SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Red Robin Has Really Gone Downhill!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Robin Has Really Gone Downhill! Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I think Red Robin’s buns are just poor.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

My LGS is showing the same signs. They used to have an armorer on site all the time, and they cut him.

The local lumber yard closed their VERY BUSY mill shop after one employee got maimed. Thirty years ago the founder/owner gave me a credit account based on a polite request and a respectful manner. Now the grandson runs it like an accounting project. And if you want to "look at" the lumber before making a purchase ... Roll Eyes

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could the movement towards the $15 per hour minimum wage be a factor in the quality of service?

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Very small thinking takes over. Some bean counter sat down with a calculator and figured out how much closer they could get to the gun prices on Gunbroker if they cut the armorer.... Roll Eyes

Probably same kind of thing with the mill shop-- this is how much we'll save if we close it (not how much we'll lose).

Same thing with cutting the bus boys at RR.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
The RR I go to most often in Scottsdale has gone way downhill in recent months. The food is usually great, but service has gotten worse. On the last visit the fries were cold and they never get refilled even when requested. I go for happy hour once in a while and the bar service is fine, but then they're not too busy late afternoon anyway. Really wish they'd shape up. I used to love the place when they were a lot better.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I thought they had all closed...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Good. Fast. Cheap.

Pick two, and I mean Two Only.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Years ago RR was the default restaurant I would go to. At some point they switched from a basket full of steak fries with a burger on the side to a plate. The burger sizes shrank, and they gave you a salsa cup of fries. They even shut down the original location in Seattle. I stopped going.

Posts: 9964 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
We have one Red Robin in our area. We quit going several years ago when they began posting no firearms signs. It didn't apply to me, but it was still an irritation. That in addition to the really lousy service and the burgers were not that great.

Outback did the same thing. I could not convince the management of either that having legal CCW holders, who were also retired LEO, might be a good thing these days. Every month about twenty of us and spouses would meet at one restaurant or the other.

Right across the street is an Olive Garden. We're treated much better.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Red Robin has always been mediocre on the burgers. The only good part was the toppings which were actually tasty.

The only burger place that I recommend is BRGR. Most excellent burgers and shakes.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

My local Fuddrucker's just closed down.

I've loved that place since I discovered them back in 1987.
We had a great one here in Altamonte Springs, FL. My wife and I always went there for the best burger in seven counties (that's an expression I just coined). Then one day, we went for a burger and the doors were locked. There was an official looking paper that said something about tax problems. So we had no Fuddrucker's for many years.

Then, just recently, happy happy joy joy, a new Fuddreucker's appeared in the adjacent city of Apopka. I stopped in to get a burger.

Nope. Where the old one had a big chart on the wall showing burgers in varying degrees of done-ness, from rare to well done, so you could order yours just the way you want it, this place followed the trend of the new generation of boutique burger places like Burger-Fi, Five Guys, etc., and they offer their burgers two ways: medium well (translation, way over-cooked), or charred to a crisp. I left without a burger. Frown

Our Fuddruckers in Missoula closed as well recently. It was our go-to place when we went there. Too bad.

I wish Culvers and Whataburger would head north into Montana.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Years ago we went to a new one that had opened right next to my gym at the time. I enjoyed it. My wife found it passable. We subsequently stopped at another one that was between home and where we had our boat slipped, and we both found it terrible.

We haven't been back.

This is the thing that many restaurants, and other businesses, don't seem to get: All it takes is for a new customer to have a bad experience and often they simply won't be back.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silent:
Could the movement towards the $15 per hour minimum wage be a factor in the quality of service?

Silent

It was something like 22 states that raised their minimum wages, some pretty dramatically is the reason given that RR cut all busboys and expeditors. I think there’s a lot more competition than 10 years ago and people are going elsewhere for better burgers for the price too.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
not RR, which by the way HAS deteriorated drastically in both quality & service; a different local chain, known for quality restoration & repurposeing of regional historical buildings, with an otherwise decent menu finally chased us out.

We arrived just before the real lunch rush; there were still tables available; seated at 12:03, ordered SOUP OF THE DAY 12:09; coffee arrived 12:12; no sign of OUR wait-person, other busy staff; people arriving while others leaving after their meal, still some empty tables; NO SERVICE....left at 12:45 to find lunch elsewhere. HMMPFF!!!

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Ate there a few times in my brief living situation in WA state. Thought the food was very bland.. Had tried multiple things and it was always meh. When a place can’t even make a decent burger then fuck it.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
How ironic. Guess where we are going tonight. We used to go quite frequently as the boys liked it and their burgers were pretty good.
We have not been in awhile because kids are fickle and no longer wanted to go.
The other day the boy asked when we were going to go to “Red’s” again.
So we’re going tonight. I sure hope our experience is not the same as the majority here.

It’s been a long time since I had a Fuddruckers close. Sure wish we had one.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
We stopped going. They used to be good, but are now extremely overpriced garbage.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
But you got unlimited free fries with your meal!! The catch being, you can never find your waitress and by the time you can put an order in for more fries, you’ll be long gone.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Yea they’ve really dropped off, big time. 15 years ago it was a great place to dine. Now it’s horrible — dirty restaurants, poor service, food quality is way down. Sad to see.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Ate at one in South Jordan Utah while visiting my SIL. Very disappointing with mediocre food and terrible service. This was 5 years ago so hard to imagine if things have gotten worse. Much prefer Whataburger.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post