SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Disturbing survey finds trash, needles, feces littering streets of San Francisco
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disturbing survey finds trash, needles, feces littering streets of San Francisco Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I liked the one tourist who said something like "I come from a third-world country and even WE don't have shit all over the place like this!" Big Grin

Democrats. UGH

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
God made California

After God rested from making the the whole dad-gum universe, He made America. The next day the head angel Gabriel came to God with a complaint:

“All the angels are upset that you gave California waaay to many riches: Beautiful snow-capped mountains, hundreds of miles of beaches, the most fertile farmland in the world and temperate weather. You must make amends as some other states will perceive that they were slighted and be jealous”.

So God gave California the Californians.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They need to open more Starbucks

Posts: 152 | Location: west Florida | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I pray to God almighty that I won't be based in San Francisco when I transition to United. Please, Lord, let me get LAX (not that LAX is any better Lib-tard wise).....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I pray to God almighty that I won't be based in San Francisco when I transition to United. Please, Lord, let me get LAX.....

You know the airport is 20-miles south of the said city...? No aircrew lives anywhere close to SF, if anything, they'll buy a house in the East Bay or, 'attempt to find' something along the peninsula. Crash pads are mainly in San Bruno (low end) or, Milbrae/Burlingame (better).

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
You know the airport is 20-miles south of the said city...? No aircrew lives anywhere close to SF, if anything, they'll buy a house in the East Bay or, 'attempt to find' something along the peninsula. Crash pads are mainly in San Bruno (low end) or, Milbrae/Burlingame (better).

Thank you JESUS!! I appreciate that intel, corsair. I just don't have any "connections" for SFO. I've already had a SIGforum brother give me intel on LAX. I'll have to endure one or the other for at least 18 months before crawling up the seniority list to make it back into IAH. Frown

[/drift]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

Thank you JESUS!! I appreciate that intel, corsair. I just don't have any "connections" for SFO. I've already had a SIGforum brother give me intel on LAX. I'll have to endure one or the other for at least 18 months before crawling up the seniority list to make it back into IAH. Frown

[/drift]

I shared plenty of Uber Pool rides with aircrew on the way to catch a flight when I lived in Burlingame. I miss the area but, don't miss the rental prices. It's part of the tech corridor so, its a sellers market, there is a bunch of condos getting built in San Mateo. County bureaucracy and neighborhood groups are the only limiting issue for developers right now. I've heard of some aircrew staying over the hill in Pacifica and Half Moon Bay, trying to put some reasonable distance from work.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that SF spends $280M for 7500 homeless. That’s $37k per crap contributor.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Pierce County (WA) just cleaned up a homeless encampment.

While this was discribed as “taking a tough stance against some unsanctioned encampments” it really wasn’t.

“We are not calling these groups homeless; it does a disservice to the people who are really homeless that need services, that don’t want to be homeless. A lot of people, we understand, have fallen on hard times-- we want to get those people services,” Pierce County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson Ed Troyer said.

Troyer was talking about the 30 people who were living in tents and cars on wooded private property living along 112th Street. Deputies recently cleared them out.

“They were offered services. We even offered them jobs with labor people for a few months,” Troyer said.

He added that all their offers were rejected, including money to help clean up their own mess.

“Stolen bikes and toys and battery-powered cars (were left behind) -- and there is no children there. So it shows they were taking things not tied down in their neighborhood and stealing. We had one store that had 90 complaints in one month," Troyer said.

Complaints of theft and drug use were taken seriously enough that the campers were given an ultimatum.

“They pushed us to the point of, you are either going to jail or leaving,” Troyer said.

The campers didn’t tell deputies where they were headed next, but Troyer said wouldn’t be surprised if they ended up in Seattle.”
https://q13fox.com/2018/06/01/...ead-sending-invites/

Basically Pierce Country now differentiates between true homeless and groups such as this.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I hope it gets much worse, and I hope it gets much worse, quickly. I hope it gets so bad, people won't even try to walk down the street, and I hope it gets even worse than that and continues to degrade every single day.

These leftists dolts have no idea how to handle these bums who are ruining their city, so they deserve what they get and I hope they keep getting it, day in, day out.

I don't see any of this as a problem. I see it as the only solution. The city government is so clueless, misguided and inept that this is the only way for any change to come about.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
Keep in mind that SF spends $280M for 7500 homeless. That’s $37k per crap contributor.

I bet very little of that amount goes to the 37,000. But it does provide a lot of bureaucracy,government jobs and benefits.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I wasn't aware of Prop 47 - what an idiotic bill! Particularly in a "sanctuary city" with ridiculous gun laws.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018...t-is-it-working.html

https://www.sfchronicle.com/op...y-crimes-6922062.php

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post