SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    airstrikes in Syria
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

airstrikes in Syria Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
DoD says three targets were hit.

A development lab for sarin (near Damascus)

Two storage facilities of chem wpns (near Homs)

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Do you think Kim Jong-Un in N. Korea is paying attention? Hell yeah he is. This action goes way beyond more than Syria. Russia, China, Iran are all paying close attention. So are our allies. This is a message to the whole world that we are back.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Question:
Wouldn't it be cheaper, less risky and more efficient to kill Bashar? He is the problem, right?

Oddly enough, we have some rules/laws about assassinating a head of state

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
What gives us the right? Are you serious? How about the right of a human being to be born and live their life in peace? Anywhere in the world?

I personally don't read too much into this. Syria is a known user of chemical weapons. Both sides. They got spanked.

A selective response. Russia will cry, we will counter cry. A well deserved hit. And a warning that the US will not sit idly by.

The second cold war is upon us.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
quote:
What gives us the right to attack a sovereign nation that hasn’t attacked us or one of our allies?

I ask you why is the Syrian government attacking its own people ? Abraham Lincoln quote "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." God Bless Smile

It’s not our neighborhood and poses no threat to us. Can you say with 100% certainty that the Syrian government was responsible for the gas attack?

Mattis says that he is 100% certain.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

And I for one will defer to him.

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
What gives us the right to attack a sovereign nation that hasn’t attacked us or one of our allies?

I ask you why is the Syrian government attacking its own people ? Abraham Lincoln quote "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." God Bless Smile

It’s not our neighborhood and poses no threat to us. Can you say with 100% certainty that the Syrian government was responsible for the gas attack?

I feel like we’ve heard that before...

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Fox reporting U.S. Navy ships and B-1 bombers both participated

Hopefully all got out of there safely.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Democrats are going to have a serious case of diarrhea of the mouth all weekend.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Democrats are going to have a serious case of diarrhea of the mouth all weekend.

It was their messiah that laid down the red line.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

It was their messiah that laid down the red line.

That he ignored!!

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
On a strategic level it was a brilliant move. It hemmed up the Russians to really object. Under the guise of a chemical weapons attack we really cannot be dismissed. We got a "freebee" to go after Syrian sites and hurt the Russians.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Mattis said chlorine was used in the recent chem attack. Sarin nerve agent has not been ruled out as a possible addition.

Mattis also said there were "no reports of losses" on U.S. and allies.

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Mattis also said there were "no reports of losses" on U.S. and allies.

Smile I love this guy Smile

Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:

And I for one will defer to him.

FWIW.......I heard GEN Mattis started talking and reporters showed up out of fear.

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

We cannot allow ANYBODY to use chemical weapons. Period.

These thugs need to know that their use will not be tolerated.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21846 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
There is nothing wrong with attacking known chemical weapons sights. Wether they were involved in the last attack or not. If they were, good. If they were not it is a good excuse to pummel the sites we know about.

Trump WILL NOT send troops into Syria. Gen. Mattis will not let him. I have faith in Gen. Mattis.

Troops are already in Syria

Posts: 3291 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
It's apparently a three year old video from Ukraine.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigolicious:
FWIW.......I heard GEN Mattis started talking and reporters showed up out of fear.

Lol, full disclosure, the first time I served under Gen Mattis was way back in the late 90's when he was a Col with the 7th Marine Regiment out in 29 Palms. Next time I was under him was when he was the Commander of the 1st Mar Div. in the 2000's.

Until the day I die I will defer to his combat brain. He does NOT risk Marine lives. Or American lives. He is the closest American we have to Gen. Patton that has ever lived.

His mission is Country, and then his Marines. I am proud to know him, to have served under him, and to know that he is still serving our Country.

If he says it's right, I am good with that.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
It's apparently a three year old video from Ukraine.

Yup...deleted it.

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post