SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Plane carrying UPS parcels crashes in Jerkwater
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Plane carrying UPS parcels crashes in Jerkwater Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted
The exciting news at the greasy spoon this morning:

http://www.newswest9.com/story...ne-crashes-in-alpine

Fortunately the pilot walked away, and from what I could see of the wreck, no property aside from the aircraft was damaged. The pilot narrowly missed a farm tractor and a mobile home.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Were any livestock injured, or unduly frightened?

Posts: 107595 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
None have yet been reported, but details are sketchy at this point.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Several cows complained of being shook up by the event, and were sedated. Of course once sedated, they were immediately processed into delicious dinner items. Razz

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Uh, arfmel, about those moon clips and the check that I sent you, via UPS, there might be a small problem.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Several cows complained of being shook up by the event, and were sedated. Of course once sedated, they were immediately processed into delicious dinner items. Razz

The pasture, next year, will be exceptionally green.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
It's for the best. They would have had a long recovery.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107595 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
That isn't gonna buff out...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure my inheritance from Nigeria was on that plane. Mad

Posts: 8957 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
"Jerkwater," got something against rural America?

Met a few people from Alpine and Sul Ross State. Liked 'em.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those not familiar with Alpine here is a link to some photos. Have been to Big Bend National Park. Rode across the Rio Grande to Mexico with the chickens for a quarter. Bouquillos looks like a village from the Good Bad and the Ugly. Link below;
http://phantomprod.com/Alpine1.html

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
"Jerkwater," got something against rural America?

Met a few people from Alpine and Sul Ross State. Liked 'em.

What's with the confrontational tone? I live and work here by choice. It is scenic and uncrowded, which is a large part of its charm. It's a jerkwater town, though. That comes with being uncrowded and geographically isolated.

It seems like there are a lot of folks ready to jump on each other's necks lately. Must be the heat.

Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Before the rescue mission was called off, they had recovered 125 bodies from a nearby cemetery.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Uh, arfmel, about those moon clips and the check that I sent you, via UPS, there might be a small problem.

The plane was leaving here when it crashed. I am confident that the aforementioned items will soon be delivered by an elite, uniformed member of the local UPS squad. Wink