SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Peloton bike users on the board? (Update page 3)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Peloton bike users on the board? (Update page 3) Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Good news on the app. I guess for the 30 day trial not loosing anything.
I’d love to be able to afford a Peleton but the bike price is stout and $40 a month yikes.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25317 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Protect Your Nuts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I’d love to be able to afford a Peleton but the bike price is stout and $40 a month yikes.

Yeah, if not for the tax return I don’t know that I would have pulled the trigger. With hindsight I’m glad I did, we cancelled cable after we realized we weren’t really watching it and the kids just Netflix, so that ended up being a wash on the subscription. The tread actually required some concerted effort to save for and we ended up doing a local vacation last year to offset. I will say that compared to all the crap I’ve wasted money on over the years these things were worth it to me. I get more use out of them than most things I own and my body seems to have stopped falling apart (at least for now), lol. I’m not saying the equipment is the answer, but at least for me the regular effort and desire/like to actually do it has made a positive impact on my day-day health/fitness. However someone can get that desire to do it, get it is all I’m trying to say.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"deserves" ain't got nothin to do with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 2695 | Location: VA, mostly | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the Peloton site:

quote:
It all comes with a boutique-fitness-class price tag, with the bike alone costing $2,245 including delivery (minus tax), plus a $39-per-month membership fee for the streaming content and iOS app, obligatory for the first year.

Yikes...

Site claims 150,000 units sold. How many will become a clothing rack in 6 months is open for question.

I think I'll keep my indoor Trek or spin at the SNAP 24/7 fitness center across the street.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whisp:
quote:

Yeah, if not for the tax return I don’t know that I would have pulled the trigger. With hindsight I’m glad I did, we cancelled cable after we realized we weren’t really watching it and the kids just Netflix, so that ended up being a wash on the subscription. The tread actually required some concerted effort to save for and we ended up doing a local vacation last year to offset. I will say that compared to all the crap I’ve wasted money on over the years these things were worth it to me. I get more use out of them than most things I own and my body seems to have stopped falling apart (at least for now), lol. I’m not saying the equipment is the answer, but at least for me the regular effort and desire/like to actually do it has made a positive impact on my day-day health/fitness. However someone can get that desire to do it, get it is all I’m trying to say.

Proper equipment makes all the difference in the world. I am a huge WaterRower fan and spent quite a bit more on one than the Concept rower because I actually enjoy to get on the WaterRower.
Back before kids I was at the gym 5 days a week and in peak shape.
Kids came along and that backed way off.
I am starting to feel it so adding to the home gym so I can just do something after the kids get to bed.
Good equipment and good videos help me stat focused and mix things up.
I still hate running on a treadmill.

————————————————

Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that loves it, but he is not a typical user. It is all on what you want. But if it works for you, than worry about the price later.

My friend is an 8 time IronMan finisher, multiple Boston Marathon finisher (I forget the exact number), and has finished over 100 marathons.

In 2015 while scuba diving in Aruba, he suffered a heart attack. They had to do immediate surgery there, which did not go as planned. He was life flighted to the US, and in an attempt to correct the procedure, he suffered a brain stem stroke, and entered a condtion called Locked In Syndrome. He was in a coma for 4 months, and once he came out he was basically paralyzed with the exception of eye movement. His wife was told he would never come out of Locked In Sydrome, and was asked her twice by his doctors to consider pulling the plug.

Fast forward to today, he is walking, working, biking on a Pelaton, and swimming. He actually taught my son how to be a more competent swimmer. He can run on a treadmill, but has to use a device that holds him upright, as his equilibrium is not quite there. A buddy and I have done three 5k "walks" with him. The first year he had to use a velopod, basically a baby stroller kind of walker to help his mobility. The next year he did it with the aid of his service dog, a full grown Great Dane. Last year he did it on his own, we just had to assist him.

But he swears by his Peloton. And still posts some serious numbers using it. Again, it is all what you want. But just going by his transformation, from a comatose state, to being able to ride again, I wouldn't hesitate to promote a Peloton on his accord.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here’s another point. Watch for sales. Over Christmas they offered delivery, a pair of shoes, heart rate monitor, and earbuds for free. Still expensive but I needed the shoes anyway because they don’t use spd clips like every other shoe I have. Also, they give you 3 years interest free financing. I usually hate loans but this is a good deal. It came out to 62 dollars a month plus 40 for the subscription. Guess what? That’s cheaper than what my wife spent monthly on a spin gym membership, roughly 120. That was without me. Lol

If you like spinning this is a good quality product. It also lets you chrome cast to your tv and you can do workouts and yoga.

It is not a scam. It’s 100 bucks a month until you pay off the bike. Then it’s 40. If you don’t spin this isn’t for you.

Another point. The peloton gives you numbers as you go. My favorite is the tension number. In spin class you are kind of guesstimating your resistance. Which is fine but it is more enjoyable to be in the proper range. On your own it is easier to climbing a small hill while the instructor is sprinting. LolNot a huge deal but I like that feature.

Posts: 7324 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Here’s another point. Watch for sales. Over Christmas they offered delivery, a pair of shoes, heart rate monitor, and earbuds for free. Still expensive but I needed the shoes anyway because they don’t use spd clips like every other shoe I have. Also, they give you 3 years interest free financing. I usually hate loans but this is a good deal. It came out to 62 dollars a month plus 40 for the subscription. Guess what? That’s cheaper than what my wife spent monthly on a spin gym membership, roughly 120. That was without me.

A number of these points are what caused us to pull the trigger around Christmas.

Posts: 32380 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What rogue said. Plus, what actress is your avatar?

Posts: 7324 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
My Avatar? That is Emma Watson.

Posts: 32380 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
I have one and love it. If you can get it at a significant discount and have the desire and discipline to use it, I say go for it. IMO, there is no better stationary bike. The abundance of programs and instructors makes it easy to find something you like which will help with staying motivated. As with any piece of exercise equipment, it will not mysteriously transform your body if you are not willing to put the work in while also taking your nutrition into account.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5905 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
So what does one get with the $40 a month Peloton membership that the $13 a month Peloton app with ghetto brand bike users don’t?

————————————————

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ronin,
After some research. I've decided on a Bowflex C6 bike. It is less than half the cost of a Peloton. Magnetic resistance, blue tooth connectivity , LCD screen, connects to Peloton App, zwift app, and explore the world app.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4783 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Black92LX - If you haven't already, you might take a look at Zwift, it might be something you like and can adapt your spin bike to.

Posts: 3435 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
Are these: Echelon Fit bikes just Peleton lite? They seem considerably cheaper

I posted this question on P1, didn't seem to get any 'traction', but they seem to be similar to Peleton, but half the price or so.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Ronin,
After some research. I've decided on a Bowflex C6 bike. It is less than half the cost of a Peloton. Magnetic resistance, blue tooth connectivity , LCD screen, connects to Peloton App, zwift app, and explore the world app.

Thanks for that Gator....I’ll check it out.

I like this review.

https://bgr.com/2019/12/17/bow...iew-vs-peloton-bike/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12296 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The ability to attach to your own display including TV is what I like. Also being less than half the price.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4783 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
The ability to attach to your own display including TV is what I like. Also being less than half the price.

Will you report back to us once you get your C6 and have an opportunity to use it?

My wife and I are looking for low impact, all weather options to exercise more. A (potentially) 4K stationary bike isn't in the plans, but your option might work.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
My wife is loving the Peloton app in conjunction with our nonPeloton studio bike.

————————————————

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
My wife is loving the Peloton app in conjunction with our nonPeloton studio bike.

I bought one of the Schwinn IC4’s (same as C6) over the holidays and am really loving using Peloton and FulGaz apps with it.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1832 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I hate the commercials and they are marketing to the wrong demographic.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7933 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post