SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Computer bag recommendation? Shoulder / sling type
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Computer bag recommendation? Shoulder / sling type Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I usually travel with a backpack and then a shoulder bag for notebook.

I recently upgraded my computer and it just barely fits in my bag and is cumbersome to take in/out.

I have a T470 with a 14" screen. Need to carry headset (for conference calls), power supply, mouse, notepad, pens and a few small misc items. Not a lot but then I can't use a sleeve either.

I'm looking for a trim shoulder / sling bag just big enough to fit the items (I don't like the bag to be oversized). Good quality / materials and construction but doesn't break the bank (<< $100 preferred). Discreet (black or non-attention drawing).

Shoulder or sling style - not backpack (because I'm wearing one already) and not messenger type (with the fold over sleeve - want direct access to the zipper and compartments).

Any recommendations? Water proof material preferred.

I have an LBT/LBX bag and the size is okay but it has no compartments -- it's just a shell (you're supposed to be internal mesh pouches).

I'm considering a Patagonia Atom sling bag but not sure stuff will fit.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I think the Vertx EDC Transit Sling would fit your needs.

Unfortunately all the videos I'm seeing on youtube feature Tacleberries, but going by the deminsions of your laptop I found online it should fit in the laptop/tablet area.

Posts: 11166 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have a Land's End computer backpack that's not too big. Don't know if they still make the same style, I have had it for many years. Works very well.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I’ll check the Lands End. Vertx looks almost perfect.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Swissgear makes some good bags.

https://www.swissgear.com/back...nics_compartment=348

Mine fits under the seat, even on RJs.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as your headset folds up into a smaller size, this might work - it is what I've been using.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/s...4052.p?skuId=9134052

Posts: 2773 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I still use a North Face backpack. The model is called Surge

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I have a Timbuk2 Command messenger bag that has been excellent for business travel. Not too large, but lots of organizer pockets, and it sounds like it would fit your needs perfectly. They come in small, medium, and large. Mine is a size medium which holds a 15" laptop with ease.

https://www.amazon.com/Timbuk2...s=timbuk2&th=1&psc=1

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out ThinkTank. They are primarily photo stuff but carry a line of really good laptop bags. They are under the accessories tab, laptops and look for the Artificial Intelligence bags . I have a My Second Brain bag for my MacBook and love how it it laid out for storing all the things needed for day to day usage.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Good suggestions.

Think Tank bags look interesting. I like the sleekness - it's what I'm looking for. Need to confirm it fits all I need.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
I have a Timbuk2 Command messenger bag that has been excellent for business travel. Not too large, but lots of organizer pockets, and it sounds like it would fit your needs perfectly. They come in small, medium, and large. Mine is a size medium which holds a 15" laptop with ease.

https://www.amazon.com/Timbuk2...s=timbuk2&th=1&psc=1

I use a Timbuk2 as well. While a messenger, computer is directly accessed via zipper, so quick in. It unzips and lays flat for TSA scans. The bigger inner space is great for all the extras one may have, like cables, toolkits, usb->serial adapters for old network gear, etc. So not perfectly to spec, it covers the desired bases. And quite tough.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Good to know - i'll look at that again.

posted Hide Post
Check out voodoo tactical. Laptop magazines and pistol and bunch of extra compartments for extra stuff.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
do NOT buy Heys-USA!
They do not hold up...
The best bag they ever made is discontinued, But this is similar:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolli...p2055119.m1438.l2649

Side pocket for laptop removal without disturbing the rest of you contents...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: downtownv,

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
My son got me a nutsac for Christmas, it's a nicely made bag.

Posts: 3455 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Vertx Sling Bag carries my laptop nicely. Designed of off body concealed carry too.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post