SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Claussen Pickle Shortage
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Claussen Pickle Shortage Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
As a kid, I never liked pickles but as an adult, they've grown on me.

Might have to go look for these.

Posts: 11023 | Location: All over | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought another jar tonight.

Now I have....

Whole dill pickles
Dill spears
Dill sandwich slices
Mini dills

Yep, better go buy their stock!

Posts: 8617 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not even an empty spot at my publix .... seems they are gone......

Posts: 1900 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Claussen have not been on sale in ages. I've taken to buying the big (128 fl oz) $7 jug of whole Mt. Olive pickles and slicing them up.

https://www.mtolivepickles.com.../whole-kosher-dills/

Posts: 8017 | Location: Mid-Atlantic Region | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Shelves are bare around here again too.

Posts: 26064 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
We've been getting the sliced or sandwich versions, none of the full solid pickles for a few weeks...

Posts: 15854 | Location: FL | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
We've been getting the sliced or sandwich versions, none of the full solid pickles for a few weeks...

Odd, I'm having the opposite experience. Lots of whole minis available, but no slices or spears.

Posts: 26064 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sandwich slices is the hard one to get here... selling like hotcakes.
They are coming in, they just go quickly.

Posts: 8617 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
hmm, now if we all lived a bit closer we could arrange a pickle swap.... Big Grin

Posts: 15854 | Location: FL | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
My 9" Wüsthof bread knife makes quick work of turning whole pickles into sandwich pickles. And maybe slice up a sweet onion as well. Mmmmmmm - onion tomato on white with mayo. Pickles next time.

Posts: 8017 | Location: Mid-Atlantic Region | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post