SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Disturbing survey finds trash, needles, feces littering streets of San Francisco
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disturbing survey finds trash, needles, feces littering streets of San Francisco Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Weekly there are violent attacks on people in San Francisco, mostly by the homeless or drug crazed. Some of these are fatal. People get high on drugs, they rarely suffer consequences for their actions, and become more and more out of control.

An example from yesterday:
A 38-year-old man was in critical condition Tuesday after being attacked with a hatchet in San Francisco’s Tenderloin, authorities said.

The incident occurred about 1:05 a.m. near the intersection of Golden Gate Avenue and Jones Street, less than half a mile away from UC Hastings School of Law, according to the San Francisco Police Department.

A man was walking home when a suspect yelled at him and reportedly attacked him with a hatchet.

The suspect, who was also not identified, fled in an unknown direction.
https://www.sfgate.com/crime/a...-man-in-12630232.php

As it is San Francisco, it is effectively impossible to obtain a CCW permit, unless you are Diane Feinstein. The little people can suffer, but not her and her 24 hour police protection.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Want to start a business in SF? Jump through 1 million hoops!

Want to turn SF streets into a biohazard dump? Be our guest!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Want to turn SF streets into a bio-hazard dump? Be our guest!

Too damned late. It has been a bio-hazard dump for at least a couple decades.

We traveled through there about 25 years ago, and the folks at the motel warned us of where NOT to go.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Survey finds trash, needles, feces on San Francisco streets

Are progressive policies to blame for the sanctuary city's terrible sanitation conditions?

Do you really have to ask the question?
Razz

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's worse than whatever the story is having you picture. The dreck used to be mostly confined to certain parts of town but no longer. Nothing like seeing some dude's brown eye at 8:00am on your walk to work.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
In other news, water is wet. I’m shocked they had to do a study for this.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Hellloooo Frissco!!!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
there's a map of poop locations too:

http://mochimachine.org/wasteland/

That looks insanely bad until you zoom in.... It's still bad but its not 'every square inch' under the poop cloud thing.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Not just SF. Check out Orange County. At this rate CA will no longer be a blue state. Brown will be its new color.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It took Democrats to make a beautiful first-rate, first-world city into a third-world shithole, go figure.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I have to travel to SF at least once a year. People laugh when I tell them upon my return that I have successfully "escaped" from California.

I'm not kidding, though.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
there's a map of poop locations too:

http://mochimachine.org/wasteland/
That looks insanely bad until you zoom in.... It's still bad but its not 'every square inch' under the poop cloud thing.
The fact that we're even discussing the possibility of a gigantic shit cloud in 'Frisco means that they've already lost. When excrement can be plotted on a city map...

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:

An example from yesterday:
A 38-year-old man was in critical condition Tuesday after being attacked with a hatchet in San Francisco’s Tenderloin, authorities said.

The incident occurred about 1:05 a.m. near the intersection of Golden Gate Avenue and Jones Street, less than half a mile away from UC Hastings School of Law, according to the San Francisco Police Department.

You really have to be either completely oblivious or a bit of a moron to go walking around the Tenderloin district at that hour of the night...or at any hour of the night really.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife and I went out to SF back in the late 80's and I actually liked the city. Fast forward to 2016, the place is an over-crowded shithole. The uber driver told us streets that you do not want to walk anywhere near. As we drove through one of those areas, you could smell the old piss in the air. Freaking disgusting. Crazy homelessness everywhere. I'll never go back unless I am being paid.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

It is that bad. No turd map is current and not every turd is reported. There's a lot of the city where there's at least one turd on the sidewalk for blocks and they stay for days in a lot of places. At least downtown the building owners keep the sidewalks clean. It used to be the derelicts would have a tiny bit of courtesy and shit between parked cars but now they just drop trou in the middle of the sidewalk no matter how crowded.

There's a nice-ish pedestrian alley between my building and the place next door. Used to have a fountain but the beggers used it for laundry. I walked outside one day and a beggar was sitting on top of the trash can, pants around his ankles, and reading the paper while he did his business. Heart of the Financial District in the middle of the day.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
I walked outside one day and a beggar was sitting on top of the trash can, pants around his ankles, and reading the paper while he did his business. Heart of the Financial District in the middle of the day.

Why is this stuff tolerated, even by bleeding heart libs?

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AM09X2ZJWk looks like a great place to visit Eek

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Do the homeless vote?

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I had a business trip in N. California two years ago. We flew in/out of Oakland airport and made the mistake of staying in Oakland the second night so we were close to the airport.

After spending the late afternoon seeing the sights and having dinner in San Francisco we stopped at a gas station near the hotel to fill up the rental car. Bad idea.

There were 10-15 homeless, totally whacked out either with mental issues or on drugs wandering around the gas station. They wanted to dance for us, pump the gas, wash the windows anything for a buck. Two 6'+, 200+lbs, clean cut, white guys immediately took defensive postures and they backed off. They suddenly wanted no part of us.

Never again, we flew in and out of Sacramento from then on.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
17 years ago, liberal mayor Gavin Newsome recognized the beginnings of this problem. He and the City Council passed a law taking social welfare benefits from addicts and alcoholics, compelling them into homeless shelters with medical care and hot, prepared meals. Using volume discounts and the weight of the government, he was able to get all provided with no excess expense to the city, just the bums welfare. The courts threw it out, saying the bums had to be paid like everyone else on the dole, that being junkies and drunks made them no less human. Thank you, your honors.

When my 34 year old daughter was 1 year old, I was able to take her from our home on BART with her strapped to my chest, get off and jump on a cable care, take her to the pier and all the cool stuff, stop by and pick up chocolate and stuff my backpack with baguettes, and take her back to Hayward. I wouldn't do that now with two pistols and a shotgun.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post