SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
He's at a rally in PA pounding Lisa Page harder than ol' Peter Strzok ever did. "Oh, Lisa! Lisa! Oh!"

It's not one of Weezer's best, and many have never even heard it. Trump should use it as one of his rally songs.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15717 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
Many Bible scholars insist that what Nancy did is actually the meaning of the commandment, "Thou shalt not take the Lord's name in vain." In other words, the idea of cloaking yourself as someone who actually abides by His laws and commandments while actually being someone who breaks them for any self-serving reason.

Yes. She's the definition of hypocrite.
I can't legitimately speak to her day of judgement because I am not the judge... but as a Catholic, I think she should be concerned.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Donald Trump has big brass balls. He's at a rally in PA pounding Lisa Page harder than ol' Peter Strzok ever did. "Oh, Lisa! Lisa! Oh!"

Especially right after she filed a suit for Trump saying mean things about her. Cool

Lisa Page sues FBI and DOJ, citing 'cost of therapy' after Trump mocked her salacious text messages

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, that's what I mean by 'big brass balls'. He didn't clam up. He doubled down. Big brass balls.

Posts: 107581 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Donald Trump has big brass balls. He's at a rally in PA pounding Lisa Page harder than ol' Peter Strzok ever did. "Oh, Lisa! Lisa! Oh!"

Especially right after she filed a suit for Trump saying mean things about her. Cool

Lisa Page sues FBI and DOJ, citing 'cost of therapy' after Trump mocked her salacious text messages

The whore is needing therapy since the truth has come out about her. Trump’s words have nothing to do with it. Pathetic person she is.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
This is what can happen when a wealthy patriot is elected to lead a nation. He can't be bought, he can't be bullied, he can't be bargained with. He's got "fuck you" money all day long and he's going to do things his way. His way is working and it's making positive gains for this country like I've never seen in my lifetime. So yeah.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
What is cocaine Mitch up to?

https://pluralist.com/mitch-mc...l-impeachment-trial/

WASHINGTON – Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell raised the prospect on Tuesday of a short Senate impeachment trial for President Donald Trump in which no witnesses would be called.

The scenario of a truncated trial would put McConnell, the top Senate Republican, at odds with Trump, also a Republican, who has been calling for a full trial with witnesses, including former Vice President Joe Biden, on the Senate floor.

The Democratic-controlled House of Representatives is expected to vote to impeach Trump next week after unveiling formal charges against him on Tuesday.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

I'm glad her life has turned to misery. I hope Strozk is dealing with his own kind of misery himself.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
I was able to make it to the Rally in Hershey Pa but not early enough to get inside.
Arrived by 3:30 pm for a start at 7:00 pm. The crowd was already around 10,000 outside. The Giant Stadium in Hersey only holds just over 10,000. Waiting in line which was moving the entire time but at about 6:00 pm the stadium was full and no more people let in.

It was still very heart warming to be with the large crowd hoping to get in. Everyone was very nice and polite. No trash on the ground very clean. Watching the jumbo screen in line outside came time for the singing of the national anthem and you could hear a pin drop the crowd all stood at attention and hats came off everyone’s head and all began singing along. That was a moment I will always remember.

I was worried about the news stories leading up to today talking about all the protesters coming to the event. But when we arrived at 3:30 pm only a handful of people could be seen standing in the protest area. I noticed a person yelling over to the small group “Is this all you got”? It appeared someone yelled back don’t worry the busses arrive at 5 :30 .

However when leaving we only noticed maybe 100 protesters but they could not be heard because of all the pro Trump people .

I would love to hear from anyone else that may have been lucky enough to get inside.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
15,641 seat capacity stadium, arriving 3.5 hours before start time of Trump rally and you (808) were unable to get in with doors closed 1 hour prior to start time with a full stadium.

That’s Great! Big Grin

All to see a President who is very likely to be impeached within a week.
Articles of impeachment:
1. We hate you.
2. We can’t win at the ballot box.

Impeachment will be worn like a badge of honor by President Trump.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Just as Seinfeld is “a show about nothing”, we see the Demonshits with their own version of a sitcom, “an impeachment about nothing”. MAJOR difference...Seinfeld is funny.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Is Trail By Combat acceptable?

Snortle. Thanks a bunch - rabbit hole searches on just who would be the leftists champion in that joust.

Smile

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, that's what I mean by 'big brass balls'. He didn't clam up. He doubled down. Big brass balls.

Yeah, I watched that tonight and laughed my ass off Big Grin "Oh Lisa!" "Oh Peter!" hahahaha!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mod29,

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
15,641 seat capacity stadium, arriving 3.5 hours before start time of Trump rally and you (808) were unable to get in with doors closed 1 hour prior to start time with a full stadium.

That’s Great! Big Grin

How right you are

Posts: 1231 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Pondering the possible reasons for and the potential benefits the dims envision for this impeachment, primarily, they have nothing to lose except the house. I think they have read polling data and correctly concluded they'll lose in 2020.

But is it a trap for the republicans? What response do the dims really want from the senate? I suppose the dims would like an immediate vote and dismissal, then they can grind the claim the senate is just partisan and unserious about defending the Constitution. They could certainly keep their base riled with this scenario.

Somehow I feel the trap is in a protracted Senate trial. It would seem all odds would be stacked in the favor of the White House and the Senate Republicans, but maybe not. What makes me paranoid is the 55 Republican congressmen who retired before the 2018 mid terms. I wonder if somebody got to them and "enticed" them to step down, opening the door to the dims winning a majority setting up this impeachment. If those 55 could be either threatened or bribed, maybe 20 Senators could be.

Other considerations of the how the dims see this as a potential victory is maybe they want to take the candidates who are senators off of campaigning during an impeachment trial in the Senate, so they can rip the republicans for upsetting their primary. Maybe this is part of the set up for a brokered convention. All their primary candidates are so weak.

Another possibility is this impeachment being a ploy to delay replacing RGB until after the 2020 election.

Posts: 7454 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
This is what can happen when a wealthy patriot is elected to lead a nation. He can't be bought, he can't be bullied, he can't be bargained with. He's got "fuck you" money all day long and he's going to do things his way. His way is working and it's making positive gains for this country like I've never seen in my lifetime. So yeah.

Stated very succinctly, sir my sentiments exactly.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
pbslinger,

As in a lot of politics, both sides will walk away claiming some victory.

The Dems can say to their riled wackos, "We impeached or, at least, got our part to a vote."

President Trump can claim another win for the economy, the workers of America and the America First agenda as the politics of legislative logjam is recognized as folly. Finally, the Dems can drop the hot potato into the Senate, leaving space to finally pass things for the people like the USMCA.

The Senate has quite a lot of options on how to proceed alright. But, the long view is concerned with how the Senate can discourage the House from ever doing this again to a Republican president.

We haven't heard the last of constantly trying to impeach President Trump.

There needs to be a cost instead of free shots at a president. I wonder what they're reasoning over the long term to impose some pain.

Maybe spending time confirming judges and winning elections will be good for starters.

I can see various Senators taking the view that the country needs to settle this stuff before it gets out of hand.

Maybe all that leads up to a quick disposition approach.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Maybe cocaine Mitch is a little concerned that if too many layers of the onion gets peeled back in a open Senate hearing some of the Ukraine ugly might be on some Republicans as well and would rather not expose that. Don't think for a minute that there is no corruption stink on the Republican side of the aisle.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
of equal importance are the number of looming retirements of republicans - I guess they really don't want to be in control - that would require them growing a backbone and actually having to work for their leeching

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post