SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Samsung Note9 users, or Galaxy S9+?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Samsung Note9 users, or Galaxy S9+? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I swapped my Note 4 for a S9+. Wish I had not done so. See my post in the "what's your eal" section

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would get the Note. I bought the Note 9 and gave my old Note 8 to my wife because she needed a new phone. I will never own anything but a Note, I love everything about them. The 9 seems slightly better with the battery than the 8 but that is the biggest difference I have noticed. Maybe get an 8 and save a couple hundred bucks?

Oh and definitely buy direct from Samsung. This phone is so much better without all of that Verizon crap on it.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Are these Samsung phones going to be compatible with the upcoming 5G networks? My 7Edge has been a stellar performer and there's nothing really wrong with its hardware after 2 1/2 years, but I'm getting tired of the choke points with 4G LTE speed, or more so the lack of speed and connectivity.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I went from a Note 2 to a Note 8, and I am extremely disappointed. Apps aren't as much faster as I expected, and Samsung's apps are extremely buggy. Rudimenatary bugs, like turning off the audible notifications for new email - doesn't work. Introduced in one of their forced updates and still not yet fixed. In a phone I paid over $700 bucks for.

I have 4 Samsung devices in our household, and this is the one that will push me to another platform.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Are these Samsung phones going to be compatible with the upcoming 5G networks? My 7Edge has been a stellar performer and there's nothing really wrong with its hardware after 2 1/2 years, but I'm getting tired of the choke points with 4G LTE speed, or more so the lack of speed and connectivity.
Likely not. Phones that will be compatible with 5G will have to have a different communication chip set in them, and that chip set isn't being installed in currently available phones yet.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post