SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A word of advice to you young guys
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A word of advice to you young guys Login/Join 
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
"Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance."

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
That's awesome!

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Is that a Mulligan, or strokes added?

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Anybody else think the old guy with the hat, who clobbered Little Johnny's toy, looks a whole lot like this guy? Maybe brothers? Wink

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U5O0Wc4-rVU" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I love the part where the punk says, "Next time I'll f**k you up!"

Ha, if he hasn't learned anything from this the next time the old dude just might plant him in the ground!

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
I hope he didn't have to count those extra strokes.

I think millenial asshattery might qualify as a 'rub of the green', so no extra strokes. Just put the ball back where it was like it never happened:
quote:
If a player’s ball in motion after a stroke on the putting green is deflected or stopped by, or comes to rest in or on, any moving or animate outside agency, except a worm, insect or the like, the stroke is canceled. The ball must be replaced and replayed. If the ball is not immediately recoverable, another ball may be substituted.

Kid is lucky his toy didn't get damaged worse than it was. I think the oldsters should have taken a Mulligan and gotten another go! Smile

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Second golfer to first, picking up broken RC toy: "You play a Slazenger 1, don't you?"

"We are playing strict rules, so I'm afraid you lose the hole and the match. "

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"... but, you get to keep the trophy."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
"Fight me if you wish
But I am old for a reason."

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Second golfer to first, picking up broken RC toy: "You play a Slazenger 1, don't you?"

"We are playing strict rules, so I'm afraid you lose the hole and the match. "

Did he throw his hat at them?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carpentermaass84:
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
I don't think that video could have possibly been more staged

Are you calling Para an idiot?

Are you trying to start a fight?

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Barker was trained by Chuck Norris (seriously).

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:
quote:

Wait... wait... who is the oldest? Big Grin

Honestly, that didn't surprise me at all. Don't screw around on a golf course or a serious player will set you straight. I'm pretty sure the ranger would have taken that toy and smashed it right in front of them if he'd caught them, then had them charged with trespassing having not paid a greens fee to be out there.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
It would have been worth the extra strokes on that hole for him to have whacked it a couple more times, but it sure looks like he made a "hole in one" regardless. Big Grin

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
It would have been worth the extra strokes on that hole for him to have whacked it a couple more times, but it sure looks like he made a "hole in one" regardless. Big Grin

"Ranger... I need a ruling on the strokes taken here on this green... Yes, on that pile of plastic right there.... Who?.... those guys running down the far fairway...."

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Too bad it didn't happen on the tee box - Then they would have been using drivers, or woods. Not to take away from this - it was great. But it would have doubled the fun watching a nice Big Bertha put that little shit's little toy into the next fairway!

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:
quote:

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
The fact that the kid was upset - indignant that the golfer would destroy his little electronic toy speaks volumes. He obviously didn't get enough spankings when he was a young boy.
Willing to bet he didn't get ANY.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Anybody else think the old guy with the hat, who clobbered Little Johnny's toy, looks a whole lot like this guy? Maybe brothers? Wink

I like the toilet commentary on this video from David Spates. He has some good wisdom.

"Old people got old men strength."
"They don't care. They've got maybe 2-3 years to live."

Classic.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I turned 59 recently. I find myself giving less of a shit than I used to.

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post