SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 469
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd: I guess that means I have to dress up as a welder so I can safely put her costume on her.

I can understand that completely. My vet's assistants have to wear welding gloves to handle my cat. I had to take him in 2 weeks ago as he's under the weather and I told the assistant that if the vets going to take his temp she be wise to use the gloves but she declined and was extremely sorry for making that decision!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
Our newest addition we got at the pound! 15 weeks old and full of energy. Wife says there called Tortousshell?

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I'll take it!

(I'm jealous)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 280 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
Diluted tortie. Wow. Buckle up! Wink

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd: I guess that means I have to dress up as a welder so I can safely put her costume on her.

I can understand that completely. My vet's assistants have to wear welding gloves to handle my cat. I had to take him in 2 weeks ago as he's under the weather and I told the assistant that if the vets going to take his temp she be wise to use the gloves but she declined and was extremely sorry for making that decision!
We had a cat when I was a kid that was great around kids and adults. Never bit or scratched a kid even when my dumbassed brother and neighbor girl tugged a war with her as the rope, and she loved being the center of attention at the vet (purred and rolled over exposing her belly) so she never bit or scratched anyone at the vet. She was mainly an indoor cat in the winter and mainly an outdoor cat in the summer.

One year there was a bumper crop of fleas and her flea collar wasn't up to the task of fending them off. She lost 1/3 of her body weight, the vet nursed her back to health, and surprisingly once we got her back home one person had to wear welding gloves to hold her while the other person sprayed her with the prescription flea spray.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by taadski:
She's a cutie!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortoiseshell_cat

Ya she has that there Tortatude!!! I have noticed she is very affectionate, more so than other cats we have had.

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of normamag
posted Hide Post

Posts: 117 | Location: reno | Registered: September 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueshep:
Our newest addition we got at the pound! 15 weeks old and full of energy. Wife says there called Tortousshell?

Pretty kitteh Smile And thanks for rescuing!

That look is the same kind of attentive look I get from our rescue. I've given her plenty of attention, including following her when she comes up and "talks" to me--to find out what she wants. In return: She actually listens to me and has learned some of my habits. For example: She's learned that when I leave in the morning I like to tell her goodbye. She either waits for me, right there, or comes immediately, from nearby, when I call her.

I've interacted with her more than any other cat, and the results have been quite astonishing.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
"Tortoise Shell", FWIW.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by blueshep:

Pretty kitteh Smile And thanks for rescuing!

That look is the same kind of attentive look I get from our rescue. I've given her plenty of attention, including following her when she comes up and "talks" to me--to find out what she wants. In return: She actually listens to me and has learned some of my habits. For example: She's learned that when I leave in the morning I like to tell her goodbye. She either waits for me, right there, or comes immediately, from nearby, when I call her.

I've interacted with her more than any other cat, and the results have been quite astonishing.

Rescue pets have lots of love for their humans. They know the difference between their former and current lives.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
"Tortoise Shell", FWIW.

It's a "Gimmedat".

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
After viewing competitive diving on TV, Andi did her best double in the pike position.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Tortie. They do have a Tortitude, which I love. I have a "Little one" who is currently at 13-14lbs. She loves to jump into the fridge when we open it up. (Disclaimer, no cats were hurt and said cats were removed and cat fur was removed as well)

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
I know what this means. I've seen the Blade movies.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Is that the back of the creepy (but cute) cat lady from page 283?
quote:

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terra:
Beautiful Tortie. They do have a Tortitude, which I love. I have a "Little one" who is currently at 13-14lbs. She loves to jump into the fridge when we open it up. (Disclaimer, no cats were hurt and said cats were removed and cat fur was removed as well)

Our first cat always ran to the kitchen when the fridge was opened. He knew that was where the sliced turkey breast was.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Liberty, Freedom,
Rights...and GunFire!
Picture of GunFire
posted Hide Post
How to call your lost Kitty

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRiuvVP-cVU

Posts: 1721 | Location: Spetsnaz 2/9/2006, then GunFire --> > > | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post