SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
dsiets- if you dont manage to find Duke's mayo in your area, just email me. I will just mail you a bottle via USPS Priority Mail.
Just got a phone call from a friend in town who lurks here. He says that he got his Duke's mayo at the Meijer's store on Ann Arbor-Saline Road. He says to ask a store employee for it, and if they dont have it in stock, they will get it for you, in about 3 working days.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
A couple of my friends are on their way from here in Louisiana to Traverse City for a family reunion . Thet are pulling a 5th wheel camper I could have loaded it down with Duke's and made all the Yankees happy.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Miracle Whip is nothing more than a Yankee plot to poison southerners. Look it up!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Didn't answer, no option for "Both"

Either / or, makes me no nevermind. Whatever is handy.

If you've got mayo, you can make your own "Miracle Whip".
1 cup mayo,
1/3 cup white sugar,
2 tablespoons apple cider (or white wine) vinegar;

if you want, add the juice of one half of a small lemon.

I much prefer Hellmann's/ Best Foods mayo.

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
This is one of life's great ponderables. If I ever make it up the mountain I intend to ask the Dalai Lama about this. As well as what happens to that missing sock and why in skeet I sometimes miss the low 6 on the first try and hit it on the option.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
punched in my loc. at the Dukes website and, while we have Walmarts around, it showed it only at a "Walmart Super Center" or some such, south of Grand Rapids.

I'm right near a regular Walmart every Thurs. so I'll start there to check out this condiment phenom. After that I'll check the classifieds here. Ammo for Mayo. Big Grin
We have both "regular" Walmart stores around here, and "Super Centers."

I have found that there are many items that are only carried in the Super Center stores, which is a bit aggravating for me. The regular Walmart is much closer to where I live, and the demographics are such that the regular store has a much lower percentage of "People Of Walmart." Wink

However, I need to go to the Super Center, where I am much more likely to have a Strange Encounter, to get things like Duke's, decent mustard, re-load cards for our cell phone service (Total Wireless), and a bunch of other stuff.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I don't like either one of the damn things. Mustard or BBQ sauce fills my need for condiments.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fla. Jim:

Do they make anything else??

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yup, Hellmanns all the way. You can never have enough on your sandwich or burger.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Thanks to an older thread on this we've switched to Duke's. It really is that much better, much richer.

It's not sold at the closest Walmart to us, my wife picks it up on her shopping excursions at another one.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't like the taste of MW. However, my apparently unsophisticated palate is unable to tell any meaningful differences between brands of mayo.

Posts: 27963 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Have not had MW in years. Used to like it, a lot.

Wife does all the shopping, and we use a fair amount of mayo.,

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Real mayo for me.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Real mayo for me.

There's something else. All mayonnaise is "real" mayonnaise. What, is there fake mayonnaise out there?

Posts: 27963 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Miracle Whip only in my home. Never could stand mayo on anything.

They have essentially the same main ingredients. I just find Miracle Whip smoother and tastier.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 427 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I usually don't touch the stuff anymore. The exception is MW on a BLT and Dukes on a hamburger.
All other sandwiches get some good spicy senf

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Miracle Whip is nothing more than a Yankee plot to poison southerners. Look it up!

Yep, that's exactly what we learned in school. Smile

We recently gave Blue Plate a trial run and liked it. It was light years ahead of the mess that Hellman's makes, but not quite as good as Duke's, IMO. Blue Plate is definitely worthy of putting on a BLT made with homegrown tomatoes.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Miracle whip for me. Could almost eat it with a spoon.

Though if I had to choose only one common flavor enhancer it would be mustard.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post