SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    #WalkAway Campaign - Growing Movement Of Democratics Leaving The Party
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

#WalkAway Campaign - Growing Movement Of Democratics Leaving The Party Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
^^^^^
Obviously a Russian bot. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Those crafty Russians. Who knew that they could program a bot to be gay and Argentinian? I mean, New Age music can be composed by algorithm, but gay and Argentinian?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I just went down the # walk away youtube rabbit hole and I have to say I like what I'm hearing...

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/dl9bFseo6fI

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
#WINNING Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
#WINNING Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not tired of winning Big Grin

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/a...s-walkaway-movement/

Wisconsin GOP Senate candidate promotes #WalkAway movement, is spurned by Democrat parents

By Seth McLaughlin - The Washington Times - Monday, July 16, 2018
GOP Senate candidate Kevin Nicholson is holding up his political split with his parents over their ideological differences in Wisconsin as a way to urge others born into Democratic families to join the #walkaway movement and abandon “the intolerance of a political philosophy that stands on the false platform of tolerance.”
Mr. Nicholson is running for the party’s nomination against state Sen Leah Vukmir in the Aug. 14 primary, and the winner will take on Democratic Sen. Tammy Baldwin in Wisconsin.
Mr. Nicholson, a former Marine, also is running in a way against his Democratic parents, who he says have turned their back on him and his family over his embrace of conservatism and says each of them cut the maximum $2,700 checks for Mrs. Baldwin’s re-election.
“I don’t enjoy talking about this highly personal experience, but as I see the #WalkAway movement gain momentum, I feel compelled to share my story,” Mr. Nicholson said in a Fox News op-ed. “As #WalkAway grows, conservatives need to reach out to those who were raised to believe in a Democrat Party and a liberal political philosophy that does nothing to make them more successful.”
The hashtag is part of an online campaign that serves as a platform for people to share their stories of why they have left the Democratic Party.
The campaign’s Facebook page says it also is a venue for “the silent majority” on the right to challenge the “narrative that everybody on the right is a bigot, a racist, a homophobe, a misogynist, etc.”

In his op-ed, Mr. Nicholson said a lot of people are worried about the pushback they would face if they ditch the Democratic Party and says conservatives should welcome those people with open arms.
“If you’ve decided to #WalkAway or plan to, I encourage you to find strength in those who have already walked the path,” he wrote. “Find strength in the principles of conservatism that are founded in faith, liberty, and the Constitution.”
Mrs. Baldwin is favored to defend her seat, according to political handicappers. President Trump won Wisconsin in the 2016 presidential race.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The GOP establishment better be careful what they wish for. This is somewhat like the Libertarians or the Ross Perot voters. Both have taken large chunks of voters in some past elections.
It would be nice if there could be a viable third party that could be a realistic alternative that rejects both the hard right and hard left.

Posts: 9511 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
The GOP establishment better be careful what they wish for.
OK, so, we don't want any of this happening, right?

Some of you guys can find the worst in anything.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
The GOP establishment better be careful what they wish for. This is somewhat like the Libertarians or the Ross Perot voters. Both have taken large chunks of voters in some past elections.
It would be nice if there could be a viable third party that could be a realistic alternative that rejects both the hard right and hard left.

No, this is nothing like Perot. Republicans are not losing voters thru WalkAway, Democrats are. If they decide to join the Republican Party, great, more power hopefully to Trump. If they decide to join some other 3rd party entity, great because they are no longer Democrats.

I see it as a win-win for our side.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

You understand this is people shunning leftism, right? And you think this could somehow be a bad thing?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Some of the people commenting in this thread really need to take the time and watch some of these videos first, because it’s painfully clear that some of you haven’t.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It’s ok to be optimistic.

The #walkaway videos I’ve seen leave me with a feeling of optimism.

The left is the party of intellectual laziness, strife, jealousy and hatred. The more people open their eyes the better I feel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
It is nice to see so many folks not only coming to their senses, but advertising the fact.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
It is nice to see so many folks not only coming to their senses, but advertising the fact.

That's the important point. One person realizing what's happening in the Democrat Party and their allies in the MSM and then making a change changes just one vote. That same one person realizing that, telling their story to those in their social circle and beyond, and then encouraging those others to have the courage to do the same could potentially help change many votes and many lives.

Let's hope this trend continues.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
The GOP establishment better be careful what they wish for.
OK, so, we don't want any of this happening, right?

Some of you guys can find the worst in anything.

Maybe I didn't make my point well.
I didn't mean it as a negative thing at all. I'm glad the more reasonable people that may still identify as Democrats seem to be recognizing how far the party they identified with in the past has become more and more irrational and extreme. Even people that I think of as too far left like Dianne Feinstein are being marginalized because they aren't left enough.
I have no problem with the gift they seem to be giving us.

Posts: 9511 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post