SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Update request What State (s) is currently the most gun Friendly
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update request What State (s) is currently the most gun Friendly Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Seems like the whole country is better than the NE and West Coasts.
That's a lot of choices for me when My 94-95 yo Dad has decided to leave us....I didn't want this to be a bragging rights contest, but I understand your pride. I really appreciate your input!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:
Florida's policy is that if another state's background and training requirements meet Florida's, and the two states agree to a reciprocity, you get reciprocity.

There has to be more to it than this...FL recognizes an IN permit, and we have no training requirement at all, issue permits at the age of 18, and the lifetime permit has no expiration (why we even offer a 4-year, recently increased to 5-year, permit anymore makes no sense to me).

There is a footnote to Florida's license law that Florida would not recognize the licenses of anyone under the age of 21. You are correct, there is no requirement for any training in the reciprocity law (790.015 FS) that would be something addressed in the agreement between states. Here in a link to the reciprocity guidelines from the Division of Licensing:
https://www.fdacs.gov/content/.../ReciprocityList.pdf

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Minnesota, despite the screaming from the anti gun groups, makes owning and carrying pretty easy. Still, with all of the permits, it is still infringement.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:

Did FL get rid of the “someone sees your concealed gun, you’re screwed” law?
This was clarified a few years ago. There was a bill introduced in the legislature to allow open carry. The bill did not pass in that form, but some of the language regarding concealed carry was clarified.

The new regs specify that inadvertent exposure of a concealed firearm, say for instance the wind blows your unbuttoned shirt open*, or you reach for something on the top shelf in a store and your T-shirt rides up, this is not a violation. Deliberate exposure is still considered brandishing, and is still illegal.
*NOTE: Fun story, true, and of course there is bacon involvement. A few years ago, Jeff Yarchin hosted an open house at EZ Acres, his beautiful home in the North Carolina mountains. Dr. Dan and SigMonkey flew up there with me in the V-Tail, along with a friend of mine who is a firearms enthusiast and a pilot, as well as being a Lieutenant in the county Sheriff's Department. On the return trip, weather was kind of "interesting," a a vicious squall line drifted southward through the area.

Traveling a bit better than three miles / minute, we were rapidly catching up with the worst of the weather. I did not want to arrive at Our Little Airport at the same time as the thunderstorms and gusty winds, so a little delay was in order. Ocala airport was on our path, about fifteen minutes shy of home base, and has a nice little restaurant, so we made an executive decision and stopped for breakfast (that's the bacon part that I promised).

We taxied into a parking slot and as I was getting out of the airplane, a lineman came out to chock the wheels. The tail end of the squall line was breaking up, it was still windy, and as I stepped out of the cabin a gust of wind blew my shirt open, leaving a P228 there for all the world to see. Lineman was a bit startled and asked, "Are you guys Law Enforcement?"

Thinking of my friend, the other pilot on board, who was a sheriff's cop, I answered truthfully, "Not all of us."

That seemed to satisfy him, breakfast (with bacon) was enjoyed, and no more gun exposure.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post