SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Is Going On With Apple?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Is Going On With Apple? Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The Cult of Apple.

In the eyes of the very much washed masses they can do no wrong, even if they can't always afford to 'upgrade' to the latest wares each time out. There is the reason why AAPL is the first trillion dollar company.

Besides, would you really wanna put your trust in Google instead? I have been with Android since its inception. And I'm damn fed up and tired of the targeting ads and tracked data alerts that Google inflicts upon me via my phone even when I go to great lengths to try to shut all of that shit down. It's a great device, this Samsung, but the OS behind it is a most insidious creation. As much as I've resisted going over to that extremist, ultra libtard platform, I may very well do just that when it comes time to replace this phone.

Then again, if 5G is as good as it's touted to be I WILL MOST LIKELY be an early adopter to that...and Google will again have me in its clutches for another cycle.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
When I can no longer get an SE sized phone, I'll go back to a flip phone. I have no interest in these tablet sized phones and will not own one.

I'm a little surprised, I thought I was the only SE owner in the world, me and my tiny little phone...

I have a SE and I know 4 others with a SE. I was hoping they would come out with a SE2.

I just updated my SE to iOS 12 and feel like performance has improved. No issues so far.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Wanna see people bitch? Just wait until phones are too big for folks to stuff in their back pockets.

Posts: 9041 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
Wanna see people bitch? Just wait until phones are too big for folks to stuff in their back pockets.

Duluth Fire Hose work pants are the solution to that. I prefer the Flex variety, but also have the regular heavy duty for yard work. Pockets everywhere, of all sizes.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
As much as I've resisted going over to that extremist, ultra libtard platform, I may very well do just that when it comes time to replace this phone.

Wait, I thought you were with Android since the beginning. Wink

I just read that Google is going after air pollution next, after they depose Trump. Google hopes to be the de facto world government. For your own good, of course.

At least Apple isn’t yet telling me how to live, and holding company sponsored cry-ins after an election doesn’t go their way. I kinda liked it when Apple gave the government the middle finger over device encription. It signals they aren’t totally in bed with big brother.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm a little surprised, I thought I was the only SE owner in the world, me and my tiny little phone...

The SE was a good seller actually which is what makes this even more puzzling to me.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
When I can no longer get an SE sized phone, I'll go back to a flip phone. I have no interest in these tablet sized phones and will not own one.

My wife got the SE and loves it. She’ll use it til the wheels fall off.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

Saw an article, which I can't find now about how there's already anecdotal evidence of new and used iPhone SE prices rising as people are grabbing them while they can.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
quote:
quote:

I'm still using the 5S which is just like the SE with older guts, and I really like it. Just upgraded to ios 12.

Really the only thing I don't like is the lack of memory (storage). I try to keep it clean and use FileExplorer to flush stuff like pictures to an HD attached to my router. So far no issues although with each new OS upgrade I lose a little more space.

I too am disappointed there will be no SE2.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I have an SE and love the size. I wish I could fit a tiny bit more on the screen, but the size more than makes up for the lack of real estate.

Glad to see there are lots more SE users out there.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9157 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
I have an SE and love the size. I wish I could fit a tiny bit more on the screen, but the size more than makes up for the lack of real estate.

Waiting for the edge to edge screen SE. perfect phone. I’m not buying another until 5G LTE is in it.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
Further, it's possible to get a very good, not cutting edge, but very good Android phone, for much less than the Google Pixel, Samsung S9, or iPhone prices.

Case in point:
https://www.cnet.com/reviews/motorola-moto-g6-review/

That phone is a "Motorola" in name only. It's actually a Lenovo device. They aren't the phones they were when Motorola Mobility was making them, I don't care what C/Net's reviews say.
I never made any claims about the brand name, and it's connection to Lenovo. I never tried to say there was something magical about the Motorola brand name, so I don't understand your ranting about that. However, cnet.com does a pretty good job of fairly reviewing products. While they don't mention Lenovo in the review, that's because most people don't care, and those that do already know about it because Lenovo took over the Motorola brand 4 years ago.

However, I have a Moto G4 (which is a Lenovo made Motorola brand phone), that's 2 years old. It's been flawless the entire time. I preferred it to my work required iPhone 6, when we had those. The only thing that was better on the iPhone 6 was the camera. Since the G4 is older, it is slower than our current phones at work, the iPhone 8. However, if my G4 were to get broken tomorrow, I'd have no concerns about getting the G6 to replace it, and save hundreds over the various iPhone and high priced Android offerings.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
What’s going on with Apple? They’re just continuing to be the best of the best. Love everything about ‘em.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
What’s going on with Apple? They’re just continuing to be the best of the best. Love everything about ‘em.

Spoken like a total...err fellow fan boi Wink

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

I don't think you'll see an edge to edge screen in the SE. That currently requires the OLED screen which Apple is sourcing from Samsung. Being the SE is a budget priced phone, I don't think they'd spec more than Apples normal lcd screen for the SE.

Waiting for the edge to edge screen SE. perfect phone. I’m not buying another until 5G LTE is in it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

I don't think you'll see an edge to edge screen in the SE. That currently requires the OLED screen which Apple is sourcing from Samsung. Being the SE is a budget priced phone, I don't think they'd spec more than Apples normal lcd screen for the SE.

The new XR shipping in October is edge to edge and not an OLED screen.

A SE2 same physical size as current SE with edge to edge screen would be my pick if available.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Google maps and Waze are now available on Apple CarPlay with the IOS 12 update

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Further, it's possible to get a very good, not cutting edge, but very good Android phone, for much less than the Google Pixel, Samsung S9, or iPhone prices.

Case in point:
https://www.cnet.com/reviews/motorola-moto-g6-review/

That phone is a "Motorola" in name only. It's actually a Lenovo device. They aren't the phones they were when Motorola Mobility was making them, I don't care what C/Net's reviews say.

I never made any claims about the brand name, and it's connection to Lenovo. I never tried to say there was something magical about the Motorola brand name, so I don't understand your ranting about that.

For chrissakes, that wasn't a "rant"

I mentioned it because the Motorola brand name did used to mean something. Motorola build quality was usually a cut above that of most others--including usually having the best radios of any wireless phones. Motorola was the first manufacturer to turn out economical splash-proof phones (the original Moto G) and the first to come out with an ecomomical water-resistant phone (the 3rd generation Moto G, I believe it was).

If it's anything like people thinking today's "AT&T" is the same company it always was, the company of Western Electric and Bell Labs, I'm sure most still think Motorola is actually Motorola, the American company, rather than a typical cheap Chinese company that's simply turning out C³ handsets under the Motorola name.

There you go: Rant. (Just a little >< one.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
As much as I've resisted going over to that extremist, ultra libtard platform, I may very well do just that when it comes time to replace this phone.

Wait, I thought you were with Android since the beginning. Wink

I just read that Google is going after air pollution next, after they depose Trump. Google hopes to be the de facto world government. For your own good, of course.

At least Apple isn’t yet telling me how to live, and holding company sponsored cry-ins after an election doesn’t go their way. I kinda liked it when Apple gave the government the middle finger over device encription. It signals they aren’t totally in bed with big brother.

Truth be told, anything cool out of Silicon Valley will have been devised and developed by leftists. Can't get around that (sigh)...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
I think the bigger issue is that many of these phablets are reaching a size that makes them difficult if not impossible to operate with one hand. I recently played with a friend's Samsung Note 8, and even with my big paws, using it one handed was a real challenge.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post