SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
do you see a trend? I do.

Yes, I heartily agree that we need to continue to support PDJT and work to get the R vote out, but I don’t see a dim outlook.

Nor do I. My take is the weak sisters that ran prior to Trump. Trump is much like Reagan in his popularity and his following of support.

People are tired of bloated government and ineffective, and damaging policies.

Coupled with the very nasty antics from the left, the amount of folks who see their own skin in the game, is much greater an awareness.

I want to see a clear landslide to include the Senate and the House, for one big reason, and that is the whole "popular vote" BS.

I want there to be no "legitimate" bitch from the leftest after election day.

I want the POTUS to be un-bounded with the same mountains of horseshit he had to navigate during the past three years.

I want the Columbia, righted and permitted to sail following seas with fair wind of "We the People..."'s breath behind her.

That's what I want for America.

Happy New Year!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Amen. Let it be.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://www.oann.com/hero-behi...rump-for-reelection/

Hero ‘behind enemy lines’ pilot supports President Trump for reelection
Worth a listen.

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 3:40 PM PT — Wednesday, January 1, 2020
A U.S. Air Force captain, who was shot down by Bosnian Serbs in 1990 and hunted for six days behind enemy lines, is supporting President Trump for reelection. One America’s Neil W. McCabe spoke to him about why he is supporting the president for four more years.

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Sigmonkey

couldn't agree more

the point I was trying to make is that for this election - more than any other in recent history, we need to work to get the rank and file republicans out to vote - having less than 50% of eligible republicans show up is unacceptable - by a huge margin

the dems will pull every dirty trick in the book - railway cars loaded with missing ballots - you name it, they will do it

but we need to get every able-bodied republican out to the polls and shut the dems down once and for all

they cannot be allowed to continue on the path of trying to overthrow the government

do I think President Trump will win reelection - absolutely, not a doubt in my mind

we need a supermajority in the Senate and a clear majority in the house for the next four years to get what needs to be done before President Trump retires - he cannot be a lame duck

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Marc Thiessen: Trump's Iran strategy is working. Pompeo right to call out ex-Obama team members

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo accused members of the Obama administration of undermining President Trump’s maximum pressure campaign on Iran by telling the Iranians to “just hang on” until Trump loses in 2020.

“I'll be straight up with you,” Pompeo says in an interview for the American Enterprise Institute’s national security podcast “What The Hell Is Going On?,” which I co-anchor with my colleague Dany Pletka, “you have folks who served in the previous administration who are telling the Iranian leaders today, ‘Just hang on. President Trump will lose in the election in November and we'll go back to appeasement. America will write you a big check, we'll underwrite your terror campaign around the world, we'll give you a clear pathway to a nuclear weapon system. Just wait until the Trump administration is finished.’”

This is outrageous. When President Trump came to office, Iran was on the march across the Middle East, its expansionism fueled by cash it received from the Obama nuclear deal.

As a result of Trump’s decision to pull out of the deal and impose the most crippling sanctions ever on Tehran, Iran’s economy is contracting, inflation is spiraling and the regime has been forced to cut funding for its terrorist proxies.

“Hezbollah has fewer dollars today. The Iraqi Shia militias have fewer dollars today. The Iranian regime is having to make choices in their defense budget for 2020. The world hasn't actually seen them yet, they're coming. If you're an Iranian deciding to participate in the Iranian military, you should be prepared to take a pay cut.” Pompeo says. And now the Iranian people are engaged in the largest popular uprising since the 1979 revolution.

The Trump administration is succeeding in its efforts to destabilize the regime in Tehran. For Obama officials to actively undermine those efforts is disgraceful.

The secretary of state also added that in the wake of Iran’s aggression in the Persian Gulf, the Trump administration has taken a number of steps to increase deterrence in the region.

“We have increased activity in the Strait of Hormuz. We have announced forced posture changes in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia. There are a handful of things that we have done that I know the Iranians understand have increased risks should they decide that they want to act out again and put American lives, American assets or those of our friends and partners in the region at risk.”

Unfortunately, our deterrence posture is not working as well as our sanctions. The Iranians are getting away with increasingly bold attacks on the U.S. and its interests.

First, they attacked Japanese and Norwegian oil tankers; then, they shot down an unmanned U.S. drone; then they attacked Saudi oil facilities; then attacked a U.S. military base and killing a U.S. citizen and injuring four American service members; and now they have escalated again, deploying a mob to overrun our embassy in Baghdad, which is sovereign U.S. territory. The U.S. needs to impose serious costs on Iran for those actions, or they will continue to escalate.

Asked if other regimes under sanction might also wait out the 2020 elections to see if Trump loses, Pompeo said “this issue that you described is pretty acute with respect to the counter-Iran campaign because the previous administration and in fact many Democrats have a radically different vision of how we ought to treat Iran. It's not the case in many other places.”

In a wide-ranging interview, Pompeo also discussed the administration’s national security priorities for 2020 including North Korea, China, Syria, Afghanistan and what he considers the number one foreign policy accomplishment for which President Trump does not get sufficient credit. You can listen to the full interview here.

Link

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
A subtle FU from DJT to Iran... Hope these reports prove accurate. Should be, I doubt this admin would leak if not confident..

Report: Quds Force Supreme Commander Qassem Soleimani Hit By U.S. Airstrike In Baghdad

https://hotair.com/headlines/a...s-airstrike-baghdad/

BREAKING - multiple reports coming from #Iraq claiming that *both* #IRGC Quds Force chief Qassem Soleimani & #PMU Deputy Abu Mahdi al-Mohandes were killed tonight in the [alleged US] drone strike outside #Baghdad Airport.

Hard to understate how big this is

• Qassem Suleimani is Iran’s most powerful mil figure in Region
• He runs Iran’s proxies in Lebanon, Syria, Iraq
• Both men designated by US as Terrorist
• Muhandis was at US embassy attack protest, calls himself “Suleimani soldier”

https://twitchy.com/brettt-313...-rhodes-hardest-hit/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems Soleimani and Mahdi poked the wrong bear.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

Promises kept

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
what a great way to start the New Year - taking out some old trash

I guess warning shots were eliminated due to the high cost Smile

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
These days technology has changed, there is only a warning tweet--and indeed there was!

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
HA! That's excellent! Big Grin

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
an important post by Conservative Treehouse (CTH)

I think they are definitely barking up the right tree

long article only posting part of it here

https://theconservativetreehou...trategy/#more-180065

More Administration Leaks and Ongoing House Maneuvers Highlight Dem 2020 Strategy…

The House has a group of dozens of various DOJ and former Obama officials working on their behalf. That House network also has several currently employed DOJ, FBI, State Department and Intelligence Community officials feeding them information on current real-time events. The HJC are currently arguing the Mueller material and the McGahn testimony are needed for the impeachment trial of President Trump.

the primary goal is to gain the Mueller material. By design the impeachment process was/is a means toward that end. Impeachment is not the end; impeachment is the means to an end. Impeachment is the legal standing to exploit the Mueller Dossier material.

The Mueller Dossier is opposition research. The Mueller team was/is designed, and specifically constructed, to deliver that opposition research to the resistance group now represented inside the House by the aforementioned dozens of contracted lawyers.

It is our further contention to the Mueller material was collected with the intention to deliver this material to the House crews: Team Schiff (HPSCI) and Team Nadler (HJC).

Mueller was the insurance policy

The outcome of the Mueller investigation is irrelevant.

What Mueller wrote in his report is irrelevant.

The investigation itself was purposed to dig, legally, into every aspect of Donald Trump, his family, his friends, his finances, his companies, his legal holdings, his lawyers, his accountants, his history… all of it… and they did so under both Title-1 and Title-3 surveillance authority because the Mueller probe was a counterintelligence operation .

President Trump: travel records, phone records, electronic files, electronic communications, emails, electronic records, family files, medical records, bank records, tax records,… THE WORKS …all with unlimited surveillance authority as granted by former Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and the useful status of an unlimited counterintelligence operation. Think about the scale of the material Weissmann and Mueller gained access to.

They legally spied on President Trump for more than two years ; and they legally dug into his background for the same amount of time. This is the massive Mueller edition of the “Trump Dossier”.

The HJC lawsuit is an attempt to gain legal authority to exploit it. However, if they don’t get the legal authority, meaning they lose the lawsuits, they will use it anyway – through a system of leaks to their resistance allies in the media.

The “Just Security” group is similar to the “Lawfare” group. Their purpose is to receive and then distribute leaked material. They will be leaking material from Mueller, via the House teams, as well as material from current insider operations from the resistance.

“the Center’s research is intimately integrated with the Democratic Party wing of the State Department and intelligence agencies. Its leading bodies are staffed with top national security and foreign policy officials from the Obama administration. Out of the 18 people on its list of Fellows and Affiliates, 14 are ex-Obama administration officials. Two members of its Board of Advisors and two of its Leadership Team are also former Obama administration officials.”

“In 2018, following Trump’s ascendancy to the presidency, the center integrated the publication JustSecurity.org, which is playing a central role as a resource for pro-Democratic party media in the impeachment crisis. ”

The Just Security group will leak material which will then be picked up by specific Democrat politicians and used as evidence to attack and undermine President Trump.

All of this has been pre-planned. Just like the planning by Team Mueller when they were investigating President Trump with the intent to deliver the material to their political allies.

What Mueller assembled over two years was a “Trump Dossier” similar to the Steele Dossier.

The political opposition research against President Trump will either come out legally via HJC, or it will come out illegally via leaks. However, it will come out. The DC Appeals Court and/or the Supreme Court decisions will determine which path.

Most of the Mueller team material is irrelevant for the purpose of Trump-Russia. There is no there ‘there’, and there never was. The Mueller investigation in 2017/2018 was never really designed to find evidence of Trump-Russia… it was designed to find dirt on Trump and his family. That dirt, under the guise of investigative evidence, was then assembled into a political dossier.

Anyone who could deliver rumor, innuendo, gossip or manufactured evidence toward that end, similar to the Steele Dossier was used and included in the Mueller material.

Forget about arguing the Mueller probe found nothing on Trump-Russia therefore… (fill in blank). That argument is moot. The purpose of the Mueller effort was dirt on Trump; it didn’t (and doesn’t) matter what that dirt is. Essentially: find dirt, put in file.

Resistance 2020 is now the use of that material.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

related: DEM lawyer Douglas Letter arguing in court to get the grand jury material, he talks about the House Sgt of Arms going to the DoJ and he will take the grand jury material.

Letter mentions the possibility of the Sgt of Arms getting into a gun battle over this

https://youtu.be/GC79g2Yh18s

posted Hide Post
quote:
Conservative Treehouse (CTH):

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think that any holdover in any position from the Zippy administration should be immediately terminated and purged.

There are more than enough real conservatives to fill each and every post.

Also the NSC should be cut to 20 participants - 12 from the administration and 8 seats from external agencies.

Enough with the leakers. Find them and string them up.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...lion-dollars-in-2019

Insane dems and the impeachment hoax have made for amazing fundraising for Trump and the GOP. Nearly half a billion in 2019.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:
Conservative Treehouse (CTH):

I can’t help thinking that prison is too good for many of these folks. A police state that would drag HRC, Nadless, Bullschiff, Comey, et al up against the wall and shoot them would be a horrible thing. We don’t want to live in a police state. Still, it might be hard to shed a tear over that action if it were to happen. I can’t imagine a more deserving cast of characters.

I’m not betting on anything, but I remain quietly hopefully that Mr. Durham will send some folks off to new accommodations.

Time will tell.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
McConnell Gives an Update: Does Pelosi Have the Courage to Hand Over Articles of Impeachment For a Trial?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...he-articles-n2558916

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is back in Washington D.C. today and gave an update from the floor on impeachment.

"The Senate will soon have to address some of the deepest institutional questions contemplated by our Constitution. We’ll have to decide whether we are going to safeguard core governing traditions or let short-term partisan rage overcome them,"

"Ultimately House Democrats cared more about attacking President Trump than keeping their promises. So they rushed through a slapdash investigation. They decided not to bother with the standard legal processes for pursuing witnesses and evidence,"

"Democrats have let 'Trump derangement syndrome' develop into the kind of dangerous partisan fever that our founding fathers were afraid of."

"We’ve heard it claimed that the same House Democrats who botched their own process should get to reach into the Senate and dictate our process.

We’ve heard claims that it’s a problem that I have discussed trial mechanics with the White House, even as my counterpart the Democratic Leader is openly coordinating political strategy with Speaker Pelosi, who some might call the 'prosecution.'

And we’ve heard claims that any senators who have formed opinions about House Democrats’ irresponsible and unprecedented actions as they played out in view of the entire nation should be disqualified from the next phase.

Obviously this is all nonsense," he continued, calling Pelosi's demands to mold the Senate trial a non-starter. "Their turn is over. They have done enough damage. It’s the Senate’s turn now -- to render sober judgment as the framers envisioned.

But we can’t hold a trial without the articles. The Senate’s own rules don’t provide for that. So, for now, we are content to continue the ordinary business of the Senate while House Democrats continue to flounder. For now."

"But if they ever muster the courage to stand behind their slapdash work product and transmit their articles to the Senate, it will be time for the United States Senate to fulfill our founding purpose," he concluded.

the House won't continue with any voting until Tuesday, January 7

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Mitch McConnell!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
The way McConnell and Graham seemed to have hardened up a bit on the left over the last year is encouraging. It's a trend I hope to see continue.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post