SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My 2.5yr old grandson has Stage 4 Cancer Update 3-15-21 Pg18. Was cancer free for 6 months, Cancer has returned, Beat cancer a second time!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My 2.5yr old grandson has Stage 4 Cancer Update 3-15-21 Pg18. Was cancer free for 6 months, Cancer has returned, Beat cancer a second time! Login/Join 
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mboroman:
Prayers and well wishes for you and your family.

Having been through this myself, my only advice to just hang in there. As has been mentioned, kids are tougher than most folks realize. Our son was diagnosed with neuroblastoma when he was 18 months old. The cancer was found by his pediatrician during a checkup. Luckily for us the doctor had previously specialized in Pediatric Oncology at UCLA before settling into regular Pediatrics. Our son appeared to have a pot belly but the doc knew something was wrong and ordered an x-ray. He called his buddies at UCLA and we were admitted the next day. Surgery was performed a few days later and they removed a tumor the size of a man's fist from his abdominal area. It was attached to his spine and they cauterized all but the last 1/4 inch or so that reached into the spine. After that, they were unsure of how to treat it since they had caught it so early. We elceted to skip any chemo and just did checkups for 5 years. The cancer never returned and our son is now 33 and healthy.

The key to neuroblastoma is catching it early which, in your case, they apparently did. Neuroblastoma can be sinister as it tends to hide itself until it has spread, requiring extensive treatment with less than favorable odds. Our son's tumor, large as it was, was the only problem he had. The cancer had not spread to anywhere else in his body. Removing the tumor got the cancer out of his body and that was that.

This is so encouraging. Thank you Mboroman.

Thank you all for putting my family in your prayers and thinking of us. Right now I'll take all the positive I can get.

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent. Hang in there.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I can't even imagine. I have a 3.5 year old son and just thinking of him with cancer makes me want to cry.

My heart breaks for y'all. Good luck and God bless. Keep us posted.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for your grandson Titus.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers on the way for strength and healing for Titus.

Posts: 264 | Location: NW Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers to you and your family.

This story very much motivates me to make make wood turned boxes which are donated to pediatric cancer patients. Kids in cancer treatment receive “beads of courage” for their bravery of going through treatment. They may have to go through quite a few and each time they receive a hand made bead constructed from artists around the country. Those are stored in the wooden boxes.
It is a free program for kids available all over the country. Www.beadsofcourage.org

Kids are resilliant and I wish your grandson a fast recovery!

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
What horrible experiences you've had thus far. Prayers said and sent for you, your grandson, and your entire family.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent everyone’s way and strength to Titus for the tough treatment road ahead.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Cancer sucks. When children get it, it really sucks and is heartbreaking.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would kill me. My grandkids mean so much to me as I am sure they do to you.
I would also check out some natural Drs. There are different things that help, that they can help you find.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this...
As said above kids are tough and knowing that they are loved will go a long way towards his recovery...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear the bad news, but glad to hear it can be treated and the cure rate is high. Keep your head high, and be strong for your grandson. Sounds like you're a big part of his young life and he may need a father figure if his biological father is not around. Prayers sent to you and your family.

Posts: 132 | Location: PA | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My family and I are sending prayers to you and your family.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
My wife and I will be praying for Titus and the rest of your family.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to read this sigolicious. I will say a prayer for Titus tonight.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for Titus and all of your family.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Thank you all again for being kind souls and thinking and praying for our family. Titus made it through surgery yesterday and is recovering well. They took a sample from the abdominal tumor for biopsy, two bone marrow samples and installed a port for fluids and chemo. My daughter is being a champion, definitely taking it better than me. When I told her that I was proud of her for this here is what she said

quote:
I'm only doing what I know to do from you. I'm handling cause I'm a parent and Titus is counting on me. YOU taught me that. You and Mom. You do whatever the eff you need to do for your kid. That's part of parenting when you sign up for it. It's in the contract, right!

So damn proud and heartbroken at the same moment.

The hardest part of this for me is that I am a fixer, a solver. It's what I do and what I like think I am good at. My wife is sort of the same way, but she is even better because she can mix solver with emotion and knows when to hold back a little and not just jump in feet first. Right now that's what I want to do. But there is nothing for me to do besides love my kid and grandson and standby while the experts and my daughter handle this.

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank your the update on Titus and sharing your daughter’s quote.
You have a great family.

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this, and prayers up. As you noted, caught early, treated aggressively, young patient, all favorable for the highest survival rate - 95+ percent five year. God bless.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Not Great news, but an update nonetheless. The cancer in his abdomen is bad. He is currently rated at stage 4. Surgeries are not an option so he started chemo yesterday. The little guy has a battle on his hands and we are all pulling out the stops to support him in it along with our daughter.