SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Build your own custom Seiko SKX007
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Build your own custom Seiko SKX007 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I heard back from them the first two times I emailed. The last two times they never responded. My questions were regarding buying the watch with the new NH36A movement and how to pay for that. They never answered but I went ahead and ordered it anyway thinking that there may be a way to add notes to the order, and there were as you just mentioned. So I ordered and a few days later received an invoice by email for the $39 for the new movement. The watch is a pre-sale so it will be about four more weeks to receive the watch. I felt fairly safe ordering with them since you received yours and were happy with it. It would have been nice if they had replied to all inquiries though.

The link below is to the watch that I ordered. I couldn't seem to get the picture to post.

Thanks for starting this thread. I would not have known about this. I was trying to slow down with the watch buying, but this one should come in time for my birthday and my wife didn't know what to get me. So it works out.

https://madmodworld.com/produc...anet-ocean-po-hands/

Posts: 794 | Location: York Pa. | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That’s a great looking watch! I love orange, gray and black. The orange second hand is also a nice touch. I almost configured one very similar to that but it had an orange chapter ring.

The 6309 is one of my favorites. I’m wearing a modded 1984 6309-729A today. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21134 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like that. That 'saw tooth' bezel edge is interesting. It's been a while since I've seen that. I like the bracelet too.

I love Seikos. I have two automatics and a quartz perpetual calendar with the 8F56 movement and Titanium bracelet. The 8F56 quartz crystal vibrates twice as fast as a normal quartz crystal which makes it more accurate.

One of my autos is a limited edition Ninja Samurai SNM017K1 which I love. I bought it used off of a guy on a watch forum.

Seiko has the best lume in the business.

I stopped looking at watches and watch forums a few years ago so that I would stop buying. You got me back into it Smile

Posts: 794 | Location: York Pa. | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
wbw, you are right about the lume on Seiko watches. I wear a watch 24/7 (even in bed) and there have been a few times I’ve gotten up at 2-4 am to investigate a noise made by one of my miscreant cats and even in the early morning I can still tell what time it is thanks to that incredibly long lasting lume.

Citizen uses a neat blue/green lume on their eco drives and autos but in my experience it doesn’t glow nearly as bright or last as long as seiko.

Seiko SKX007 left and Citizen Promaster Diver (Automatic) on the right. They are quite bright at first but after only a few minutes the citizen was noticeably dimmer than the Seiko. I should have taken more pics showing the difference after a few minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21134 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I got my blacked out 6309 Turtle from Mad Mod World today. Big Grin I swapped the brown leather strap for a black mesh band. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
wbw, Did you get your watch yet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new one. Looks great.

Yes I did get mine. About April 10. I love it and have been wearing everyday since. It looks great. It's actually more accurate than my other two Seikos. But it seems to be gaining more time than it did the first week. At first it gained about 30 seconds a week, or about four seconds a day. It now seems to be closer to a minute a week. No problem though. I opted for the new NH36A movement. Maybe it's speeding up slightly as it wears in.

Thanks for turning me on to Mad Mod.