SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:
parabellum
Peace through
superior firepower

posted October 02, 2019 12:02 PM Hide Post
I just watched President Trump break out the flamethrower during a live photo op with the leader of Finland. He toasted Pelosi, Schiff and the greater part of the news media. The President said he has stopped using the term "fake news" and will now call them the "corrupt news", because "fake news" isn't tough enough.

He must have seen my post, above. Big Grin But, seriously, "corrupt news" has more punch.

The crowning touch in the Democrat comic opera would be for Hillary to come waltzing out of the wings, arms wide, head back, singing an off-key, screechy aria about how wonderful she is, only to get her feet tangled up in the hem of her gown and do a header into the footlights. Bravo, Hillary, bravo!!!

Please, oh, please, God, let the witch of Washington decide to run again. Big Grin Big Grin

Don't forget she'd be coughing on her way out. Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Timeline:

July 25 - call

August 12 - agent/operative sends letter to committee

Unknown date in August the form is changed to allow 2nd hand hearsay in complaints

August 28 - Schiff tweets about Trump withholding aid while trying to get Ukraine to investigate his 'political opponent'.

September 18 - WaPo publishes article about call based on anonymous sources

The question has been raised that the complaint was most likely written by an attorney, it is not the typical complaint and the wording appears to be from an attorney. So a possible scenario is that the operative/agent hears from someone in the WH that they could really use that call against the president, so the agent goes to Schiff and tells him about it. Schiff tells him that he can't use the information unless the agent makes a formal complaint. The agent tells him that you can't make a complaint using hearsay or second hand knowledge. Schiff gets them to change the form to allow hearsay and has his lawyers help the agent file the complaint knowing that the IG will have to forward it to the committee. The WaPo publishes anonymous article on Sep 18th and the ball starts rolling. It was said early on that the intelligence community would be coming after Trump.

Part of this scenario is still yet to be verified, but it has now come out that the blower did indeed contact Schiff BEFORE filing the complaint. We have also confirmed that the form was definitely changed in August.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/1...f-whistleblower.html

When the walls come tumbling down...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have also confirmed that the form was definitely changed in August.

bama,

The "whistleblower" signed the old form with the language that hearsay could not be used in the complaint.

So the "new" form came out after the complaint.

The Intl IG argued that the current law did not prohibit hearsay, but the formal Intel IG form did. So the IG just rewrote the form.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:
Sanders had stents inserted today after complaining of chest pain.

https://thehill.com/homenews/c...ing-chest-discomfort

My guess is that he will drop out, since he has been fading anyway. Joe is up shit creek over his son's dealings in the Ukraine. So the frontrunner would have to be Warren, and if she is the candidate Trump will annihilate her. Just when you see her and hear her talk, she is almost as hateful as Hillary. And that is saying a lot.

Pelosi knows none of the Democrats can beat Trump, so they have only one hope: remove him from office. And you can see how well that is going. Roll Eyes

Limbaugh mentioned it last week and again today that Hillary is back in the mix and looking for a way to insert herself as a nominee. I have since seen it mentioned in other opinion pieces.

I think she's waiting for Biden to fall and then look to make her move. This is the best thing that could ever be handed to Trump. He would begin by destroying her in the debates and then again steam roll her in the general election in a way that would make the 2016 election look close.

Hillary could not absorb another rejection of herself in favor of Trump. She may just have to Clintoncide herself.
That would be some quality comedy right there. She'd be spinning out of control, cough, gag, weird facial expressions, mebby fall down..not a word from her minced meat brain would anyone care to hear. President Trump would eat her like a Scooby snack.. Big Grin. Is she really still alive? You aint goin no place hagula.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
This is pretty awesome. (Time coded link: https://youtu.be/MFZmDsMFjgM?t=1929)

The State Department, President Trump, and Finnish President Niinistö secured the recovery of Native American remains and artifacts that were extradited to Finland many years ago.

I had no idea.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9157 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
quote:

bama,

The "whistleblower" signed the old form with the language that hearsay could not be used in the complaint.

The Intl IG argued that the current law did not prohibit hearsay, but the formal Intel IG form did. So the IG just rewrote the form.

Check this nugget that just dropped...The ICIG did not even review the actual transcript of the call before determining that the complaint was 'credible' Eek

IC Inspector General Didn’t Review Ukraine Call Before Forwarding Whistleblower Complaint

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
parabellum
Peace through
superior firepower

posted October 02, 2019 12:02 PM Hide Post
I just watched President Trump break out the flamethrower during a live photo op with the leader of Finland. He toasted Pelosi, Schiff and the greater part of the news media. The President said he has stopped using the term "fake news" and will now call them the "corrupt news", because "fake news" isn't tough enough.

He must have seen my post, above. Big Grin But, seriously, "corrupt news" has more punch.

The crowning touch in the Democrat comic opera would be for Hillary to come waltzing out of the wings, arms wide, head back, singing an off-key, screechy aria about how wonderful she is, only to get her feet tangled up in the hem of her gown and do a header into the footlights. Bravo, Hillary, bravo!!!

Please, oh, please, God, let the witch of Washington decide to run again. Big Grin Big Grin

As long as we're fantasizing. Let her get the nomination. Spend as much money as she can and rally as many supporters as she has left and there are some. Two weeks out from the election Barr drops an indictment on her!

Hell Comey unwittingly damn near did that. I thought that was so fresh when Comey thought he was helping her out by reopening the investigation only to clear her yet again. Hillary's head was spinning and spraying venom everywhere over that!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I disagree with Rush. The Hildabeast is done. Even the most vapid leftist I know just wants that crooked lying bitch to go away and STFU.

She doesn't have any support. None. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
I'm hoping that the whole leaking thing comes to an end in the next few years. I mean, isn't it illegal to "leak"? Aren't you giving access to materials that you're not authorized to give?

I guess I don't get it. If I "leaked" corporate data to people outside of my customer, couldn't I end up in jail?

It is a criminal act to leak classified information. A phone call between the President of this country and another is classified. The President had to declassify the transcript to release it to the public.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
If HRC has the sense to stay out of the 2020 race, good.
However, if she's dumb enough to jump in at some point, I'll enjoy watching President Trump beat her...again. Like a rug Smile

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If I read this correctly, the whistle blower violated FEDERAL LAW AND SHOULD NOT BE AFFORDED THE WHISTLE BLOWER ACT PROTECTIONS.

Can they be charged with giving classified information to Congress without permission?

BREAKING: Anti-Trump Whistleblower Colluded With House Democrats Before Filing Complaint

https://thefederalist.com/2019...n0SEm3Iq8NGLPwOM-HyU

An anti-Trump whistleblower at the center of ongoing Democratic efforts to impeach President Donald Trump coordinated with Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., and his Democratic staff prior to filing his whistleblower complaint, The New York Times reported on Wednesday afternoon. The bombshell report that the whistleblower and his Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) colleagues actively worked exclusively with congressional Democrats before filing the complaint raises serious questions about whether the complainant followed federal laws providing whistleblower protections for employees within the U.S. intelligence community.

“Before going to Congress, the C.I.A. officer had a colleague convey his accusations to the agency’s top lawyer,” The New York Times reported. “Concerned about how that avenue for airing his allegations was unfolding, the officer then approached a House Intelligence Committee aide, alerting him to the accusation against Mr. Trump.”

The New York Times noted that the anti-Trump complainant only notified the committee’s Democrats of his allegations.

“The whistle-blower’s decision to offer what amounted to an early warning to the intelligence committee’s Democrats is also sure to thrust Mr. Schiff even more forcefully into the center of the controversy,” The New York Times wrote.

Under federal law, whistleblowers within the intelligence community are required to report any allegations of wrongdoing to the Intelligence Community Inspector General (ICIG) in order to receive statutory whistleblower protections for their disclosures. The law does not provide any protections to employees or contractors who bypass the process required by law and go directly to Congress, nor does it provide any avenue to disclose classified information to Congress without first going through the ICIG. If the complainant or a colleague leaked classified information to Schiff or his committee, those individuals could be subject to criminal liability for illegal and unauthorized disclosure of classified information.

“The employee may contact the intelligence committees directly [after filing a complaint with the inspector general] if the employee…before making such a contact, furnishes to the Director, through the Inspector General, a statement of the employee’s complaint or information and notice of the employee’s intent to contact the intelligence committees directly…and obtains and follows from the Director, through the Inspector General, direction on how to contact the intelligence committees in accordance with appropriate security practices,” the federal whistleblower law, known as the Intelligence Community Whistleblower Protection Act, or ICWPA, states.

The full anti-Trump complaint, which was declassified by the president and released on September 25, included no first-hand evidence of wrongdoing by the president. Instead, it offered a litany of second-hand allegations, gossip, and hearsay, much of which was shown to be false when compared to the actual transcript of the July 25 phone call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelensky.

As The Federalist first reported last week, the ICIG changed its internal rules and guidance regarding whistleblower complaints to eliminate a requirement that the complaints contain first-hand information. The ICIG confirmed that reporting on Monday when it admitted it had altered its forms and procedures after the anti-Trump complaint was filed with the ICIG.

Top lawmakers in both the Senate and House sent letters to the ICIG earlier this week demanding to know precisely when the first-hand information required was discarded. Under the whistleblower law, the ICIG has near-total authority to determine how whistleblower evidence is weighed and ultimately whether complaints are considered credible.

The ICIG admitted in a September 13 letter to Congress that he never reviewed the transcript of the July 25 call before determining that the anti-Trump complaint “appear[ed] credible.”

“As part of its preliminary review, the ICIG did not request access to records of the President’s July 25, 2019, call with the Ukrainian President,” ICIG Michael Atkinson wrote.

Both the Director of National Intelligence and the Department of Justice Office of Legal Counsel determined that the complaint was statutorily deficient and did not qualify under the law as an “urgent concern” that needed to be provided to the relevant congressional oversight committees.

The communication between the whistleblower and House Democrats prior to the complaint’s filing also raises questions about whether Schiff and his committee staff coordinated with the ICIG regarding the watchdog’s whistleblower forms and guidance stating that first-hand information is required in order for the agency to properly investigate “urgent concern” complaints.

The new revelations that Schiff and his staff coordinated with the anti-Trump complainant and his colleagues prior to a formal whistleblower complaint also suggest Schiff was less than truthful about his interactions with the whistleblower. On August 28, nearly two weeks before the ICIG formally informed Congress of a pending “urgent concern” whistleblower complaint from an intel operative, Schiff tweeted allegations from the complaint without disclosing their source.

“Schiff was in on it and he lied about it,” a congressional G.O.P. staffer told The Federalist. “This impeachment initiative has as much genuineness as a three dollar bill.”

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
quote:

bama,

Check this nugget that just dropped...The ICIG did not even review the actual transcript of the call before determining that the complaint was 'credible' Eek

IC Inspector General Didn’t Review Ukraine Call Before Forwarding Whistleblower Complaint

This is unraveling quickly. Suggest anyone interested go check out Sean Davis' timeline:
https://twitter.com/seanmdav/with_replies

The blower illegally went to Schiff BEFORE filing an official IG complaint. This means that the blower does not get whistleblower protection - you only get protection if you follow the guidelines which state that you must make a formal complaint and then there are processes you can follow if you don't think the complaint is being handled properly to go to the Congressional Oversight Committee.

There is no procedure for illegally leaking classified information to the committee before a formal complaint is filed.

- John Adams

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I wonder if foreign officials will want to deal with us if their conversations (regardless of content) are going to be blabbed all over. Transparency is one thing, but some degree of confidentiality has to be maintained.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
I think Rudy is about to open up a YUGE can of whoop-ass on a whoooole bunch of Demotards and Schiff-for-brains' "whistleblower".

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Looks like this is starting to get REAL....Entertaining! Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8884 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:

The blower illegally went to Schiff BEFORE filing an official IG complaint. This means that the blower does not get whistleblower protection - you only get protection if you follow the guidelines which state that you must make a formal complaint and then there are processes you can follow if you don't think the complaint is being handled properly to go to the Congressional Oversight Committee.

There is no procedure for illegally leaking classified information to the committee before a formal complaint is filed.

Put the leaker-blower's head on a pike at the entrance to Congress. Pour encourager les autres, as the saying goes...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
I think I'd be just as satisfied to hear the slamming of prison cell doors in the fat faces of these Demotarded sumbitches.

To the rumors about Hitlery the Hag entering the Demotard race...the Albatross of leaking Intel and Top Secret data from her private servers and computers, the Uranium 1 deal, et.al., still hangs around her neck and it's beginning to rot into a maggot-infested carcass that carries with it a heinous odor. Ain't no way on God's green earth President Trump would let her get away with any of her bullshit. RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! It would be a blood-bath...and EVERYONE knows it.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
“This impeachment initiative has as much genuineness as a three dollar bill.”

LMFAO!!!!

posted Hide Post
Flashback: Adam Schiff Claimed ‘We Have Not Spoken Directly with the Whistleblower’

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...h-the-whistleblower/

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) previously claimed his panel had “not spoken directly” with a federal bureaucrat alleging wrongdoing by President Donald Trump regarding Ukraine — yet a Wednesday report reveals he received an early account of the allegations from a committee staffer who spoke to the so-called “whistleblower.”

The New York Times revealed the”whistleblower” — who the paper has said is a CIA officer — initially directed a colleague to discuss his allegations with the agency’s top lawyer. Shortly after, the Deep Stater contacted a House Intelligence panel aide to convey secondhand details of the Trump-Zelensky call in which the world leaders discussed U.S. military aid and the business dealings of Hunter Biden, the son of former Vice President and 2020 White House candidate Joe Biden. According to the Times, the staffer some of the officer’s concerns with Schiff but did not reveal his identity.

Benny
‏Verified account @bennyjohnson
2h2 hours ago

So let me get this straight:

• Schiff got a heads up from the Whistleblower before he filed his complaint
• Schiff sent a staffer to Ukraine on a trip paid for by a Think Tank funded by Burisma
• Schiff purposely misquoted the Ukraine Call before Congress

Noticing a pattern?

All this purportedly happened before the complaint was filed on August 12. However, in what appears to be a direct contradiction of the Times report, Schiff told MSNBC’s Morning Joe on September 17: “We have not spoken directly with the whistleblower.”

“We would like to,” he continued. “But I’m sure the whistleblower has concerns that he has not been advised, as the law requires, by the inspector general or the Director of National Intelligence just as to how he is to communicate with Congress.

In a statement, a spokesperson for Schiff attempted to downplay the Times’ revelations, saying it is common practice for whistleblowers to consult Congress as to how to proceed with a complaint.

“This is a regular occurrence, given the Committee’s unique oversight role and responsibilities. Consistent with the Committee’s longstanding procedures, Committee staff appropriately advised the whistleblower to contact an Inspector General and to seek legal counsel,” Patrick Boland, Schiff’s spokesman said. “[A]t no point did the Committee review or receive the complaint in advance… The Committee did not receive the complaint until the night before the Acting Director of National Intelligence’s open hearing before the Committee.”

Schiff’s own verified social media account seemingly confirmed the Times report Wednesday afternoon, writing that “staff” are supposed to give “guidance” to federal employees seeking to file complaints.

Later Wednesday, President Trump responded to the Times‘ report revealing Schiff had advanced knowledge of the so-called “whistleblower” complaint, saying it shows the California Democrat is a “fraud.”

“I think it’s a scandal that he knew before. I would go a step further: I think he probably helped write it,” said the president.

“That whistleblower, there’s no question in my mind that some bad things have gone on and I think we’ll get to the bottom of it,” he added.

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post