SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Former Minnesota governor Arne Carlson (R) says Franken should rescind his resignation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Former Minnesota governor Arne Carlson (R) says Franken should rescind his resignation Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
One way or the other, Franken is fucked. He's Frankenfucked.

Damaged goods. "FIRE BAD!"

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
It's almost as if they are all on the same team working against the people.....

That's just krazee thinking there.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Still has his golden parachute doesn't he?

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
Franken hasn't resigned. He's considering it. My guess is he'll see how Moore does. Then where the demonrat sex claims attack on the President goes. Franken will, no doubt, find a reason to "reconsider" and decide to stay.
Yep. If Alabama votes for Moore today Franken will stay.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:Yep. If Alabama votes for Moore today Franken will stay.

If that's the plan, it was pretty stupid for all the Dems to come out against him. All they can say is "Well he's still terrible, but your guy is just as bad". Not exactly a vote of confidence.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I think the dems thought the Republicans would go along with the "moral high ground" scam and to some degree the GOPe is doing that, you can see it in their attacks against Moore; however, people are now realizing that the getting along w/dems isn't going to win you any elections and that you're still going to be called a racist/homophobe/sexist, so you might as well fight back.

The dems thought sacrificing Franken would give them a leg up on the Republicans but why should we play by their rules? I said in the other thread that if Moore wins today, that Franken would "un-resign"...that's how "serious" they're taking all these harassment/assault allegations.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
quote:

Who gives a shit? He's damaged goods. That's all I care about?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
What is up with MN governors?

quote:
On Tuesday’s broadcast of CNN’s New Day, former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty (R) stated that it isn’t a close call whether he would vote for Alabama Republican Senate nominee Judge Roy Moore.

Pawlenty said it wasn’t “even a close call” whether he would vote for Moore if he lived in Alabama, adding, “This is a credibly accused serial child molester. And I don’t think that’s even a close call, no.”

He added that it is understandable that some Republicans want to keep the seat in GOP hands, “but I’m not willing to put my personal values to the curb for political power.”

After the discussion turned to Senator Al Franken (D-MN), Pawlenty stated that he is “politically retired” and doesn’t plan on running for Franken’s seat and Franken “did the right thing” by resigning.

http://www.breitbart.com/video...for-political-power/

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
What is up with MN governors?

Despite his assertions, Pawlenty is setting himself up for a future run. There's little/nothing to be gained for him by supporting Moore, but it would surely be hung around his neck next year if he runs for the Franken seat.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
quote:

Who gives a shit? He's damaged goods. That's all I care about?

Actually I kinda care. I'm still going to pay this fuck's retirement and healthcare after he quits his job in disgrace.

Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
Franken hasn't resigned. He's considering it. My guess is he'll see how Moore does. Then where the demonrat sex claims attack on the President goes. Franken will, no doubt, find a reason to "reconsider" and decide to stay.
Yep. If Alabama votes for Moore today Franken will stay.

I think the democrats will still oust Franken. They can't very well go after Moore and give Al a pass.

Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
He was waiting for this. He doesn't want to leave the only meaningful thing he can claim. You just know he's scheming right now. But, if he stays, the Dimms lose the high moral ground with Trump. This is so delicious to watch.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
His basic reason: It's unfair; Franken's presumption of innocence has been stripped.

I have always been, and posted to that effect, uncomfortable saying someone is guilty based on accounts from years, even decades, ago. But a crucial difference is that he admitted to the incidents.

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post