SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Inspirational quotes or sayings.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inspirational quotes or sayings. Login/Join 
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Grow through what you go through !

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
So in the days when a nation becomes radically immoral, the moral will appear to be radical.

Jonathan Cahn - The Paradigm.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
If you have no enemies, you have no principles.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
Michael Jordan.

That was actually Wayne Gretsky.

The credo I live by:

Change the changeable.
Accept the unchangeable.
Remove yourself from the unacceptable.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
"If you say I can't....you won't"

Not sure who said it but I have used it with all of my sons

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence.”
Vince Lombardi

“All new news is old news happening to new people”
Malcolm Muggeridge

Posts: 995 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
What if all you have today is what you thanked God for yesterday

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
Adversity doesn't test character, it reveals it…

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carpe Diem - Seize the day

You can plan for the future and learn from the past, but - Today is what you have to work with.

24 hours or 1,440 minutes or 86,400 seconds. Today will NEVER come again. Do not waste it.

Take some of that time and accomplish something.

Then, write it on the calendar. So you can remember.

Maybe review each calendar each New Year’s Eve.

Carpe Diem

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
"LORD, TAKE ME WHERE YOU WANT ME TO GO,
LET ME MEET WHO YOU WANT ME TO MEET,
TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT ME TO SAY,
AND KEEP ME OUT OF YOUR WAY"
Fr. Mychal Judge, O.F.M. FDNY Chaplain.
First certified fatality of the September 11th, 2001 attacks.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Not sure where I saw this one....

"If the fire inside you burns brighter than the fire around you, you will survive."

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From Lou Holtz: “If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his life jacket on.”

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Get off my lawn!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In your organization - are you the spark plug or the muffler?

Dad.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
“All right, they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time.

Lt. Gen Lewis B. Puller (Chesty) USMC Ret.

"Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they’re so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact.

General James Mattis (Mad Dog) USMC Ret.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I think this is the only way to live. Demand the best from yourself. Give the best in everything you do and to everyone you meet. Create the best work you can, and try to create situations that help and encourage other people to do their best. Imagine for a minute what kind of world this would be if everyone did this half the time. Picture a life in which everyone you meet pushes themselves and refuses to settle for half assed crap.
-Bryan Anderson- Author of “No Turning Back”

It’s also where my signature came from...Smile

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
The man who complains about the way the ball bounces, is the man who dropped the ball in the first place. Lou Holtz

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you've never made any mistakes, you aren't getting much work done.

Posts: 1351 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post