SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My 2.5yr old grandson has Stage 4 Cancer Update 3-15-21 Pg18. Was cancer free for 6 months, Cancer has returned, Beat cancer a second time!
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My 2.5yr old grandson has Stage 4 Cancer Update 3-15-21 Pg18. Was cancer free for 6 months, Cancer has returned, Beat cancer a second time! Login/Join 
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Awesome news! Prayers continued.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry that this is the first time that I have seen this thread. Prayers are abundant for his continued recovery. In the early eighties, a two year old was admitted to the Ped ICU where my wife was an RN. The boy had neuroblastoma around the kidney. Many times, the family was told "If you want somebody here, better get them here in the next 24 hours". Each time, God's mercy came through and the young boy would have a miraculous turnaround. After years of chemo and radiation, the young boy was finally given a clean bill of health. With lots of prayers and a good sense of humor, the parents' marriage survived and thrived through the years of treatment and the subsequent learning disabilities health issues. Today, that young man, almost 40, is a hard-working, successful husband and father. All of the other children being treated for this same cancer at that time did not make it. Continue to ask for God's mercy and grace - you will not be disappointed!

Posts: 466 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
Praying for you guys every night.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Surgery was a success. The docs got about 95% of the tumor removed the kidneys and all other organs remain in place and intact! Mom n dad are in visiting him now and he will spend the night in the PICU. I get to see him in a few and then off to take care of dogs and her house while mom stays the night with him.

Such an amazing day that I am so thankful for.

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by techguy:
Praying for you guys every night.

Yours is a tough journey. Praying for you too.

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Excellent news!

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Great news! Praying for you and your family for continued healing.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
This is also the first time I’ve seen this thread. First, my condolences on the tragedies you’ve seen.

But I’m happy to have read the great news that followed. I’ll keep your family in my prayers!

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Fantastic news brother. You all will remain in our prayers.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Great news about the kidney. Praying for you guys.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Surgery on Thursday and Discharged today! He is a tough little fighter. Docs will see him a for a quick follow up tomorrow afternoon and again on thursday as long as everyone is happy with labs and such. Probably start round 5 of chemo end of upcoming week or beginning of next. So basically a week of rest and relaxation for him at home with mom and me.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the updates. I got a nice smile from your pic. God bless.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a great pic sigolicious. Your post really made my day.

Posts: 7551 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wishing the best for you and your grandson. That is a good picture.

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Glad he is doing well.
Prayers sent
Thanks for that picture.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Great news. Praise God.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I dunno, I don’t think you are nearly out of the woods. That picture tells the whole story.

Clearly he is plotting his takeover of the world. I for one would keep a close eye on him and do your best to stay on his good side. I for one, welcome my new overlord. Smile.

Seriously though great news and continued prayers. Kids are tough. Way tougher mentally and physically than you or I. He will be ruling us all before you know it.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Titus looks like he just wants to go outside and play. Soon, real soon

Posts: 13259 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Praise God! Continuing to pray that the rest of your life will make up for the past.

Posts: 848 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Thank you all so much as always for the continued support and well wishes. He is awesome. I am amazed at the progress and in awe of his resilience.
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I dunno, I don’t think you are nearly out of the woods. That picture tells the whole story.

Clearly he is plotting his takeover of the world. I for one would keep a close eye on him and do your best to stay on his good side. I for one, welcome my new overlord. Smile.

Seriously though great news and continued prayers. Kids are tough. Way tougher mentally and physically than you or I. He will be ruling us all before you know it.

cslinger, no truer words spoken. To see him cruising the halls, headed to the playroom, and just being a kid having fun 2 days after being opened up and having his insides moved around to get that cancer out......All I could think was there is no way I would be doing the same thing. I'd be in bed moaning and crying for relief. Not him or the other kids, they just keep on keepin on.