SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Build your own custom Seiko SKX007
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Build your own custom Seiko SKX007 Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
I found a pretty cool website that lets you design your own custom Seiko SKX007. This one is an odd combo of a Flieger / aviation dial in a blacked out SKX diver case. The watch is hotrodded a bit in that it has been upgraded with a NH35A movement so it has hacking and hand winding which is definitely an improvement over the standard 7S26 movement which has neither.

Mad Mod World

It took about 4-5 weeks but it was worth the wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I fear THAT link is going to cost me a few bucks! Thanks....Love the Watch!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The lume on this dial is sweet!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool. I'll need to check that out.

Posts: 794 | Location: York Pa. | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
I hate you..... Big Grin

Posts: 1734 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
That’s Rad! Same thing with a SKX013 case and a “Falklands” band would be great.

Posts: 9980 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
This is fairly easy to go at home with some pretty basic tools and a little trial and error. There are a number of sites that sell the bezels, inserts, dials and hands and then there is EBay as well.

That watch case was probably cerekoted.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20323 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Some of those are really nice. Some, not so much. Love this Bronze Bay look.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10493 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
There are definitely some hits and some misses.

I’m loving the NH35A movement in this SKX. I’m tempted to build another or maybe get that 6309 Turtle on their website.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
stickman, I hate you.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16273 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Cheaper than I was expecting....

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15365 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
No mix and match? They have a lot of variants, but it looks like you are limited to their pre-selected combos.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
Dang it.

That’s at least $200 out of the checking account.

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
jhe, click on the “build it” link for the SKX or planet ocean. Yeah, limited options but still some neat options. It looks like the first three watches on their home page are customizable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
If they offered a true a la cart mod service they could make a killing. I’d love an skx with upgraded NH35 movement a cool dial that maybe deleted the day wheel and had Mercedes hands with a red seconds hand with an upgraded ceramic bezel. But let me build it from a choice of options and I’ll wsit a long Or 2 and pay a few hundred for it.

Posts: 4782 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
If they offered a true a la cart mod service they could make a killing. I’d love an skx with upgraded NH35 movement a cool dial that maybe deleted the day wheel and had Mercedes hands with a red seconds hand with an upgraded ceramic bezel. But let me build it from a choice of options and I’ll wsit a long Or 2 and pay a few hundred for it.

Can't hurt to ask.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38702 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I have noticed just since I bought the modded SKX007 that they have put up two new configurators on their website. Maybe they will continue to add more customization options.

Did you try the three build your own watch configurators on their website?

I like what you are describing ElToro. Hopefully that is their plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
I found a watch on there that I really liked. I ended up ordering it but am a little concerned about their customer service. The first two emails that I sent them were answered. The last two have not been answered. I assume that I'll receive the watch since you did, but I'm not feeling real warm and fuzzy about their CS.

Posts: 794 | Location: York Pa. | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Strange. I emailed them twice (tried to message them on their message app on the site but it was late and no one was there) and both times I got a response within 1-2 days.

It took about 5 weeks but the watch did show up and I’m quite happy with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
wbw, did you ever hear back from them?

I just ordered the 6309 patina turtle mod and in the notes section put in a request for the language of the day wheel and to my surprise one of the options I requested was possible and mentioned in the invoice. Pretty cool!

I REALLY like the modded SKX007 I built on their configurator. My only gripe is that I probably should have configured a mod watch that didn’t delete the day/date function. It looks cool but I miss the day/date window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~