SIGforum
Any Samsung Note9 users, or Galaxy S9+?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3650056744

September 29, 2018, 10:22 PM
NK402
Any Samsung Note9 users, or Galaxy S9+?
I swapped my Note 4 for a S9+. Wish I had not done so. See my post in the "what's your eal" section
September 30, 2018, 09:32 AM
AirmanJeff
I would get the Note. I bought the Note 9 and gave my old Note 8 to my wife because she needed a new phone. I will never own anything but a Note, I love everything about them. The 9 seems slightly better with the battery than the 8 but that is the biggest difference I have noticed. Maybe get an 8 and save a couple hundred bucks?

Oh and definitely buy direct from Samsung. This phone is so much better without all of that Verizon crap on it.
September 30, 2018, 09:47 AM
soggy_spinout
Are these Samsung phones going to be compatible with the upcoming 5G networks? My 7Edge has been a stellar performer and there's nothing really wrong with its hardware after 2 1/2 years, but I'm getting tired of the choke points with 4G LTE speed, or more so the lack of speed and connectivity.
September 30, 2018, 10:25 AM
AUTiger89
I went from a Note 2 to a Note 8, and I am extremely disappointed. Apps aren't as much faster as I expected, and Samsung's apps are extremely buggy. Rudimenatary bugs, like turning off the audible notifications for new email - doesn't work. Introduced in one of their forced updates and still not yet fixed. In a phone I paid over $700 bucks for.

I have 4 Samsung devices in our household, and this is the one that will push me to another platform.

Phone's ringing, Dude.
September 30, 2018, 04:22 PM
bigdeal
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Are these Samsung phones going to be compatible with the upcoming 5G networks? My 7Edge has been a stellar performer and there's nothing really wrong with its hardware after 2 1/2 years, but I'm getting tired of the choke points with 4G LTE speed, or more so the lack of speed and connectivity.
Likely not. Phones that will be compatible with 5G will have to have a different communication chip set in them, and that chip set isn't being installed in currently available phones yet.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter