SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Red Robin Has Really Gone Downhill!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Robin Has Really Gone Downhill! Login/Join 
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Went to RR near my house w my daughter a few months back, sorta of by mistake but was pleasantly surprised. Granted my expectations were low. Service was good, food was good, wasn't super overpriced...

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I went to a Red Robin once, some years ago, to meet with some friends. Since I only eat a very basic burger (meat, lettuce, mustard, and bun) and don't eat a lot of fries, the place had no attraction for me and I never went back.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
They lost me when they went to the frozen patties for their burgers. They just taste different.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
They lost me when they went to the frozen patties for their burgers. They just taste different.

Meanwhile EVERYONE else went the other way. Even Chili's uses a nice thick fresh patty now and does the smash method of cooking it which gives it that nice crust; the last time I had a burger there was really surprised at how good it actually was. You could tell they had spies out at Five Guys and Shake Shack and other places watching how they do it.

The RR burger I had Friday night was mostly bread and topping, the sad, thin and bland patty almost seemed like an afterthought.

They better had get their shit together quick with this new CEO!

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad it's not just me who thinks the burgers are now bland. Did carry out for my old ladies birthday a while back and I was all pumped to eat that burger. It had been a really long time since I had been there and I would just about piss myself from excitement for a tower of onion rings and a burger.

No joy. Didn't know if I had had a stroke that killed off my taste buds or what, but damn that burger was bland.

Been wanting to give them another shot but I just can't get excited enough to mess with it.

And frozen patties? That's fucking amateur hour. No thanks.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My go to is now Steak and Shake.

The $4.00 menu has a fantastic variety.

No matter which location it is here, they are always crowded.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34120 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
FWIW, when we experience bad service at any business, we tell management and corporate about it. Many businesses appreciate the consumer feedback. Maybe they'll change their philosophy.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just had a burger tonight for Veteran’s Day at Chili’s and it was superior in every way to that last crappy sad burger RR gave me. It was thick, juicy, flavorful, just the right amount of bread to meat, they’ve really stepped up their game in the past few years while RR sank.

I think I’m done with RR for good now.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Chili's nails their burger. Superior to our RR.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12780 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
We would go to ours maybe once a year. Every time I would remember why I didn't come back more often. The floors were greasy as can be. Dangerously greasy. In the bathrooms, when you tried to pee at the urinal your legs would start sliding out like you are doing the splits. The dining room wasn't much better. If they can't keep floors cleans, I'd hate to see their hygiene in the kitchen.

Posts: 2518 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:
Dangerously greasy. In the bathrooms, when you tried to pee at the urinal your legs would start sliding out like you are doing the splits.

Ive been in a lot of restaurants where the floors are that slick. Nasty.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I'm encouraged to hear that Chili's is improving. They're everywhere and I had several pretty weak meals there years ago and finally gave up. I guess it's time to give them another try.

Posts: 3540 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
So have they reduced staff to the point that they no longer sing Happy Birthday? If so, I may consider giving them another try.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11768 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I have never eaten there but these comments make me want to stay away. With so many other options out there, there really isn’t much time or money to waste on a place that seemingly get so many bad reviews. We have Fuddruckers and Culvers here. Ruby Tuesday makes a pretty decent burger.

Posts: 13117 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
RR just moved into our area and we were looking forward to trying them out. We were very disappointed. It was mid afternoon on a rainy day so it was empty and the service was good but the food was mediocre at best. It was not bad but it was not good either, definitely not worth the prices they were charging. We have not been back.

I will 2nd Mars on Steak and Shake. Good food, fast service, and cheap prices. I don't eat there often but I'm always happy when I do.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3853 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
I will 2nd Mars on Steak and Shake. Good food, fast service, and cheap prices. I don't eat there often but I'm always happy when I do.

I'll throw in a vote for Freddy's.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
So have they reduced staff to the point that they no longer sing Happy Birthday? If so, I may consider giving them another try.

You know, the past 2-3 times I've been there I did not hear any singing like you'd hear before.

posted Hide Post
Am I the only one who remembers the possibly apocryphal 2004 "severed fingertip in salad" incident?

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/4457...-salad/#.XcsUvFdKiUk

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
I never could see what was so great about RR. Better food at better prices lots of places. Then I had their onion rings. Best onion rings ever. Still don't go there to eat a meal, service, prices suck; but onion rings and a beer yum.
Rod

This. My niece worked there about two years while she was living with us and got great discounts. Not enough to deviate from the onion ring and beer strategy for me. I loved her but hated that place. Finally she told them to f - off and went to work at a better place in Seattle offering better pay and hours.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I went there maybe 3 times in 8 years and never thought it was anything special at all. I can get a WAY better burger, in particular bacon cheeseburger, at a joint in the nearby hood where the owner is the cook. The fries are great there, too.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post