SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Something got lost in the translation...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something got lost in the translation... Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted

Or maybe it was a Freudian slip...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Not a rider myself, but from people tell me... yes and no.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Hilarious. Wink

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I think I'd be firing the ad agency who made that sign. Aside from the obvious, there's "For every purchased of Kawasaki motorcycles".

They apparently aren't too bright.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I got it from a friend who lives in the Philippines.

I suspect the translation from Japanese to Tagalog to English got a little confused.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Now that makes more sense. I figured it was from up in your neck of the woods.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
I got it from a friend who lives in the Philippines.

I suspect the translation from Japanese to Tagalog to English got a little confused.

If Tagalog is involved all bets are off. GF's mom speaks Tagalog mixed with English as well as all her relatives, they have made up their own language I think. I can actually understand them half the time due to mix of English and context.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post