SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Explain the meme thread
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 36

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Explain the meme thread Login/Join 
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

Stumped....

Cool Big Grin

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Report This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
I'm stuck on the text conversation IPA/white people one.

You can quote the pic itself in here, you know. I have no idea which one you mean. There are a bunch of text and tweet ones.

Good point

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Report This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'm stuck on the text conversation IPA/white people one.

You can quote the pic itself in here, you know. I have no idea which one you mean. There are a bunch of text and tweet ones.
It's basically a "Beta Male" or even "Charlie Male" starter pack of all the necessities to become that guy. It includes trendy duds and possessions, books on how to do stuff, and the texts are indicative of A) Following the overdone trend of drinking nothing but IPA beer (sorry guys), and B) being being empathetic to all minorities while still being a white dude.

Good point

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Report This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
ah that. beta male/hipster/metrosexual sadness.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Report This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I don't understand what BART has to do with beta males, unless it just refers to the fact that the Bay Area is cuck central.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I don't understand what BART has to do with beta males, unless it just refers to the fact that the Bay Area is cuck central.

that

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
quote:

Stumped....

Cool Big Grin

Color me stumped, too.

Bruce

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Report This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
Stumped....

Cool Big Grin

Color me stumped, too.

Just as it says, it requires no explanation...it is exactly what you see

The contrast of beauty in the middle of war

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Report This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:

Just as it says, requires no explanation... is exactly what you see

Wink

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Report This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Wink

Wink

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Report This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Wink

Yeah....

I was being a smart ass. Smile

Sometimes it's okay not to get the meme/joke. Sometimes it's okay for the meme/joke to be funny to no one but you. Sometimes the meme/joke builds on/from another post in the thread or on the forum.

I figure you posted the meme with just the slightest bit of aggravation. It was funny to me to poke fun by playing the straight man who didn't "get it." My emoticons were probably wrong. Lol. Big Grin

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
We really need the facepalm emoticon back. I have saved a copy of it on my other computer so I can invoke it when I want it, though. (I'm on my laptop and it's not on here.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
We really need the facepalm emoticon back. ....
flashguy

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
ah that. beta male/hipster/metrosexual sadness.

The hipster/ metro are too scared to confront the beta males (and pee themselves at the mere thought of an alpha).

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Guess I don't understand how some of the items in the fragile designer pic fall into that category.

Chukka boots - So, what? I know plenty of type A folks that wear them.

Get shit done! Sounds good to me.

Work hard and be nice to people. See above.

Button up shirts and buying glasses online?

Journaling - what's wrong with that?

Confused

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Journaling - what's wrong with that?

And especially as that “Field Notes” book is probably intended for use by people like geologists and surveyors to … well, take notes in the field, and not for sitting around musing about whether Ghiradelli hot chocolate mix is better in the small packets or in bulk.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:

lol. I think the "old and busted" chick should be representing something other than STD since that show sucks so much it shouldn't even be considered on par with TNG.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Report This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Guess I don't understand how some of the items in the fragile designer pic fall into that category.

Chukka boots - So, what? I know plenty of type A folks that wear them. Yeah, but they are probably solid, a bit worn, didn't cost $500, and aren't worn with skinny or rolled up jeans.

Get shit done! Sounds good to me. Yeah, but type A's don't really need a book to get them in the mindset to Get Shit Done.

Work hard and be nice to people. See above. See above but replace "book" with "sign".

Button up shirts and buying glasses online? It's part of the designer "uniform"

Journaling - what's wrong with that? What sigfreund said.

Confused

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

lol. I think the "old and busted" chick should be representing something other than STD since that show sucks so much it shouldn't even be considered on par with TNG.
I've seen that one in several iterations and I did not understand any of them. I figure it is a scene from a show I never watched (and probably don't miss).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
quote:

I've seen that one in several iterations and I did not understand any of them. I figure it is a scene from a show I never watched (and probably don't miss).

flashguy

It's always about a person or group having their "head turned" by some new thing, and the previous obsession being pissed about it.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post