SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
The Deep State Will Face Justice Soon! Right?
By Peggy Ryan

The American Thinker > https://www.americanthinker.co...tice_soon_right.html
==================================
""The check's in the mail" is a promise that payment's been sent even if it hasn't. It's a stalling tactic to avoid pressure from creditors, from those expecting payment.

That's the scam our government is running on the American people today, a ruse to tamp down expectations of justice. We all know that the FBI used an unverifiable document, the Steele dossier, to get a warrant to spy on Trump using the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). This dossier was used to start a counterintelligence operation to plant spies in Trump's campaign, to get a special counsel to impeach the president.

We're repeatedly told by reliable sources that these crimes won't go unpunished — "justice is coming," "buckle up!," "tick tock," "BOOM!" The DOJ is about to drop the hammer on the bad guys. Yet after two years of this drama, not a single indictment or prosecution

Now we're awaiting the much anticipated I.G. report on (FISA) abuse that's going to blow Spygate wide open. Or not.

So far, the I.G. is batting zero on justice. The I.G. report on Hillary Clinton's email investigation showed pervasive bias for Hillary, talk of an insurance policy should she lose, that Hillary should win "100 million to 0." Yet in the end, Horowitz pulled a Comey, said the investigators' hatred for Donald Trump, their loyalty to Hillary Clinton, didn't impact their findings in any way. Huh?

But the attempted coup has been exposed, and one by one, the Deep State cronies are going down: James Comey, John Brennan, James Clapper, Bill Priestap, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Jim Baker, Andrew McCabe, to name a few who have retired, been fired, or been demoted.

So our message to any future insurgents who stage a coup but fail in their efforts to illegally remove a sitting president and overthrow the United States government is, "Be forewarned: treason could cost you your job." Oh, the humanity!

Well, at least former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe is paying a high price for lying and leaking. He collected over a half-million dollars on his GoFundMe site, ostensibly for his legal defense. He'll still get his government pension, has filed suit against the FBI and DOJ for firing him, wrote the ubiquitous political book trashing Trump, and has now landed a consultant gig with CNN. By damn, that'll teach him.

Sean Hannity tells us every night that Spygate will explode with declassification, with the I.G. report, or with Durham's investigation. Sean's Fox team of experts agree: the traitors are shaking in their boots because they know what's coming.

Really? Because I don't see a single traitor twitching, much less shaking. In fact, they've stepped up their sedition, increased their efforts to usurp the president. If they're scared, they're doing a bang-up job of hiding it.

Today, treason and our two-tier justice system are casually discussed as inescapable facts of today's political landscape. Heads up for those desperately trying to put the blindfold back on Lady Justice. If a layered legal system is what we have, it has nothing to do with justice — that's anarchy. And these smug criminals not only revel in their immunity, but rub our noses in it.

Take for example when Hillary Clinton literally laughed out loud at a question about her email investigation — had to wipe her eyes, she laughed so hard. She laughed at us, at America, for being so clueless as to think she'd ever answer to our laws.

And she's still laughing, because she's right: she's untouchable. The consensus is that even though we know that the first email investigation was rigged by the FBI to clear Hillary, no one will reopen the case.

"While she [Hillary] may never face justice in a court of law, perhaps losing the presidency is a more prescient and proper punishment."

Well, of course, losing a presidential election is far more devastating than wasting away in a prison cell.

Then we have that pathetic excuse for a human being, James Comey, gloating over the I.G. report that issued a verbal slap on the wrist for his infractions.

Comey: "And to all those who've spent two years talking about me 'going to jail' or being a 'liar and a leaker' — ask yourselves why you still trust people who gave you bad info for so long, including the president."

But no worries: Comey will pay when the FISA abuse report comes out.

Or not: Washington insiders are now foreshadowing immunity for the entire cabal, saying that, "sadly," these lawbreakers probably won't be prosecuted. That's not sad; it's terrifying. If we can't indict and prosecute these clowns who have conspired to overthrow our government, who have committed the most egregious political crime in history, then stick a fork in our Republic. We're done.

But what can we do? Actually, this whole strung out Spygate nightmare is an exercise to ensure we do nothing. Washington isn't a swamp; it's a sewer, and the rats that inhabit it are never going to allow their comrades to be indicted.

So why would our government strive to calm the masses rather than prosecute the traitors? Because if the real bad guys are locked up, there would be a cataclysmic backlash from the three families of the Washington mafia. The media would squeal like stuck pigs. Those are their guys, after all. Congress would lash out, threaten mutiny; they hardly have clean hands. And the Deep State would gnash their teeth and fight like a wounded animal as they would metaphorically die should justice prevail.......
"President Trump has kept many of his promises, but there's one still hanging out there. In the second presidential debate, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton had the following exchange:

Clinton: You know, it's just awfully good that someone with the temperament of Donald Trump is not in charge of the law in our country.

Trump: Because you'd be in jail.

That's the promise you must keep, Mr. President. Otherwise, all your accomplishments, the economy, our strong military, our embassy in Jerusalem, the border wall, all will be taken away when the next lawless Hillary steals an election or the next attempt to overthrow our government succeeds.

Oh, I know: cut the drama, it's happening, really. The bad guys are going down, justice is coming, the guilty will pay, and the check's in the mail."

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting High Zone. I hope the article is wrong but we have allowed the justice system to be corrupted beyond our control. The poor among us are subject to a $285.00 fine for missing a court date in the local "court". It is total madness to suck the poor dry and never let them get above the water line. A very good friend of mine is an attorney and he said it is beyond fixing without the legislature passing a lot of laws to control the issues.

At least our Attorney General cracked down on the speed traps found in just about every small town around here.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The article sums it up exactly. Somewhere back in time I posted the debate exchange cited in the article between Trump and Clinton in one of the threads here and commented that if Trump didn’t keep that promise the rest don’t matter. All the good things he’s done for the country to this point can be undone just as quickly when the next commie gets in office and they will get in office again as long as the gate to treason and government over throw is left open as it looks like it will be.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
lastmanstanding :
quote:
All the good things he’s done for the country to this point can be undone just as quickly when the next commie gets in office and they will get in office again as long as the gate to treason and government over throw is left open......."

=========================================

^^^^^ That sums it up PRECICELY!

If the deep state gets away with this, the future of our Republic is in the toilet.

Failure to prosecute all these commie traitors will open the floodgates for future misdeeds. Indeed, - IF THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH TREASON THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING in the future. The precedent will be set, and followed religiously by all the DC Swampcreatures.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Andy McCarthy's book "Ball of Collusion" appears to be very good. (I have only read a little so far.)

Here is one small piece from the book.

While Clinton keeps raising Donald Trump coordination/collision w Russia, do you recall Skolkovo ?

The U.S. Army Foreign Military Studies Program at Fort Leavenworth concluded in 2013: “Skolkovo is arguably an overt alternative to clandestine industrial espionage.”

Why go through the trouble of setting up and executing a complicated espionage operation when you can easily buy the information through "donations" to the Clintons? All one needs is to be labeled as a "legitimate businessman." I'm sure things worked like this in Arkansas all the time.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10195 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I somehow missed the Skolkovo story. Thanks for mentioning it. I look forward to reading Andy’s book.

Posts: 18067 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“To launch a counter-intelligence investigation on an American citizen, like Carter Page, the Department of Justice applies to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court. All warrants require accuracy and integrity, but those to the FISA court should meet an even-higher standard. Why? Because, unlike criminal warrants, FISA warrants remain hidden. The goal is to “spy on spies,” not haul them into court, so the application will remain secret, never challenged by a defense attorney at trial.
……
Apparently, the court turned down the initial application — a very rare event — so the FBI and DoJ tried again. This time they bulked up the application with details from Christopher Steele’s dirty dossier. The dossier was paid for by Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the Democratic National Committee, using two cut-outs (the DNC’s law firm, Perkins Coie, and the opposition research firm it hired, Glenn Simpson’s FusionGPS). The FBI’s second-in-command, Andrew McCabe, told Congress that the warrant would not have been granted without the dossier…”

Much more follows.

www.realclearpolitics.com/arti...sa_abuse_141157.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The Flynn defense team is asking for more govt doc's that might show exculpatory info

Michael Flynn's lawyer has asked the court for the following information: (quite a list)

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
McCabe is recommended for indictment...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fed...ccabe-174320561.html

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw that this morning, and it made my day. The wheels of justice turn slowly, but I believe that they are still turning!!! Now if they can just get McCabe to make a deal, and spill his guts, we will be off to the races.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
James Comey tweet from 9 Sep:

"In 1867, Frederick Douglass said: “Our government may at some time be in the hands of a bad man... We ought to have our government so shaped that even when in the hands of a bad man we shall be safe.” Did we shape it well enough? The test is underway."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jimbo,

The "bad man" was Barack Obama.

"Did we shape it well enough?"

We'll see.

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
James Comey tweet from 9 Sep:

"In 1867, Frederick Douglass said: “Our government may at some time be in the hands of a bad man... We ought to have our government so shaped that even when in the hands of a bad man we shall be safe.” Did we shape it well enough? The test is underway."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jimbo,

The "bad man" was Barack Obama.

"Did we shape it well enough?"

We'll see.

They had the Gallows in 1867...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
"the three families of the Washington mafia"

Please? Who?

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somethings afoot here. Jessie Liu who recommended the "unspecified charges" has long been a protector of the deep state bad actors. So what has motivated her to move forward now? Is this the start of the deep state egg being cracked? Or is this just the start of the wrist slap to come to close the books on this?

"Recommended unspecified charges" is a long, long way from any kind of real justice or even charges as far as that goes. Nothing to get excited about here but let's see where this goes.

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
^^^
Oh I completely agree. Liu is as dirty as they come. Something is up, and it's not the "pure as the driven snow" quest for justice by the DOJ.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
^^^
Oh I completely agree. Liu is as dirty as they come. Something is up, and it's not the "pure as the driven snow" quest for justice by the DOJ.

I'd love to think Barr's DOJ has been doing due diligence to bring real justice to all the traitors and brought pressure on Liu to start moving or else but we all know that's wishful thinking to the extreme. I think this is just a way to close the books on this thing with McCabe and move on. No harm no foul as usual.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Kim Strassel of WSJ nails it again.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a...487fa4b5ed1ee2d71b84

About That Russian ‘Spy’
These stories always seem to leak at the most convenient times—for the FBI.

Since the start of the Trump-Russia collusion fantasy, we’ve seen a pattern: On the eve of any report or fact that might undermine that narrative, the forces behind the FBI investigation leak a “bombshell” claim designed to further justify their actions. Bear this in mind when reading the new desperate—and highly irresponsible—reports about that supposed “high-value” Russian spy.

First CNN, and now a volley of outlets, are claiming that the U.S. government in 2017 was forced to pull out—or “exfiltrate”—a supremely covert Russian source. According to reports, this source had sent information to the U.S. for decades, had risen high in the Russian national-security infrastructure, and had access to Russian President Vladimir Putin. More notable: All the stories, to the last, stress that this source was crucial to U.S. intelligence officials’ alarm and reaction to Russian interference in the 2016 election.

A fight has since broken out over the reason the U.S. moved to extract the source. CNN (ludicrously) claims it is because President Donald Trump mishandled classified information. Every other outlet cites officials noting their concern that the U.S. media (in thrall to the collusion narrative) might blow the source’s cover. But this brouhaha is a side issue to the vastly more consequential point: There’s a reason this story is appearing now, and therefore a reason to doubt its full accuracy.

At the beginning of 2018, as Republicans prepared to expose the degree to which the Clinton-funded Steele dossier had informed the FBI’s Trump counterintelligence investigation, the leakers suddenly put out a new claim: It wasn’t the dossier that mattered but a curious episode involving a third-tier Trump aide named George Papadopoulos. When, in the spring of 2018, conservative media discovered that the FBI had employed a spy against the Trump campaign, the leakers got out ahead. The ensuing stories blew the identity of the (ahem) “informant,” and cast the spying in the most positive, patriotic light.

And hey, ho, here we are on the eve of a Justice Department inspector general’s report that may well render a dim view of the FBI’s decision to obtain surveillance warrants against U.S. citizens based on opposition research from the rival political campaign. And suddenly, the very same reporters and media outlets that brought us those collusion doozies are reporting (based, again, on anonymous “former” officials) that actually the U.S. intelligence community had far more than just a dossier! It had a supersecret Russian spy! Of course it knew what it was doing!

Even aside from the timing, there are reasons to be skeptical of these reports. Don’t forget, any number of Republicans were wary of Mr. Putin well before 2016, and were dogging CIA director John Brennan for details of the autocrat’s intentions. Congressional Republicans tell me they’ve never seen any intelligence product that suggests U.S. officials received regular reports from a highly placed Russian source on the subjects at issue.

Nothing in this story adds up or speaks well of U.S. intelligence agencies. Presumably, any high-ranking source would have been able to disavow what we now know are the dossier’s false claims of a sprawling Kremlin-Trump plot that involved Mr. Putin, Paul Manafort, Carter Page, Michael Cohen, the Rosneft oil company and many Russian government officials and oligarchs. Yet the FBI proceeded as if the dossier were true. Either the superspy missed the obvious, or the superspy wasn’t that high-up, or U.S. intelligence didn’t think much of what the superspy had to say.

It’s possible the reports contain an element of truth—potentially blown up to provide cover for the rogue counterintelligence investigation into the Trump campaign. I have no direct reporting on the source. Yet the cynical decision to leak this information has already had grave consequences. Within a day, reporters were outside the D.C. home of a man assumed to be the source—in possession of his name, history and background. Western sources whose covers are blown go on to write books. Russian sources who defect or who are exposed as spies end up poisoned or dead. This is among the most egregious leaks in modern history.

Which means the CIA and the Justice Department have an obligation. First, to set the record straight about this source—to the extent they can. Second, to make clear that they are prioritizing a leak investigation—to track down, charge and send to jail those who helped to expose (in their own words) a vital Russian asset. Especially because this leak wasn’t done with any useful purpose. It was done with the craven and cowardly goal of shifting a political narrative.

We keep hearing from the supporters of former FBI Director Jim Comey and Mr. Brennan about their supposed nobility and high-mindedness. They say their only interest is in safeguarding the country. Maybe at some point they could act like they mean it.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
IG submitted the FISA report to Barr. 6-8 weeks for review, and we might see some of it. Like the date and final signature, I'm sure the rest will be redacted to protect the corrupt.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-to-attorney-general

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
mbinky,

I share your frustration, but I believe AG Barr will come thru for us. FBI Dir Wray is a wuss who will attempt max redactions. Hopefully Barr will over rule Wray.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer...of-fisa-abuse-report

John Solomon reports that his sources are telling him that "important" records could be released sometime this month.

"To get how bad the situation is, you need those documents to be declassified," the investigative reporter said. "We've been talking about those buckets for a long time. I am hearing that the Justice Department is nearing a decision to release 10 or 12 of the most important documents before the ... IG report comes out, that will allow all of us to see how bad it was before we see the IG's conclusions. I think that could happen later this month."