SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Reba McEntire becomes KFC's first female Colonel Sanders
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reba McEntire becomes KFC's first female Colonel Sanders Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Video at link: Razz

Nothing but respect for #MyColonelSanders, Reba McEntire. The country singer broke the fast-food mascot patriarchy by becoming the first female Colonel Harland Sanders for KFC.

“Oh please ignore any likeness to famous country singers,” McEntire sings in the first commercial for her new gig. “I’m definitely not a woman.”

This promo precedes many more to come with the music superstar promoting the chain’s new Smoky Mountain BBQ fried chicken. Rob Lowe, George Hamilton, Darrell Hammond, and Jim Gaffigan are among the all-male actors who’ve portrayed the Colonel in the past. But this is the dawn of a new day.

McEntire teased her transformation on social media with a photo from her makeup chair.

“I’m Colonel Sanders, the same as always. Absolutely nothing’s changed,” she sings. One thing that certainly hasn’t is the tagline: “It’s finger-lickin’ good.”

http://ew.com/music/2018/01/26...kfc-colonel-sanders/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I hope KFC goes out of business. I'm sick of their stupid shit.

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I hope KFC goes out of business. I'm sick of their stupid shit.

We've got one down and one to go in our area.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Bojangles or Chic-Fil-A all day long. I can't stand KFC.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
OK, now what is this nonsense?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I guess the last album didn't do that well.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
It was a gospel album.

Posts: 11165 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Like the food, hate the commercials with the ersatz Colonels. Just put a large portrait of him in the background or something.

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Yep, KFC has absolutely lost its mind, along with its customers. And down the drain they go.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
If their food was better they wouldn't need those pathetic commercials.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I haven’t had KFC in 10+ years. Never tried Bojangles and have no intention of doing so. I used to like Popeyes way back in the day but I’m
Not gonna go out of my way to have any. Fast food in general isn’t my cup of tea.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
Popeye's does much more business and I like their chicken more than KFC. Unfortunately, they do not have a lot restaurants in my immediate area.

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2079 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Hmmm

1. I thought it was funny
2. Still a bit creepy though even for KFC
3. Why are they so desperate to do crazy crap in commercials.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The commercials don't do anything to induce me to patronize KFC. It's been 20 years probably, since I set foot in one. The multiple colonels used to been mildly entertaining. Now it is just annoying.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
It was a gospel album.

...and it won a Grammy the other day.

But the commercial... sigh... is AWFUL.

With a net worth of 95 million she should have just said NO to KFC.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JordanR
posted Hide Post
Just saw that commercial, gotta say it was a little creepy.

“We’re going to win so much. You’re going to get tired of winning. You’re going to say, ‘Please, Mr. President, I have a headache. Please, don’t win so much,’” he vowed.

Posts: 564 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKg3:
Popeye's does much more business and I like their chicken more than KFC. Unfortunately, they do not have a lot restaurants in my immediate area.

Mike
I love Popeye's spicy chicken and we have three of their restaurants in reasonable driving distance. Unfortunately, not one of them is staffed with employees who give a damn about anything, least of all your order. I reluctantly have written them off as a lost cause. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Reba was pretty cute as the Colonel.

I still don't like their chicken that much.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They're ashamed of their product. The name of the business used to be Kentucky FRIED Chicken, but they changed it to "KFC" because they're ashamed.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
@cparktd

Of course it did. It was an opportunity to bring eyes to the Grammys!

Did you really think any of the other nominees(The Collingsworth Family, Larry Cordle, Joseph Habedank, Karen Peck and New River) had a chance against a country legend like Reba McEntire?

Instead of giving it to someone that's dedicated themselves to their genre they gave it to Reba because on a whim she decided to make a gospel album.

I don't have a problem with her doing a gospel album, but she should have not accepted that award.

Posts: 11165 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post