SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 469
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Wait till the bird learns how to make a door bell sound. Wink

LS1 GTO, though the bird is many years gone now he could imitate the phone, he'd call out "Come in" when somebody knocked on the front door, he imitated my voice perfectly, he'd do a three stooges bit...all kinds of stuff. He'd actually carry on conversations with himself all the while laughing until those listening were in stiches. He was a character!

Patrick, beautiful image of lovely Emma. If you ever get the chance, I have a thread in the Gallery of Smartphone photos, please feel free to post an image of her there also.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
It would be pretty embarrassing for me if a parrot repeated some of the things I've said. Big Grin No parrots for me.

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Jesse always liked the birds.

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
It would be pretty embarrassing for me if a parrot repeated some of the things I've said. Big Grin No parrots for me.

I used to race with a guy whose wife inherited a parrot from her parents. They were both frustrated that they couldn't teach the parrot to talk, and totally unaware that the parrot did a perfect imitation of the wife's somewhat unique laugh.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
Just to make a note: When I started this thread, I had two cats. I still do, but now they are two different cats.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8798 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
TTWWOP, Milliron, says so in the Waiver. Wink

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
My cat thinks he's a dog....

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
The panting cat is either overheated or stressed.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paragon:
The panting cat is either overheated or stressed.

Very stressed. That was us pulling in the driveway from the vet and getting a shot. He normally doesn't get so stressed. Not sure what his deal was today, but I get stressed about getting shots, so who am I to judge? Poor kitty, he's got allergies.

He is very dog-like though. Waits for me at front door; follows me where ever I go; he's my little shadow.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I'll go with stressed. One of ours pant on the way back from the vets.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
The only way my little tiger will go to the vet is a cage. And when my vet see's him they know to put on the gloves ahead of time Big Grin He doesn't pant so much but will bite the crap out of you! Other than the vet visits, he's a very sweet little fella.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
Smudge did that last year on the way to the vet. Scared the shit out of me. He is all brave at home. At the vet, he hid in the sink.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
The only way my little tiger will go to the vet is a cage. And when my vet see's him they know to put on the gloves ahead of time Big Grin He doesn't pant so much but will bite the crap out of you! Other than the vet visits, he's a very sweet little fella.

Black is a complete gentleman, he'd never bite someone, never even heard him hiss. Heck he can't even meow. He never used to get nervous about getting in the car or going to the vet. I let him roam free on the way back because he was obviously extraordinarily stressed.

He came home and was lethargic after his shot, just laid with me the rest of the night. Seems back to normal this morning.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:

Black is a complete gentleman, he'd never bite someone, never even heard him hiss. Heck he can't even meow. He never used to get nervous about getting in the car or going to the vet. I let him roam free on the way back because he was obviously extraordinarily stressed.

He came home and was lethargic after his shot, just laid with me the rest of the night. Seems back to normal this morning.

The Fuzz was never like that either until the wife had him neutered at the Humane Society. I was very against it but because it was cheaper, and my wife's friend recommended it and she wanted to argue for it. I don't have that type of endurance for that these days. When he returned from the Humane Society he was a different cat, and upon his follow-up there he started to freak out about being there. They couldn't even do the follow-up and I got really upset and stressed, and took the cat and left. He was howling in there, it made my stomach twist. My wife saw his reaction in there and has never said a word about it since, I told her they did something in there that traumatized the cat, maybe not enough anesthetic but definitely caused his distress. He is otherwise fine but has developed an aversion to the Vet now.

Regards, Will G.

Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
My first cat could not even travel in a car or certainly go to the vet without completely freaking out. An older retired vet suggested placing him in a pillow case that has been used as a top cover in his bed for any short trips in a car. We always left the case opening unsecured and he was so calm he would usually fall asleep during the drive.
He also enjoyed sleeping under the top sheet of our bed.

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
To quote Para from the beginning of the thread:

"Look at my fuckin balls. Look."

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8798 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Look at my lack of balls.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Look at my lack of balls.

Did you look under the couch?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Let's see...they used to be here someplace!

Regards, Will G.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Yes I'm watching this show and No! You can't have the remote.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post