SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apology...Its seems I need a new Photo Hosting site....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apology...Its seems I need a new Photo Hosting site.... Login/Join 
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted
I wasn't around when they changed things up and didn't notice a discussion here. Who have you guys turned to? Thanks....Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I just started using Postimage.org. Seems to be working fine so far.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Imgur is my new home for photos. Happy with it so far. Spent a bit last night fixing a how-to I wrote for a Chevy truck forum and updating the photo links.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used https://imgbb.com last night to post to another forum I'm on. Seemed easy enough and it was free.

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Flickr

Slide1 by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm using Flickr. GaryBF has outlined the method of posting from that site, and it must be used in order to follow the rules established by Flickr. Flickr can close the account if their rules are not followed.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Another for imgur.

They also have a meme creator, with lots of standard pictures. And size editing.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of logrusmaster
posted Hide Post
Imgur, or Flickr.

-------------------------
If not me then who? If not now then when?

Posts: 618 | Location: Earth | Registered: August 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I switched to Imageshack.

Posts: 32507 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy with Imgur.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
If you want to "catch up" on the Photobucket fiasco, start here in Avatar Hosting in which my post links to the infamous Photobucket thread.

Summarizing for "free" solutions:

imgur's TOS seems to prohibit using them for avatar hosting. Quoting from "Tweeter and the Monkey Man" "in Jersey anything's legal as long as you don't get caught". (Cool Traveling Wilburys song with Bob Dylan primarily writing and singing.) Other than the avatar issue, imgur works fine with the tradeoff being giving intellectual property rights of your photos to imgur.

https://imgbb.com works well for me, but they lowered the limit for free stored photos in response to the influx of Photobucket refugees.

http://postimages.org/ currently works well for image hosting. However, they may have financial problems in the future similar to Photobucket. Also, most of us cannot get postimages.org to work for avatar hosting on SIGforum.

And then there is forum member creslin's free image hosting offer along with a potential problem.

I mostly just use imgur and postimages.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Be advised--Flickr won't work for posting avatars.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Due to piss poor performance, I spent several hours moving all of my photos over to PostImage several weeks prior to Photobucket stopping forum hosting unless you paid $400. PostImage was working great for regular photos and avatars then Photobucket caused a mass influx to PostImage, and they wouldn't let me switch avatars for holidays (my regular steaming coffee cup still worked).

Since I had already moved hundreds of photos to PostImage, I was only looking for a site to host 10 to 15 avatars. I found TinyPic and they've worked well for my Sigforum avatars.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post