SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk Tweets that He Wants to Take Tesla Private
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk Tweets that He Wants to Take Tesla Private Login/Join 
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
How does someone like this get the money?

He was part of Obama’s green scam and now the gravy train has ended.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, lost about a third of the value of the company in a month. Toke away! What a fool.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
In the car this morning, I heard one of those lawyer ads asking if you've used this or that, or had this surgery, or bought something or another, "you may be entitled to significant financial compensation." This time though it was about Musk and his Tesla Tweet asking listeners if they traded on that tweet and lost a lot of money to contact them. I can only imagine how many people have already contacted lawyers over that one tweet.

Oh, and here it is. The class action suit:

https://teslatweets.com

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
May be a planned self inflicted wound, suicide

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He probably shorted his own stock.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Musk’s brain is turning to mush.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm telling you- this guy is nothing more than a con man. I can't believe people are buying into his shit.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Tesla Plunges as Musk Smokes Weed During Podcast,Accounting Chief Leaves Company

Short sellers lament burn, Tesla burns cash, Musk burns weed ...

Tesla Inc. (TSLA - Get Report) shares plunged to the lowest level in five months Friday following news that a key short-seller is suing the clean-energy carmaker for allegedly misleading investors over plans to take the company private and a radio interview that raised further questions over the judgement of founder and CEO Elon Musk. Shares extended also declines after the company said its chief accounting officer, Dave Morton, had resigned after less than a month in the job.

Andrew Left, who runs Citron Research, filed his suit against Tesla at the U.S. District Court in San Francisco Thursday, alleging Musk "artificially manipulated the price of Tesla securities with objectively false tweets in order to 'burn' the Company's short-sellers" when he sent his now infamous "taking Tesla private. Funding Secured" message on August. 7.

News of the suit, one of seven that targets the Palo Alto, Calif.-based group, was soon followed by an appearance from Musk on the Joe Rogan podcast, in which he smoked marijuana, drank whiskey and told the comedian during the two and a half hour interview that it was "very difficult to keep a car company alive."

"I'm not a regular smoker of weed," Musk said. "I don't actually notice any effect. I don't find that it is very good for productivity."

Tesla said the company's accounting functions will be overseen by CFO Deepak Ahuja and the group's corporate controller, according to a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

"Since I joined Tesla on August 6th, the level of public attention placed on the company, as well as the pace within the company, have exceeded my expectations," Morton said in the statement. "As a result, this caused me to reconsider my future."

"I want to be clear that I believe strongly in Tesla, its mission, and its future prospects, and I have no disagreements with Tesla's leadership or its financial reporting," Morton added.

Tesla shares were marked 9.9% in the opening minutes of trading Friday before paring the decline to around 6.3% and changing hands at $263.46 each, a move that takes the stock to the lowest level since April 2 and some 37% from the $420 price that Musk indicated he had funding support to purchase the shares in the open market.

Musk's public behaviour since the August Tweet has raised serious questions over his ability to run a public company, with the billionaire founder himself telling the New York Times last month that the past year has been the "most difficult and painful" of his career.

Since that interview, however, Musk has courted controversy -- and added to his increasingly active legal calendar -- by reviving a spat with Vernon Unsworth, a British diver who was part of the rescue team that extracted twelve Thai boys from a local football team, along with their coach, trapped in a cave beneath the Doi Nang Non mountain on the border of Myanmar.

"He's an old, single white guy from England who's been travelling to or living in Thailand for 30 to 40 years, mostly Pattaya Beach, until moving to Chiang Rai for a child bride who was about 12 years old at the time," Musk told Buzzfeed in an email earlier this week in which he referred to Unsworth as 'child rapist'. "There's only one reason people go to Pattaya Beach," Musk allegedly told Buzzfeed.

Unsworth's attorney, Mark Stephens, have vowed to sue the billionaire for libel.

Musk is also facing a probe from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission over the August Tweets, with Fox Business News reporting Thursday that one of them is Roel Campos, a former SEC commissioner and partner at the Hughes, Hubbbard and Reed law firm, while other reports suggest he's also drafted Steven Farina of Williams & Connolly.

"There's only been two car companies in American history that haven't gone bankrupt," Musk said during the podcast interview. "That's Ford (F - Get Report) and Tesla."

"The man that created tens of billions in market capitalization for an unprofitable enterprise through sheer salesmanship is going further and further down a road that will destroy it," wrote Real Money contributor David Butler earlier this week. "With each tweet, every absurd statement, every promise that cannot be kept, Musk is destroying the credibility that Tesla so desperately needs in order to succeed."

"With further Model 3 shortfalls, that daunting debt payment next year, and self destructive voice at the helm, I truly believe TSLA can find $230 a share by Christmas," Butler argued. "Tesla shares dropped by 2.8% on Wednesday, closing at $280.74. They were hovering at $380 less than a month ago."

https://www.thestreet.com/mark...ler-lawsuit-14705283

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Musk is the definition of a piece of shit. I hope he ends up bankrupt and swinging from a rope in his closet.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
He's weird, and sketchy, but I wish him the best - on his own dime, and the cars are interesting. He needs to stop getting by on our dime, though. He's living a rock star life on our money and unfulfilled promises. We have more important things to do and pay for.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Smug is hilarious...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
When the chief accounting officer hauls ass within a month of getting hired, we call that a clue. He was distancing himself from the indictments sure to come when he saw the real numbers.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Or maybe he just doesn't like weed.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Or maybe he just doesn't like weed.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Waitin' for the train that goes home, sweet Mary ...

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopin' the train is on time
Sittin downtown in a railway station
One toke over the line.

In days of old when I smoked my share of pot, I never let that much smoke go to waste, hell,looked to me he never inhaled. He looks naturally stoned.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
When the chief accounting officer hauls ass within a month of getting hired, we call that a clue. He was distancing himself from the indictments sure to come when he saw the real numbers.
That would be far more disconcerting to me than Musk smoking some pot. I didn't watch the entire video but I saw him take a puff of smoke into his mouth and not even inhale it so he could probably pass a drug test today, not that it matters.

People act like rich people don't do some of the same things that average people do. The guy sitting across from him makes somewhere around $70k per podcast which will be around $20 million this year just from that and he most definitely enjoys smoking pot as he's very vocal about it.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Listening to Elon Musk is just painful. I've watched the clips from the Joe Rogan Podcast and from Marques Brownlee (MKBHD on YouTube) and the guy stammers more than Obama without a teleprompter. At least John DeLorean could swindle you and convince you it was a good idea.

I know this sounds like a "I'm not a racist, I have a black friend...", but I hope and want Tesla and SpaceX to succeed. However, that means getting off Big Government's teat AND making a profit. There's no good reason why the Model 3 takes so long to make or why the Model X needs "Falcon Doors" that don't work and needs fixed at a dealership.

Posts: 4167 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm telling you- this guy is nothing more than a con man. I can't believe people are buying into his shit.

Thats what I think too. When Mercedes, Porsche, Lexus all come out with electric cars soon, Tesla will collapse imo. When your finance guy quits shortly after being hired, you know the numbers are funny.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
quote:

Thats what I think too. When Mercedes, Porsche, Lexus all come out with electric cars soon, Tesla will collapse imo. When your finance guy quits shortly after being hired, you know the numbers are funny.

Rumor has it he made those late night tweets about having investors all lined up....while on LSD. Would not surprise me, given the company he was with. The BOD is concerned. They need to sideline Musk and bring in an experienced CEO. Mayby Mulally wants a new gig? He turned around Boeing and Ford.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post