SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Three ‘Experts’ at Democrats’ Sham-Wow Impeachment Infomercial Have Long Records of Anti-Trump Partisanship

https://tennesseestar.com/2019...-trump-partisanship/

On Wednesday’s Tennessee Star Report with Michael Patrick Leahy – broadcast on Nashville’s Talk Radio 98.3 and 1510 WLAC weekdays from 5:00 am to 8:00 am – Leahy was joined in studio by all-star panelist Crom Carmichael to speak about the three partisan anti-Trump law school professors brought in by Democrats to testify about the legal standards for impeachment before the House Judiciary Committee – Noah Feldman, Pamela Karlan, and Michael Gerhardt- who are testifying in today’s impeachment inquiry hearing on the President of the United States.

During the show, Leahy went through each expert’s political stance noting that they are proven, liberal Democrats, citing impeachment Tweets and commentaries dating back to 2015 and forward. Carmichael specifically stated that this will be a bad day for lawyers and the alma maters of the three left wing “experts” who are testifying at what Leahy referred to as the “Sham Wow Impeachment Infomercial.”

Leahy: Speaking of bad things. We were talking earlier about these law school “experts” on constitutional law that will be here today. I just emailed you these details. And it’s funny because what they’ve said about impeachment has been literally, in favor of impeachment almost from the beginning.

Carmichael: This is all three of them?

Leahy: All three of them. But we’ll start with one of them. They’re all lefties. But this Noah Feldman character. He’s an anti-trump, Harvard law school professor. He’s been pushing for impeachment since March 7th, 2017.

Carmichael: Okay.

Leahy: That was 46 days after Donald Trump was inaugurated. He began pushing for impeachment, listen to this. He Tweeted on March 7th, 2017 President Trump should be impeached for, wait for it… Tweets that criticize President Obama. That was his first standard.

Carmichael: Wow.

Leahy: Yeah, yeah. But then, wait there’s more on the sham wow impeachment hearings today!

Carmichael: See he’ll get asked about that and the Republicans have a great chance here to show these people up for what they are. And one might say humiliate them. Which would seem to me a person learns from being publicly humiliated (Leahy chuckles) if they’ve said things and continue to say things that are absurd.

Leahy: In April of 2017 this expert…

Carmichael: Same guy?

Leahy: Same guy. Suggested that the President’s Trump’s criticism is a corruption of the electoral process was an impeachable offense. This was April 2017. Then the next month…

Carmichael: Wait. Explain that one to me. He said the corruption of the electoral process?

Leahy: Well, his media criticism and ‘corruption of the electoral process.’ In other words, he won the election.

Carmichael: Alright.

Leahy: That was an impeachable offense. And then the next month of May of 2017 Noah Feldman, the Democrat expert Tweeted that President Trump had committed an impeachable offense and apparently that was when he fired Comey.

But that would be my guess. then in September of 2017, he wrote about the need to impeach President Trump. That was in September of 2017. This was long before the Ukrainian call or any of this kind of stuff came out.

(Commercial break)

Leahy: The other two experts Pamela Karlan is a stridently liberal Stanford Law professor. Registered Democrat. She’s donated thousands of dollars to Democrats. Including $2,000 to Hillary, $1,000 to Elizabeth Warren, and also to Barbara Boxer. She worked for the Department of Justice under Obama.

She was floated as an Obama Supreme Court nominee because she was an unapologetic liberal. And she was mentioned as a Hillary Clinton Supreme Court pick. And, wait for it, there’s more, since May of 2017 she’s been pushing for the impeachment of Donald Trump. Not exactly Crom you know an unbiased witness.

Leahy: Yeah, you know this is a bit of a mystery to me of what it is the Democrats… I mean, Jonathan Turley will come across as…

Leahy: The fourth expert.

Carmichael: The fourth expert will come across as a well-reasoned person. The first person, Noah, and Pamela, these two people will come across as strident left-wing partisans who happen to have a law degree. I mean that’s what they’re going to come across as. I don’t understand the strategy because Republicans will just pummel these people because they deserve it.

Leahy: Laughs. Yes!

Carmichael: Impeaching the President of the United States is serious business.

Leahy: Very serious business.

Carmichael: And these people are treating it like, they probably would answer the question of the House of Representatives have the authority to impeach the president for any reason that they decide to do if they can muster a majority vote? Yes or no? And they would have to answer yes.

Leahy: No matter how trivial the complaint is.

Carmichael: No matter how trivial. If it’s a majority. Do they have the authority under our Constitution to do it? And that would actually be a false answer. When you go back and I think it was Federalist 65 when they were debating.

And by the way, the impeachment clause in the Constitution was debated a lot by the people who drafted the constitution and they settled on this because they wanted impeachment to be a very high bar. And they also wanted it to be bi-partisan in order for it to actually happen.

Leahy: It’s not exactly bi-partisan here.

Carmichael: And these people are clearly by their own history calling for impeachment from the day that he got inaugurated are showing that they’re just mad about the results of the election.

Leahy: Yeah, and that’s exactly the point. This third so-called witness, Michael Gerhardt is a registered Democrat at the University of North Carolina where he’s a law school professor. He’s apparently the voice of moderation among these lefty lunatics because he’s only been calling for impeachment since March. Long before the Ukraine call.

Carmichael: OK.

Leahy: He donated thousands of dollars to Democrats including Barack Obama. And he’s been pushing out anti-Trump articles on social media since 2015. So again, these are just partisan hacks who are wearing academic robes.

Carmichael: What would be fun is to ask Noah what’s his name.

Leahy: Noah Feldman…

Carmichael: And Pamela and ask them questions and kind of force them to take these very strident positions and then ask the third guy if he agrees with them. (Leahy laughs) I mean there are so many ways to set these people up because they are not being reasonable. And it’s easy to do to somebody who’s not being reasonable. I will tell you. I’m going to go home and going to record.

Leahy: And you’ll report back on Friday.

Carmichael: Well, I don’t know if I’ll be able to report back on Friday because I’m very busy today and tomorrow but I will watch it over the weekend. And then we can talk about what these experts are. But this is not going to be a good day for lawyers in general if this is represented. And it won’t be a good day for North Carolina’s law school, Stanford, or Harvard.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
This “Professor” Pamela Karlan looks like she chains herself to trees the weekend as a hobby. I cant believe these clowns were called in to testify.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Re: Al Green complaining about all the Constitutional experts being White--are there any Black Constitutional scholars?

flashguy
Sure there are. Laquishus and LaMarcus from the south side of Chicago are experts on American law (i.e. how to break, evade, and twist it to serve them). Unfortunately for the Dem's, both are doing 5 to 10 for assault and armed robbery.

Green's a moron of epic proportions. "It’s about whether or not we have matured to the point in this country where we’re going to treat all people equally". Apparently Green hasn't because all he wants is a black person on the panel. Doesn't matter if the white members of the panel are better educated and equipped to address the issues, they be white and Al wants a black dude. Roll Eyes

Somebody needs to stand up, get in this A-hole's face, and tell him to shut up and sit his dumb ass down.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
This “Professor” Pamela Karlan looks like she chains herself to trees the weekend as a hobby. I cant believe these clowns were called in to testify.

From Twitter:

quote:

Chad Pergram

@ChadPergram

At impeachment hrng, Stanford law professor Pamela Karlan notes the Constitution bars titles of nobility and that the Founders wanted to avoid the absolute rights of monarchs: "While the President can name his son Barron, he can't make him a baron." This drew applause

11:54 AM - 4 Dec 2019

Oh fuuuuuuuck you, lady. Roll Eyes

You and your ilk will be doing this the night of November 3, 2020:

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Maybe Tron Carter could be on the panel.........but he would just plead the fif. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Yep, Rep. Gaetz just went after her for that bullshit comment on Barron, accused her of making jokes against the minor son of the president.
Absolute fucking scum...

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My ears are still ringing a little bit from the Nov 2016 screaming. I'm going to try double hearing protection this go-around, for the impeachment flop and the election landslide.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Gaetz put his foot up that elitest scum's ass. This is why I cannot watch these hearings live. I'd Elvis my Goddamned TV and toss it into the street. That smarmy elitest twat better watch her step. Goddamned smirking fucking piece of slimy shit. Mad Mad

I'm sick of this smirking fucking ivy league trash! Mad You'd better hope that this country holds together, lady. For your sake, you'd better hope it does. Mad

https://twitter.com/Cernovich

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
It would be so satisfying to swing a pool cue (big end) to the throat of these self serving blowhards Mad

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
You just know that awful bitch had heard or used that callous joke amongst her elitist, disconnected peers previously and figured it would sound clever or witty to the American public. She lives in a bubble. I truly hope she lives to regret ever agreeing to sit there today and retch up her lies.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Gaetz put his foot up that elitest scum's ass. This is why I cannot watch these hearings live. I'd Elvis my Goddamned TV and toss it into the street. That smarmy elitest twat better watch her step. Goddamned smirking fucking piece of slimy shit. Mad Mad

I'm sick of this smirking fucking ivy league trash! Mad You'd better hope that this country holds together, lady. For your sake, you'd better hope it does. Mad
How many times in her entire life do you think 'anyone' has ever spoken to her in the manner Gaetz did? That alone was worth watching. Oh, and how long do you think it will be before some talking head(s) on CNN or MSLSD start condemning Geatz for his horrible sexist comments. When they do, we all know that Gaetz won the day.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
What Matt Gaetz said of Karlan can be said of the entire impish-mint process: it's done to impress their bicoastal friends and supporters in the Ruling Class, and the more it insults and hurts the 63 million Trump voters of 2016 and the tens of millions more Trump voters for 2020, the better they like it.

They have no idea how angry we are.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
No, they don't. It's obvious that they don't, because if they did, they'd keep their fucking mouths shut. I ran across a thread today on a conservative political forum, one that is very well known, and the subject was this smarmy elitest's remark about the President's son, and one of the posters said "Make note of her name." I kid you not.

They have no idea. There's people out there, keeping track. Making lists.

If anyone- anyone- on the right had made such a remark about one of Obama's kids when His Royal Majesty was in office, the leftists would have lost their shit. They'd be out in the street, smashing windows, burning businesses and calling for the person's head. You know it's true.

It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
She’s just another alphabet person who has let their true hateful self show. Probably looks at traditional families with jealousy and distain.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

These leftists are truly playing with fire.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Gaetz to the 'witnesses':

'Please raise your hand if you have personal knowledge of a fact referenced in the Schiff Report'

*crickets*

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Report This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
No, they don't. It's obvious that they don't, because if they did, they'd keep their fucking mouths shut. I ran across a thread today on a conservative political forum, one that is very well known, and the subject was this smarmy elitest's remark about the President's son, and one of the posters said "Make note of her name." I kid you not.

They have no idea. There's people out there, keeping track. Making lists.

If anyone- anyone- on the right had made such a remark about one of Obama's kids when His Royal Majesty was in office, the leftists would have lost their shit. They'd be out in the street, smashing windows, burning businesses and calling for the person's head. You know it's true.

The Forum I suspected. The only other forum I go to for political discussion. I noted also it was the first comment.
I remember several years back some billionaire lefty wrote a column the gist of which was “do you think we are all going to be safe behind our walls and gates, because we’re not”.
No, you’re not!!!

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Clinton got impeached and he actually broke a law--lying under oath. He still got re-elected. I hate the idea of Trump being impeached, but the longer this goes on, the more nails the Democrats drive into their own coffin. Look at the three partisan hacks, who happen to have PhDs, that the Democrats chose to testify today. The lady invokes Trumps's son! How can they be this bad?--because they have nothing but sound bites and manufactured drama. Look at who the Republicans chose. Look how smart they were to choose someone who admittedly isn't a Trump fan, who didn't vote for Trump, but can objectively look at the purported evidence and conclude it isn't even close to grounds for impeachment.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
The Forum I suspected. The only other forum I go to for political discussion. I noted also it was the first comment.
Yes, first post. You found it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023