it’s on to so-called “impeachment inquiry” hearings, attempting to remove a duly elected president based on third-hand hearsay and disagreement with foreign policy approaches that are totally under the purview of the president, not the unelected administrative State Department apparatchiks.

We are told by the mysterious and enigmatic Q, a military intelligence insider group feeding bits and pieces to the public about what might be going on behind the curtain, that a “storm is coming.” Pain has been promised for wrongdoers at some nebulous future point in time. We are now living in “the calm before the storm”.

So far, it’s been way too calm and for way too long. As an outsider watching a steady parade of injustice and corruption directed toward the Bad Orange Man, I wonder if the predicted storm will really happen? Or if like the frequent predictions of a winter blizzard, we only get snow flurries and a breeze rather than a foot of snow.

Instead of a reckoning, it seems the swamp is thumbing their collective noses at President Trump.

Former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe, deep within the seditious coup, fired by then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions, supposedly under investigation, got a nice gig as a CNN contributor. Despite McCabe being one of the point men in spying on the Trump campaign, the Department of Justice has, “No immediate plans to prosecute former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.”

Compare McCabe’s treatment by the Justice Department to that of a Trump campaign advisor. “Republican operative Roger Stone was found guilty Friday of all seven counts against him, including witness tampering and making false statements.” According to the Department of Justice Office of Inspector General, McCabe gave, “False testimony under oath to the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility.”

Stone make false statements to the FBI and faces 20 years in prison. McCabe makes false statements to the FBI and becomes a cable news talking head. Some storm.

It’s a promotion for McCabe, and prison for Stone. Perhaps McCabe struck a deal with the DOJ to rat out his boss James Comey, but I’ll believe that when I see it. No storm for Mr. McCabe, just clear skies and sunshine.

Speaking of witness tampering and false statements, that is the modus operandi of Rep Adam Schiff’s House Intelligence Committee. Schiff is a star in the House and Stone is heading toward the big house. Calm weather, no storm.

Then there is the king of prosecutorial misconduct, the real special counsel, Andrew Weissman. Not content to slither away after his Enron fiasco, he ran the Mueller investigation in a similar fashion to his Enron prosecution. Any reckoning for him? Nah. Like McCabe, he was rewarded with a gig at MSNBC as an analyst, joining another should-be fugitive from justice, former CIA director John Brennan.

One of the head honchos in the coup against Donald Trump is Hillary Clinton. Any storm for her? She is on another book tour, this time with her daughter Chelsea, teasing jumping into the Democrat primaries, hoping that the third time will be the charm for her otherwise uncharming presidential aspirations. No storm for her either, only blue skies.

There are lots of investigations underway against the Deep State. Inspector General Michael Horowitz is looking at FISA application abuses including using fabricated and unverified political opposition research to spy on American citizens and others within three hops of their subjects, meaning the entire Trump campaign and organization.

US Attorney John Durham is looking into the origins of spygate and has now shifted his investigation from an inquiry to a criminal investigation. Where are the indictments, sealed or otherwise? Where are the Roger Stone-style SWAT team raids at the homes of Comey, Brennan, and Clapper, the type orchestrated by the above-mentioned Andrew Weissman?

Are any of the spygate players in solitary confinement like Paul Manafort? Or are any of them fighting for their lives, like Michael Flynn, for supposedly misstating something to the FBI during a prearranged entrapment interview?

We hear about upcoming revelations, predicted by those in the know or with good sources. Sean Hannity has “tick tock” predictions at least once a week. Yet rather than tick tocks, all we see are tweets from Brennan, Clapper, and Comey, continuing to tell their followers what a reprobate President Trump is. John Brennan recently tweeted an ominous warning to President Trump, “May your downfall be swift, your penalty onerous, & your legacy condemned by all.”

Joe DiGenova, former US Attorney now working for Team Trump, has also been promising a storm. A few weeks ago he predicted, “FISA report will ruin careers, people are going to be indicted.” This is not his first prediction that has yet to come to fruition. Where’s the reckoning? Where’s the storm?

Where is the IG report on FISA abuse? Where is the promised declassification of the documents which originated this coup? This has all been imminent every week for the past year, yet it remains as elusive as bigfoot. President Trump and AG Barr had, “animated discussions” in the Oval Office the other day but the storm still has not arrived.

Despite climate change, the weather is fair, with no storms on the horizon. Waiting for the storm to arrive is as frustrating as it was for Vladimir and Estragon waiting for Godot.

Are Barr, Horowitz, and Durham Deep State plants or will the show play out on Trump’s terms, without consideration for the impatience of me and everyone else waiting for she storm?

Despite my frustration, I am resigned to waiting. Trump laid it all out in his famous speech from October 2016. He says what he means and means what he says. He knows all about the seditious coup against his presidency and will settle scores, just as Michael Corleone settled family business in The Godfather. In the age of reality television, something Trump knows a little bit about, attention spans are short and timing is everything.

https://www.americanthinker.co...heres_the_storm.html

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
^^ As the Toby Keith song goes "We need a little less talk and a lot more action"

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I’m starting to get concerned about all this winning. I fear that over the next five years we will get so used to the winning that if President Trump doesn’t do a great job grooming a successor who will continue to just shove it down the GDCs collective throat we may go into withdrawals in 2025.

Thankfully, he has shown himself to be a master at keeping all kinds of balls in the air and getting the important stuff done, so we may be just fine.

In the meantime, back to luxuriating in all the WINNING!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: slosig,

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post