SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 Baseball Playoffs...
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 Baseball Playoffs... Login/Join 
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Good series Rays! I am glad we got by you, hell of a team!

Yankees next, hope our pitching works out against them.

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Boom. On to the ALCS.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15323 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Picked up road win Sanchez was awesome. That Zimm catch, nice. Dolittle didn't fall apart.

Go Nats!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
My daughters will be at the game tomorrow. I hope the Cards don't let them down. Should be a little warmer than tonight. It's 38° now and going down to 33° ... too cold!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Picked up road win Sanchez was awesome. That Zimm catch, nice. Dolittle didn't fall apart.

Go Nats!

Sanchez pitched a hell of a game. I'm sad they lost, but gotta give credit where credit is due.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sanchez pitched a hell of a game.

Yes, he did.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I'm glad the Dodgers are out, I didn't think any NL team would be able to beat them. Hell I didn't think the Nats would make it to the postseason after losing the bat of Harper.

Can the Cards or Nats beat the Yankees or Astros?

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Yes, he did.

Hoping Mad Max will also have a great day for game 2.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I'm glad the Dodgers are out, I didn't think any NL team would be able to beat them. Hell I didn't think the Nats would make it to the postseason after losing the bat of Harper.

Can the Cards or Nats beat the Yankees or Astros?

Not sure why everyone thinks the Dodgers are always so unbeatable in the playoffs.

At this point in the season anyone can beat anyone. That’s what makes it fun. The Cards won the regular season series against the Nationals but the playoffs are a whole new ballgame as they say.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Yankee bastards heading to Houston

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Yes, he did.
Kinda comical that the media buzz was all about the Cards being nervous about having to deal with Scherzer and Strasburg. I think Sanchez caught them completely off guard.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Scherzer is making hitters look silly... no hitting the Cards through 6... he has his A game today.... good pitching in this series so far.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
As a Cards fan I find the Nats scary.
As a Washington fan, I find the Nats scary too! Switching back and forth to the game in the hope that I won't apply the jinx (again).

ETA: OK, so they held on. Scherzer/Kincaid almost identical stats from two outstanding pitchers, we were lucky to have the breaks go our way (not excluding Scherzer getting the calls on his trailing fastballs. I don't think Chuck Norris could hit that pitch, but tonight it wasn't safe to lay off it either).

Posts: 6473 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
2-0 heading home. Never guessed we'd still be in it at this point, let alone have a chance at elimination game at home.

Go Curly W's!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something I have been watching over the last few years develop has really gotten bad and I wonder if anything can be done about it.

If you watch the camera work in the playoffs you either get an up close in your grill view of the players or you get a long distance view with the center of the picture in focus with everything else softening towards the edges. I think this is being done for the sole purpose to hide the fact that none of these stadiums are packed like years past.

I’m not blaming the teams for ticket prices because all these games are listed as sold out. The real issue is that companies like stub hub buy up all the available tickets immediately and then scalp them online for ridiculous prices. They keep pushing the threshold and it appears in most cases they have found it. Look very closely at the few crowd shots that you do get and notice how many empty seats you see.

As a Cardinal fan used to seeing a packed stadium it’s very obvious what is going on. The problem is that the teams don’t care because they are guaranteed a sell out. The bummer to me is that it makes for a weird game to watch on tv without the normal medium range camera work. It’s also a bummer when you go to a game expecting a packed house with a raucous crowd and you look around and see thousands of empty seats.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
2-0 heading home. Never guessed we'd still be in it at this point, let alone have a chance at elimination game at home.

Go Curly W's!

The only way it could be better is if we had Bob and F.P. calling the game.

No matter the outcome, we (the fans) were gifted entry into the post season.
This has sure been a lot of fun.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
1s1k is right about that.

-rduckwor

Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
If you would have told me that the Nats were going to be two games up in the NLCS I would have said you're dreaming.

Tanaka looked great. Minute Maid Park is a tough place to win. Torres was very impressive. Go Yanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5908 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not a good night in Houston. Hopefully Verlander & Cole can turn things around.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15323 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nats are getting hot at the right time. 2 strong road wins in StL. They will likely sweep or win in 5.

Not sure what to think about the AL yet.

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post