SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Super Bowl Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Super Bowl Thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
I'm a Bay Area guy (Raider fan) and the Niners just kept on winning this year.

I can't root for KC so... GO 49ers!!!

Same boat. I will reluctantly root for SF but if I were betting it would be on KC.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Jennifer Lopez and Shakira are the half time show. WTF?

Petty is dead, the Stones and The Who are old as shit. But still, there's got to be a rock band out there that appeals to the football demographic.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Hey, since they broadcast the game in Spanish, maybe they can broadcast the halftime show in English.

My wife's fourth team is the 49ers, but it's been a long time since KC made it to the Super Bowl, so I'm pulling for them.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Chiefs fan since they came to KC. Got so tired of never going to the Super Bowl I lowered my expectations to a home AFC championship game. Then we got two in a row of them.

The unsung heroes of KC is the O line. They enabled a ground control offense during the third quarter that won today's game.

I think we have several players that seem to be unable to be guarded consistently and can be counted on to get open. Kelce, Hill, Watkins and Hardman. Anderson was amazing today. Our defense has improved so much since the middle of the season. Our coaches are doing their jobs well. Mahomes is making very few mistakes. I don't think he's thrown an interception in the last two weeks. I think there were no turnovers in today's game.

I haven't studied matchups with SF carefully, but I know they are a very formidable team. It will take an amazing and mistake limited game to beat them.

Posts: 7455 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gotta love them Chiefs! Actually I'm a Bronco fan but I love MO. Nicest people on the planet.

Posts: 7551 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
Jennifer Lopez and Shakira are the half time show. WTF?

Petty is dead, the Stones and The Who are old as shit. But still, there's got to be a rock band out there that appeals to the football demographic.

They aren't playing a halftime show for the ones watching the game, they play the halftime show for the other demographic (the ones watching just for the commercials, or attending the Superbowl Party for the food).
I don't think I've watched a full halftime show in my life. I watch for the game, and use halftime to stretch my legs, refill the snack containers, etc.

All that said, I'm excited for this game. The Niners are a true complete game, and able to adapt to what's working and what's not. I think KC is a bit too reliant on their offence, and expect SF to stifle that a bit.

I've been a Niners fan since growing up watching Montana, Rice, Young... it's nice to see them back on top.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Go KC, win one for fly over country!!

HK Ag
A Texans Fan

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
I'm a long suffering Cincinnati Bengals fan, so I hate SF for ruining our two trips to the SB. I also adopted the Chiefs as my second team when I was stationed at Ft Leonard Wood. The Rams weren't in St Louis yet, and the cable tv options were limited, so the Chiefs were who I watched on Sundays.

Needless to say, I will be watching and rooting for K.C. Mahomes is certainly entertaining to watch.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Chiefs fan since '65! They were amazing during the last two games.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
The Royals get a world series win every 30 years. Maybe the Chiefs get a Super Bowl win every 50?

It will be interesting to see what a win would do to this town. It went nuts after the Royals world series win. KC is more a football town. Things could get crazy.

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Rogers made some dents in the SF D second half, maybe their edge was off with the big lead. More speed and weapons for KC's O, hoping Mahomes has a big game. Pulling for KC all the way.

Mahomes got me back to watching the NFL last year, I don't think I'm alone there. The league has to know he pulled their fat out of the fire. He is a big deal, a really, really big deal.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
Gotta love them Chiefs! Actually I'm a Bronco fan but I love MO. Nicest people on the planet.

Born and raised in MO, and have been living part time in Wisconsin for a couple of years. Nice people in Wisconsin, but not as willing to strike up a conversation with strangers as folks in Missouri. I think you are right, Missourians could be the friendliest people on the planet.

Posts: 7455 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rappa
posted Hide Post
Happy to see Lynch succeed as a GM the way he succeeded as a Safety! Go Bucs!

Posts: 268 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: December 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
50 years since KC was in the super bowl is a long time. I gotta cheer for KC! Disappointed the Titans couldn't pull it off.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
49ers are an all around better team, but Andy Reid is a more experienced coach. I think it will be an excellent game for sure so long as we don't have to see Mahomes' girlfriend screaming on the sideline or in some luxury suite.

I should probably root for the AFC representative but between Mahomes' cockiness, annoying girlfriend, douchey brother, and douchey Chiefs fans that I have encountered, I say - go '9ers!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
I don't necessarily have a favorite NFL team, but I have to admit that I'm glad to see the Patriots watching from home. I'll be pulling for KC.

Posts: 741 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Lynch has done a masterful build at SF. My money will be on the 49’rs although I do not like them. But the biggest reason the Chiefs won’t win is because Andy Reid can’t win the big one.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
This Super Bowl is two teams I don’t care about but I hope Jimmy G can pull it off. Why? Jimmy G winning the SB will remind Kraft and BB what they lost. Yeah yeah yeah. I know about the cap but I also know Brady isn’t going to play forever

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rooting for the Niners. I haven't watched many KC games, but Mahome's ability to create outside of the pocket is scary. He seems pretty good at finding his second, third and fourth options. And if that fails, he runs. Crap!

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Niner Faithful since '78, this team has wiped away the stench of the Harbaugh/Kaepernick era; zero talk of those times the last several years. The York's have learned how to be good NFL owners (took them 20-years) and the Shanahan/Lynch duo has constructed a very resilient and fundamentally sound framework for years to come. The former player-alumni are a big part of the team, ownership recognizes the Faithful and its very refreshing to see the return to the historically classy organization.

The Chiefs are a great story, Lamar Hunt is one of the foundational pillars of the NFL, it's good to see an old school team return to prominence. This should be a good game, however I predicts a relatively low-scoring match as both sides will be straining to limit any mistakes.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post