SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A Plasma-based "Light Sabre"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Plasma-based "Light Sabre" Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
Too cool.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
That...is really cool!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
They built something super cool... but I also think the claim is kind of silly.

They built a super awesome handle and backpack, and did a great job syncing electronic sound effects with the operation and movement of the "blade."

The "blade" itself, however, is literally just the flame of an off-the-shelf propane glassblowing torch.

You can see the creator discussing and showing off the glassblowing torch here:

https://youtu.be/xC6J4T_hUKg?t=547

So, they didn't make the "blade projector" of their "lightsaber," and the "blade" of their lightsaber is fire, not light. I don't think it actually counts as a lightsaber, and if it does, I think the people who make the glass blowing torch should get the award.

I know, I know, I'm a pedantic party pooper.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
It’s funny how every kid ever growing up wanted a light saber, yet even as a kid I thought to myself “they would have to call me Matt because I’d lose my limbs playing with it so fast it would boggle the mind.”

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Super cool Cool ...but jib jab as it was posted a couple months ago.

World's First Retractable 'Plasma' Lightsaber

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post