SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Remember who recommended Wray - Rosenstein.

As I have said many times this is all designed to run out the clock. They were successful in shutting down the house investigators by taking it in 2018 and this is the same tactic.

Personally my expectations for what Barr actually accomplishes are very low. I don't expect to see any indictments of principal players. I expect a "bad dog tsk tsk tsk" report with promises that it will never happen again. Kind of like Sessions with the IRS targeting.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
diGenova as per feersum dreadnought's post says release of declassification starts tomorrow among some other big statements about criminal investigations with grand jury's involved. If so this is damn big news. I haven't seen it anywhere else. Nothing on Fox and I didn't hear Limbaugh mention it. Sometimes I think him and Sundance get ahead of themselves on their reporting. Being I'm not seeing or hearing anything like it anywhere else I'm doubtful anything is imminent for tomorrow but we are all well trained to sit on the edge of our seats and wait aren't we?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I like DiGenova, but wasn't he saying similar things after Sessions appointed Huber? And we know how that turned out....

Waiting on the IG report? That won't be worth the paper it is printed on (kind of like all the others and any criminal referral by a republican). Convenient how the release keeps getting delayed...so far we have gone from May to "maybe" September. Who wants to bet it will push into 2020?

Until Barr holds a press conference and announces indictments I won't believe anything anyone says.

And the clock is ticking....

Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
I wonder when Uncle Trump will fire Wray? After the 2020 elections? Anyone know why he has not fired him yet? Regards 18DAI

============================================

I wonder the same thing. Wray has all the appearances of being a swamp creature. Why is he still there?

There must be some strategy in keeping him around, but what????

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Interesting:

“Senior intelligence officials in the United States and the United Kingdom had text conversations about 'our strange situation' as the FBI launched its investigation into whether Donald Trump's presidential campaign was colluding with Russia.

Text messages between then-FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe and his counterpart in Britain's MI5, Jeremy Fleming, were brought to light by the Guardian on Tuesday.

The correspondence raises questions about the UK's role in the early stages of the Russia probe amid heightened tensions between the American and British officials…”

https://mol.im/a/7303497

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Long, but worth watching. Nothing really earth shattering (if you've read this thread), just expanding on his comments from Muller testimony.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/O1SRewzntE0

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Did I just hear that IG Horowitz has recommended prosecution of Comey? I walked back into my room with the tv on right at the end of whatever Hannity was saying.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Did I just hear that IG Horowitz has recommended prosecution of Comey? I walked back into my room with the tv on right at the end of whatever Hannity was saying.

DOJ declined to prosecute.

More potentially bigger stuff coming from the IG though.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Bongino is going to be all over this on his show tomorrow. He'll be fired up.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:

Kinda, sorta..., but this doesn't sound too promising.

https://thehill.com/opinion/ju...his-time-for-leaking

Inspector General (IG) Michael Horowitz’s team referred Comey for possible prosecution under the classified information protection laws, but Department of Justice (DOJ) prosecutors working for Attorney General William Barr reportedly have decided to decline prosecution — a decision that’s likely to upset Comey's conservative critics.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
quote:

DOJ declined to prosecute.

More potentially bigger stuff coming from the IG though.
There is speculation that they are holding back for the big hammer to swing.
I’ve got to believe this is true.
Tick-tock, tick-tick, James your time is coming.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
From the link above to John Solomon article:

Prosecutors found the IG’s findings compelling but decided not to bring charges because they did not believe they had enough evidence of Comey’s intent to violate the law

The concerns stem from the fact that one memo that Comey leaked to a friend specifically to be published by the media — as he admitted in congressional testimony — contained information classified at the lowest level of “confidential,” and that classification was made by the FBI after Comey had transmitted the information, the sources said.

Although a technical violation, the DOJ did not want to “make its first case against the Russia investigators with such thin margins and look petty and vindictive,” a source told me, explaining the DOJ’s rationale.

But Comey and others inside the FBI and the DOJ during his tenure still face legal jeopardy in ongoing probes by the IG and Barr-appointed special prosecutor John Durham. Those investigations are focused on the origins of the Russia investigation that included a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant targeting the Trump campaign at the end of the 2016 election, the source said.

While they cautioned that the IG’s final report won’t be complete until it gets feedback from Comey’s lawyers in the next few days, it is expected to conclude that the former FBI director improperly took with him memos that were FBI property when he was fired, transmitted classified information via an insecure email account, and shared some of the memos with his private lawyers. Some of the Comey memos were classified up to the “secret” level, but the FBI has not disclosed whether those were shared with his lawyers like the classified confidential memo was.

The memos, which mostly recount Comey’s interactions with Trump in the Russia case and include information about foreign leaders, were sensitive enough to require government officials to send a professional “scrub team” to a Comey lawyer’s office to ensure all classified information was deleted, sources previously told me.

In addition, the IG is likely to find that Comey engaged in a lack of candor when FBI agents came to retrieve the classified memos in his possession, failing to tell the interviewing agent that he had forwarded some of the sensitive memos by email, according to sources familiar with the probe.

Posts: 19562 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Once again "intent" is NOT required to violate classification laws. Hell Comey admitted he passed the memos to his friend with the intent of getting a special council appointed. How much more intent do you need??? But no matter. It has been evident for years that no principal player will ever be held accountable. Besides showing what a joke the "just-us" system in this country is gives the left and people who might be on the fence a big talking point. For years the republicans have been talking about a "coup" and the "deep state". All a leftist has to say is "if any of this is true why hasn't anyone been arrested"? Until someone is held accountable none of this is real. It is all just one big republican conspiracy theory. Mueller charged people, put them in jail. So far TWO republican appointed AG's haven't done a thing in almost 3 years. Must be FAKE NEWS.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mbinky,

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Well yesterday came and went without any of the declassified documents released. You know what happens when you pronounce certain things to happen on a specific day and it doesn’t happen? Mr. Digenova? You lose credibility. A lot of it.
Take a breath Joe and try to curb your enthusiasm a bit more in the future because when you do this shit it pisses me off and makes you look like a reporter for the Enquirer!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m cynical. I’ll have to see it happen. Justice I mean. Is Barr really the man to make it happen?

I see little evidence of progress other than wishful thinking from Fox prognosticators. If there is such damning evidence, where are the handcuffs and perp walks?

Maybe a few low level folks get snagged as scapecoats but I’m doubtful the real brass will get dinged.

Hope I’m wrong.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Yes DiGenova got too excited about a report coming out.

Conservative Treehouse has posted that they suspect a DoJ IG (Horowitz) report is about to be released on James Comey's misuse of notes he made about meetings w President Trump.

(This is the report John Solomon just wrote about)

CTH describes the process for releasing a report. They believe we are in the OIG Principal Review Stage. That means the people that are addressed in the report (such as Comey) get a chance to review it and comment back.

CTH notes that for the 2018 IG report on McCabe, the IG gave the principal a week to review, and then published the report 2 days after comments were submitted. CTH is guessing we are within a week time window.

As a reminder, after the conartist Comey used his friend Daniel Richman to give the notes to the NYT, Comey later said that Richman was his attorney. That created investigative issues of attorney-client privilege. Comey learned that trick well from Clinton and lawyer Cheryl Mills.

https://theconservativetreehou...any-day/#more-167342

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
John Solomon was on Hannity Thursday night.

Solomon:

I can report absolutely that the Durham investigators have now obtained an audio-taped deposition of Joseph Mifsud where he describes his work, why he targeted Papadopoulos, who directed him to do that, what directions he was given and why he set that entire process of introducing George Papadopoulos to Russia in motion in March of 2016. Which is really the flashpoint the start point of this whole Russia collusion narrative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...inue=2&v=0FGzYpJTieg

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Saw this today.

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Man, come on! I'm ready to get this party started!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it's time to drag out the book and re-read it.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post