SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    airstrikes in Syria
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

airstrikes in Syria Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
You think it's time? Something's going down.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
You think it's time? Something's going down.
Probably good to have a link.

Snippet from Haaretz (behind paywall):

quote:

Israel Struck Iranian Missiles Near Damascus to Thwart Imminent Attack From Syria, Reports Say

Israel opens shelters, braces for imminent Iranian attack ■ Syria TV: Air defenses down Israeli missiles ■ Israel military calls up some reserves
Yaniv Kubovich and Amir Tibon May 08, 2018 11:22 PM
Syria said Israel carried out an attack on a military base south of Damascus on Tuesday, which was used by Iranian forces. According to reports, Israeli fighter jets entered Syrian airspace and struck Iranian...

LINK

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RT's as good as our MSM:
quote:
Israeli military on' high alert', reservists and bomb shelters primed over Iran activity in Syria

https://www.rt.com/news/426190...ilitary-alert-syria/

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this explains the unusual number of heavy lift aircraft departing Davis Monthan last week heading east

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Israel hit more than 50 targets inside Syria overnight.

Most of the Iranian infrastructure was destroyed.

Biggest operation in decades.

It is not over.

Pray for the home team advantage.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Debka has a short article up detailing Iran continuing to ship missiles into Syria, apparently these deliveries are some of what Israel is after.

I'm rooting for the home team on this one, as well.

https://www.debka.com/constant...uding-new-fateh-313/

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
'28 planes, 60 missiles, 23 killed'

http://www.israelnationalnews....ews/News.aspx/245747

posted Hide Post
I waneder if the Iranians have realized just how much they screwed up yet?

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
He also said the audacious Mossad raid, “proves what they think of Jews – that they are the smartest people on earth and can do anything.”

That's what happens when the World shits on you for thousands of years. Improvise Adapt Overcome.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
I waneder if the Iranians have realized just how much they screwed up yet?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, surely we’ll get the best of Israel by firing a bunch of rockets at them. Right? Dumbass Iranians are ruining Pavlov’s research.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Glad that now the real leaders are in charge:

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2084 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
Bibi served in the elite unit, Sayeret Matkal

As did Bibi's brother, Yonatan, who commanded Matkal during the famous Raid on Entebbe and was killed in action during that operation.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting Isreal responded 10 fold instead of the tit for tat they do with hamas and hezbollah.

Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Israel is only the size of NJ, pretty small. But they use the Trump philosophy, hit me once, I’ll hit you back 10 times harder, which is why he probably gets along with BiBi so well.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Iran's also active for the first time from a country directly on Israel's border and a lot further from its sources of supplies and replacements than either Hamas (which has problems of its own in Gaza) or Hezbollah. I think the Israelis can make a case for a fairly substantial response.

BTW, has anyone been noticing that Netanyahu and Putin have been buddying up lately? With Assad still busy trying to hold on to Syria, I have a feeling that Iran may be on its own right now unless Hezbollah is willing and able to take Lebanon into a war with Israel.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Check out @IDFSpokesperson’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/IDFSpokesp...625305007607813?s=09

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Check out @IDFSpokesperson’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/IDFSpokesp...625305007607813?s=09

Doesn't that look like an old TV guided version of the Maverick from the early 70s?? Lol

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:

Doesn't that look like an old TV guided version of the Maverick from the early 70s?? Lol

Might be old, but it wins the cookie, right? Even if it didn't explode, it would put a mighty big dent in whatever it hit.

tac

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Never try to catch a dropped firearm and never, ever, run back for your lunch...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post