Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FSU Fans Login/Join 
posted
Jimbo has left the building.

Hope you have better luck than UF has had. 10 years in the toilet. I have high hopes for Mullen, wonder how is left for FSU at this late date.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Where is the UT thread? Those are the folks I want to hear from!!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:

I'm not a UT fan, but living here now has been extremely entertaining the past several weeks. You could not submit this as a script because no one would believe it. Way more drama than Game of Thrones - press conference starting in just a couple of minutes. It's been crazy.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Jimbo thought the boosters were easier in Texas, he’s about to get surprised.

Or something is about to get revealed at FSU.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post

To the OP topic, A&M needs a reality check. A historical, real-world reality check.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see him try to find some happiness elsewhere. Since his divorce, he has not been the same person. Best of luck to him. Now we can get back down to business.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never personally been a Jimbo Fisher fan, but hope he finds peace & does well in College Station.

On a completely different note, Lane Kiffen is pretty handy on Twitter. Smile

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:
I've never personally been a Jimbo Fisher fan, but hope he finds peace & does well in College Station.
Not likely.

A&M has delusions of grandeur. They were a 2nd tier team in the Big 12, moved the SEC, got lucky one year (once in a generation player and had to cover up a lot of nonsense to keep him eligible), and are back to a 2nd tier team.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
The story deepens as AD Currie has been removed from duties as AD and Phillip Fulmer has been hired.

I think Currie lasted 9 months. Be curious to see if he was fired for cause or not. Apparently there was a meeting that turned ugly and he was out.

Not sure what Fulmer can do at this point. Maybe appoint Brady Holke as interim head coach to buy them a year.

I wonder if Les Miles is getting ready to enter the picture. I also wonder if John Chavis would be willing to come back and work for Phil and Les...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Rumor is that Fulmer was f'ing with the coaching selection in order to get Currie fired and for Fulmer to get the job...

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMu...s/936614721284911104

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
FSU alum and have always been pissed about how Bobby Bowden was treated, but also thought Jimbo was overrated so not sorry to see him go.

Now if my school will make a smart choice to replace him and not recycle someone who has failed elsewhere...

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quirky Lurker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poacher:
FSU alum and have always been pissed about how Bobby Bowden was treated, but also thought Jimbo was overrated so not sorry to see him go.

Now if my school will make a smart choice to replace him and not recycle someone who has failed elsewhere...

FSU Alum here too and I think they waited too long to dump Bobby. I appreciate all his accomplishments and contributions, but the last few years he was retired on active duty, wasn’t as engaged as he was in years past and couldn’t draw the recruits like he used too. Maybe he wasn’t trying or maybe it was because some didn’t want to commit not knowing how long he would be around, who knows.

I fall into the camp that he was coasting while collecting a sizeable check and disrespected himself, the team and FSU by not bowing out gracefully. At the end of the day, money talks and the people that had it (Boosters)got tired of the team losing and his half assed efforts.

I do agree with you about Jimbo though....

Posts: 869 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:

To the OP topic, A&M needs a reality check. A historical, real-world reality check.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
quote:

Apologies to fans of WE Are Marshall.

SECRETARY
Actually, I did get a call this
morning. Hold on...here we are.
From a Jack Lengyel at the College
of Wooster. Said he wants to
interview.
PHIL FULMER
Where in the world is Wooster?
She holds out the phone message.
SECRETARY
Does it really matter?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:
Jimbo has left the building.

Hope you have better luck than UF has had. 10 years in the toilet. I have high hopes for Mullen, wonder how is left for FSU at this late date.

Jimbo's not even coaching the last game.

Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

posted Hide Post
quote:

Shut the fuck up Donnie!!

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Life long FSU fan here. Not sorry to see Jimbo go in the least. The man has played fast and loose with the rules in Tallahassee, covering for the thugs he recruited, and karma has finally come his way. And good luck in Union Station pal. I predict about two seasons there before he's looking for another job.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
And good luck in Union Station pal. I predict about two seasons there before he's looking for another job.

Texas A&M hasn’t been good since they fired Alison Krause Big Grin

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Life long FSU fan here. Not sorry to see Jimbo go in the least. The man has played fast and loose with the rules in Tallahassee, covering for the thugs he recruited, and karma has finally come his way. And good luck in Union Station pal. I predict about two seasons there before he's looking for another job.

Well Jimbo will be ok as I read his contract is fully guaranteed for $75 million. Yikes!!!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post