SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pipe Smoker, here is your (previously) new avatar:
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pipe Smoker, here is your (previously) new avatar: Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
It's not resizing the avatar permanently. Your avatar is still the same size as when you uploaded it. The area where the avatar is shown is constricted to 60x60, so the forum appears to have resized it for you. And your avatar is far larger than 120x119. Not that that matters because that's still larger than the 60x60 requirement stated in the Custom Avatar upload screen.

You keep mentioning how beautiful your avatar is at full resolution. Just use the 60x60 version I made for you as your avatar and then use the original as your wallpaper, if you're so in love with looking at it.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Hooray!

Group hug?

No?

Okay then.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I suck at this type of thing, is my avatar ok?

Just trying to be a gentleman.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
That's because you're not browsing from a slow connection, as explained in my previous post.

I think it’s because he’s not using an archaic platform/browser. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:

No, but I'll fix it. Hold on.
**EDIT: Apparently, because it's on photobucket, I can't copy it to my computer to resize.
***EDIT: Nevermind, got it.

quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

Spend less time on witty remarks and more time copy-pasting the new avatar url....

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:

Yours is slightly oversized, at 285 x 264

quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

Again, it's not caused by their browser or other software, as previously explained by a couple different members. Time to engage that cognition. Wink

(Or hey, you can keep believing whatever you want to believe, as long as you fix it.)

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
FWIW yes, speed is a factor. Recently downsized my ISP service to a meager 25/3 mbps. Still works great for video streaming and since I'm not a gamer I'm well please with the cost savings from 4X faster service. BTW I'm running the latest version of Waterfox 64 bit so no, not an "archaic" browser. Frown

But yeah, members who aren't complying with the avatar size have theirs "flash" full size on my screen until the site software strangles it into a smaller view size. Pipesmoker's was just one of several that drove me bonkers as was his ignoring requests to comply. Sorry Doug, but it is what it is.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Spend less time on witty remarks and more time copy-pasting the new avatar url....

Big Grin

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Matthew03:

http://superdimension.net/gifs/matthew03.jpg

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Matthew03:

http://superdimension.net/gifs/matthew03.jpg

Thanks, Brother. I'll fix it as soon as I'm home, can not from my work computer.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Orguss, I note that your own avatar is much sharper than my new 59x60 pixel avatar. If I email you the original B&W JPG, would you make an avatar for me as sharp as yours? An 8-bit gray-scale image is fine.

Thanks!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'll see what I can do. Email it to me or just embed it for me to save from a reply post.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
That's because you're not browsing from a slow connection, as explained in my previous post.

Like me when I'm browsing from a mobile connection a few miles offshore. I can't tell how much I despise these ridiculously sized avatars some members have and then refuse to do anything about when brought to their attention. Some just grind my connection to a halt.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll see what I can do. Email it to me or just embed it for me to save from a reply post.

I just emailed it to you, but found that the original image is a TIFF rather than a JPG – hope that's OK. If not, maybe I can make a JPG from the TIFF. Thanks again.

Serious about crackers

Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
I'm constantly amazed at how forum members here will help others out with anything.

I love it here!

P.S. I think my avatar is 60x45. I hope that is what it really is.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket:
I'm constantly amazed at how forum members here will help others out with anything.

I love it here!

P.S. I think my avatar is 60x45. I hope that is what it really is.

Yeah, you're good.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Care to hook up rscalzo while you are at it Orguss?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:

Since you are in such a generous mood, could you work your magic on my original avatar. This is the best I've been able to do.

Muchas gracias.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Everyone is in the queue for work. I'm playing League right now, so I'll get to it afterward.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Best I could come up with.

http://superdimension.net/gifs/jimbo54.jpg

http://superdimension.net/gifs/pipesmoker.jpg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Orguss,