SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:

I know this seems like something unrelated to all of this but I still can’t help but wonder:

Impeached for what, exactly?”

Beating Hillary.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Bribery is not selling well.

Two counts for impeachment seem to be the current thought.
Vaguely worded articles of impeachment for:

1. Abuse of Power
2. Obstruction of Congress

Bribery hits too close to home for Biden.

Not sure how abuse of power and obstruction of congress will work on the heels of the IG Report.
The IG Report clearly lays out the cases for abuse of power and obstruction of congress, against Democrats.

The Democratic ship seems to be taking on water.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:

I know this seems like something unrelated to all of this but I still can’t help but wonder:

Impeached for what, exactly?”

Beating Hillary.

Self opinion:

Here, we all know and agree - the Dem leftists want to reverse the 2016 election results, refusing to accept that voters chose the leader.

Exercise direct power over the People, like Marxist regimes love a showy trial of a political opponent. History.

Isn't impeachment about the inherent unfitness of a duly elected official? Seems the leftists presume that voters are unfit and have no right to have elected President Trump.

Own opinion - I see these impeachment proceedings more as a trial of the voters.

I travel. A lot. Those I meet deem to either spout the same media generated nonsense about our wonderful President Trump, and/or have no idea of the Constitution, what is impeachment, and the difference between hearings and articles.

My problem, in this case, is that I respond and don't walk away, or stay silent. To be silent in this case, is to acquiesce.

I'm no Constitutional scholar, but it would seem that many have not even read the Constitution or the Bill or Rights.

There is nothing wrong with the Constitution.
It requires no changes.

I am looking forward to the landslide of 2020 and the continued beneficial changes of a man who doesn't put himself first, but is more for the Republic, this country and it's People.

And planning on taking Wed Nov 4 2020 a day off from work, off the roads, away from the hub bub. In WA state, the results will be horrendous for many of those in the blue areas around Puget Sound.

--chris

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Obstruction of Congress? How the hell does that work? Does Congress think they're parliament or something where they have supreme power over the Executive?

Hey, jackasses. There's another Co-equal branch called the Judicial branch which would resolve any dispute between you and your other Co-equal branch, the Executive. But you couldn't wait for that, had to rush this hoax through; so sorry, no. You ain't parliament. Obstruction of Congress? Nah, that dog don't hunt. Bitches.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
The Dems are really stretching to consider obstruction.

It went like this:

1. Dems send subpoenas for people and documents.

2. White House opposes.

3. Dems would be expected to go to court to determine the validity of the subpoenas.

4. Dems have no court backing for their request.

5. Dems announce that it's obstruction to challenge them as though they are the superior body and the Executive and Judicial have no say in the matter.

That's the flimiest of grounds I have ever come across.

Posts: 4077 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Own opinion - I see these impeachment proceedings more as a trial of the voters.

That's right. They are trying to impeach ME. I voted for Trump. They are trying to take my choice away. I take it personal.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Trump slams Wray’s response to FISA report, says he’ll ‘never be able to fix the FBI’

FOX NEWS > https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-able-to-fix-the-fbi
===========================================
Hasta la Vista Wray

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

1. Abuse of Power

Not sure how abuse of power and obstruction of congress will work on the heels of the IG Report.
The IG Report clearly lays out the cases for abuse of power and obstruction of congress, against Democrats.

But no High Crimes or Misdemeanors.

I remember reading about High Crimes or Misdemeanors somewhere... some time... as somehow related to impeachment and removal. Maybe necessary, even?

Posts: 2462 | Registered: January 01, 2004Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

1. Abuse of Power

1. Abuse of Power = Different policy objectives than the permanent bureaucracy, sometimes called the "inter-agency group", ie. "the Swamp".

The House Judiciary Committee’s recent Democratic staff report on the legal and constitutional basis for impeachment, argued that “abuse of power” was impeachable, even for “legally permissible” actions, if the president also had “illegitimate motives.”

It's a "thought crime".

2. Obstruction of Congress = Having the Gall to defend himself.

Similarly, the House Intelligence Committee’s 300-page report last Tuesday, in which Democrats summarized testimony in both closed-door and public sessions, devoted extensive space to the president’s alleged “obstruction” of the investigation. It even cited his tweets criticizing certain witnesses as evidence of “witness intimidation.” However, the report made almost no mention of “bribery.”

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Trump's attorneys can make something like a Motion for Summary Judgment in the senate and get this thing over with before it even starts.

I would rather the Senate spend the time confirming judges.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

That's right. They are trying to impeach ME. I voted for Trump. They are trying to take my choice away. I take it personal.

This post is exactly spot-on.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, I wonder if the senate has to run the impeachment trial full time, or if they get to schedule it as they like? It could be interesting if they could schedule it for peak chaos to the Lefties.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This is too much. Pelosi just gave a presser basically taking credit for the USMCA. These scum are incorrigible. Just the unmatching arrogance of these people.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Is Trail By Combat acceptable?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
USMCA passes but that witch Pelosi is so determined to deny Trump a win, she doesn't even mention his name:
Roll Eyes

Speaker Pelosi proudly proclaimed her victory this morning - notably mentioning AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka numerous times but not mentioned US President Donald Trump once - that the deal she agreed was “infinitely better” than the original agreement made by Mr Trump, particularly on enforcement of labor standards in Mexico.

I'm going to relish watching Trump win in a landslide AND see the Dems lose the House next year. This dried up old hag will have to go back to being second fiddle there, so sad. Big Grin

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Mark Levin broadcasts from a local radio station, right around the time I'm often in my car. Last night, in one of his less-stellar wordsmithing moments, he coined the term, "Schiffism."

He went on to refer to "Tail-Gunner" Joe McCarthy, who in the 1950s, ran roughshod over the Constitution (side note: my father was called in front of the McCarthy hearings. Because he was served by Robert F. Kennedy, he never had a good word for RFK to his dying day).

Levin's final comment on his new term: "At least McCarthy was going after communists. Schiff is going after AMERICANS."

Never the best source, or always the most accurate, but for those who need a quick refresher on McCarthyism, there is Wikipedia.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Wait, "obstruction of Congress?" Since when did Congress become the final arbiter of differences between the Executive and Legislative branches?

The U. S. Constitution establishes THREE separate, but equal branches of government. If and when two of the branches disagree, as they frequently do, the third branch balances the others out.

In this case, the Judicial Branch, the third separate, but equal, branch is the final arbiter. NOT Congress deciding its feelings have been hurt.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The Senate should subpoena Adam Schiff to testify in the Senate trial. When Schiff refuses to comply they should immediately declare the President innocent.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This country has a serious problem, and it isn't in the White House.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post