SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This is Hialeah!’ Taco Bell employee refuses to help client who doesn’t speak Spanish
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is Hialeah!’ Taco Bell employee refuses to help client who doesn’t speak Spanish Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Fast food workers- just about the lowest recognizable rung on society's ladder. If you're an adult and your job is to work the drive-thru at a fast food restaurant, you are a loser. You need to wake up and understand this, because everyone else knows it.

So, after you prevent someone from getting their food, you can go home to your miserable, shitty little apartment containing squawling babies.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Sounds to me as if the majority of the city needs to be forced to attend remedial English classes put on a boat back to Cuba.

Fixed it for you.

I DESPISE this part of south Florida. I have experienced this myself. Try to order food at ANY restaurant and this is how they treat English speakers. They act as if you are a muslim terrorist, just because you speak English, and not Spanish. Fuck them.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People tend to equate south Florida as Cuban,
that's no longer the case.Taday every Latin
American country known to man is represented, throw in a 100,00 Haitians and the melting pot
becomes a shit hole

When I lived there in the late 60's the Cuban
area of Miami and Hialeah were pleasant places
to visit and the food was exceptional. Over
time most spoke English

Posts: 152 | Location: west Florida | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Winner
posted Hide Post
Maybe this employee's last paycheck should've been in pesos (same # as dollars).

Posts: 132 | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many moons ago I worked at a meat retail market geared mostly toward hispanics as it was located about 45 minutes from the border. I look white although I have significant Oklahoma Cherokee in my family lineage.

The amount and ferocity of racism directed my way was unbelievable with some customers refusing flat out to let me serve them. Some made the mistake of assuming I didn't understand spanish. My goodness some of the things they would say.

The only people they outright hated more was the black community.

These days, when hispanics cry racism I just smile and walk away. I've experienced racism in its highest form practiced by their community.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

— at a Taco Bell drive thru window

First mistake there. Go eat at better establishments, hopefully with some healthier choices.
Any time someone posts a thread, regarding a video or incident at a fast food establishment, it makes me laugh. What do you expect from a place serving shit?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps not everyone lives so high and impressive a life, and lacks the station to look down on others from that vantage.

Don't fall.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Perhaps not everyone lives so high and impressive a life, and lacks the station to look down on others from that vantage.

Don't fall.

Meh, it’s not about being an aristocrat. Fast food meals are terrible for you, with shit ingredients, too many calories, too much sugar, and too much fat. The stuff will kill you. Obesity took over the #1 American killer from smoking years ago. And Para’s comments above about the workers in such “establishments” should ring like a bell, no pun intended.

I rarely eat out of my kitchen. Eating out is costly and even restaurant meals are too calorie dense. Compare fast food to water. Fast food would be like drinking dirty lake water.

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Prefontane your two posts above mine are classic thread miscreance, IMO

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9158 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

And it completely misses the point. Do you think this shit is going on only at Taco Bell or other fast food joints? It sounds like a widespread, pervasive problem.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
They are Cubans. They've been there for a long time, you aren't going to get them deported. Most of them were born here.

Every single Cuban I've ever met speaks English. In fact most/all love this country and try to assimilate. Maybe FL is different?

My experience when I lived in Miami in mid to late '60's. Those who I worked with or for were in the first wave of professionals who fled Castro for a better life.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

And it completely misses the point. Do you think this shit is going on only at Taco Bell or other fast food joints? It sounds like a widespread, pervasive problem.

You get what you pay for.

Go to Chick-Fil-A instead. Everyone raves about their customer service. Must be good as the one by me has a line around the building everyday.

Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Hialeah. This is the first thing that I saw on the news this morning.

https://www.local10.com/news/w...n-hialeah-police-say

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
After the crack down on the cocaine trade on the 80's Hialeah has returned to being a cess pool of immigrants that have no desire to integrate into the American fabric.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Taco Bell Corp. told el Nuevo Herald that “this does not meet our customer service expectations.”
“We have worked quickly to resolve with the customer to ensure this doesn’t happen again,” a spokesperson said.
In an update Montgomery made hours later, she added that “Luisa,” as the Taco Bell employee identified herself, had been fired and that it was not even her real name.
In a later statement, Taco Bell confirmed: “This individual no longer works for the brand.”

If Taco Bell (parent company PepsiCo) gets enough complaints, it could potentially result in termination of the franchise. Then everybody would lose their jobs. Is that the hill the franchise owner wants to die on?

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Yep. They all speak and understand english. This reminds me of an old joke I heard and actually used during work.
We were looking for someone and got to a group and tried talking to them. All stated no habla english. After a few minutes I said to my partner screw this shit, let’s just shoot the one in red shoes. They all looked down to see who was wearing red shoes.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Perfect.

But to put this story in perspective, just move it around.

Imagine you take a trip to Italy, and practice your Italian. You happen by a local shop and try to order food in Italian and they yell at you that no food is available unless you speak... ( random refugee language..) Persian!

I know it was a local girl in that video, but seriously.

I go all around the world and can order beers in at least seven languages, but English is the language that greases all skids around the world. I’ve been in a bar in Tokyo with a Dutch guy, a Chinese guy and a Brazilian guy and we were all hooting it up in English.

To not get food in the US using English - nope. Unacceptable. Shortsighted and unacceptable.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:

English is the language that greases all skids around the world. I’ve been in a bar in Tokyo with a Dutch guy, a Chinese guy and a Brazilian guy and we were all hooting it up in English.
I worked in Barcelona for a year and a half, in a transfer of technology role. My co-workers were Spanish engineers, all of whom were multi-lingual.

The factory shut down for three weeks in August for vacation. My Spanish friends asked what my wife and I were going to do, they suggested that we go to Greece. They said it was beautiful and very affordable.

I reminded them that I was struggling to learn Spanish, I was not multi-lingual, as they were, and I asked how I would communicate in Greece.

The Spaniards replied, "Do as we do when we go to Greece. Speak English."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Nuke Hialeah from space. It s the only way.
It s a start.

Edited to add: Use tac nukes. The land belongs to America.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Down boy

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post